Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sutton in a trade down?
Seems like outside of aj green we have nobody. If mcglichey is gone, and we're picking inside the top 10, I would love to trade down to 14-17 range pick up a extra second and get courtland sutton. Sutton is as good if not better than Corey davis. Seems Boyd is a bust. Oline nobody worthy in top 10 left. And with the 2 seconds pick up will hernandez and Billy price. Hopefully jamarco Jones is avaliable in the third. Ik ot is a major need, but seems like most of the pressure is from the inside. Getting that interior oline solidified would help out the ots as well. That's what I would do. So that would give us green and Sutton on outside with Ross in the slot. And a great interior oline. Also try to sign a average left tackle maybe Nate solder.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Seems like outside of aj green we have nobody. If mcglichey is gone, and we're picking inside the top 10, I would love to trade down to 14-17 range pick up a extra second and get courtland sutton. Sutton is as good if not better  than Corey davis. Seems Boyd is a bust. Oline nobody worthy in top 10 left. And with the 2 seconds pick up will hernandez and Billy price. Hopefully jamarco Jones is avaliable in the third. Ik ot is a major need, but seems like most of the pressure is from  the inside. Getting that interior oline solidified would help out the ots as well. That's what I would do. So that would give us green and Sutton on outside with Ross in the slot. And a great interior oline. Also try to sign a average left tackle maybe Nate solder.

McGlinchey will be there around 15.  So, no, we probably don't need to trade down.

That being said, I'd rather draft Quentin Nelson (one of the best OG prospects in a long time) to fix the interior.  6'5", 325 and a great technician.  He would immediately upgrade the running game.

Then I would draft a C.  

I can't see any scenario where I would draft a WR in the top 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: McGlinchey will be there around 15.  So, no, we probably don't need to trade down.

That being said, I'd rather draft Quentin Nelson (one of the best OG prospects in a long time) to fix the interior.  6'5", 325 and a great technician.  He would immediately upgrade the running game.

Then I would draft a C.  

There is actually more and more debate about who is better Hernandez or Nelson. And we massively disagree about where mcglichey will go. I say top 5 most likely to the Giants. But it's obvious we don't have a 3 wr set we feel comfortable with. Giving us 3 wrs with wr1 potential would be scary. And giving us a line of fisher Hernandez price boling and solder would make me feel pretty comfortable with oline. And offensive skill positions of Sutton green Ross and mixon would be a dream.
Reply/Quote
Another first round WR Dalton doesn't have time to throw to is exactly what this team needs. Just think of all the weapons! How will other teams stop the Bengals offensive?

It's like some people didn't learn anything from this year.
Reply/Quote
Hmm, it's like deja vu all over again . . .

(01-10-2017, 03:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: God even if aj goes down I would have way more trust in the offense than I do now if lafell would be our number 1 as opposed to Williams. Starting offense skill players of Williams, green both players that need double coverage. Eifert and Boyd working the middle with gio and bulkhead as pass catching rbs. How do u stop all those weapons?

(01-10-2017, 05:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Rush the passer so he doesn't have time to throw. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Hmm, it's like deja vu all over again . . .

Except we didn't draft Williams and Ross isn't playing 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Another first round WR Dalton doesn't have time to throw to is exactly what this team needs. Just think of all the weapons!  How will other teams stop the Bengals offensive?

It's like some people didn't learn anything from this year.

And with the only lt avaliable gone let's get a extra second rounder and build a dominant interior oline. Try for jamarco Jones in the third
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: McGlinchey will be there around 15.  So, no, we probably don't need to trade down.

Then I would draft a C.  

Didn't we say something similar this past draft about the WRs?
IIRC, everyone thought the Bengals would get their pick of whichever WR they wanted at 9 but even then all of Williams, Davis, and Ross were considered "reaches" at 9.
Yet low and behold, Davis and Williams both went ahead of the Bengals and then Ross was selected at 9.

So IMO if the Bengals like McGlinchey enough and consider him as a top 12-15 prospect but end up picking before that, it wouldn't be the worst thing if they pulled the trigger.
You can never guarantee a player being available when you think he will be, especially if it's just the difference of 5-10 picks. Pull the trigger if you like him unless you can pull off a good trade to go back a few spots and still get that guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Seems like outside of aj green we have nobody. If mcglichey is gone, and we're picking inside the top 10, I would love to trade down to 14-17 range pick up a extra second and get courtland sutton. Sutton is as good if not better  than Corey davis. Seems Boyd is a bust. Oline nobody worthy in top 10 left. And with the 2 seconds pick up will hernandez and Billy price. Hopefully jamarco Jones is avaliable in the third. Ik ot is a major need, but seems like most of the pressure is from  the inside. Getting that interior oline solidified would help out the ots as well. That's what I would do. So that would give us green and Sutton on outside with Ross in the slot. And a great interior oline. Also try to sign a average left tackle maybe Nate solder.

If the Bengals spend yet another 1st round pick on WR, I'm going to lose my shit.
People are already willing to give up on Ross and Malone and it's only eight games in.
You shouldn't invest that many first and second round picks into WRs. Invest in the trenches. McGlinchey or Nelson for OL, Bradley Chubb or Christian Wilkins for DL.
Or QB if the Bengals feel there's a franchise top-10 talent at QB and they can trade away McCarron and/or Dalton for more picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 05:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals spend yet another 1st round pick on WR, I'm going to lose my shit.
People are already willing to give up on Ross and Malone and it's only eight games in.
You shouldn't invest that many first and second round picks into WRs. Invest in the trenches. McGlinchey or Nelson for OL, Bradley Chubb or Christian Wilkins for DL.
Or QB if the Bengals feel there's a franchise top-10 talent at QB and they can trade away McCarron and/or Dalton for more picks.
I'm looking more to the future. Aj green is 30 Ross isn't a bust, Lewis is just stubborn. But Sutton is a legit terrell owens type wr. If mcglichey is gone, then trade down get a second rounder and get 3 potential wr1s. And u still get the same amount of oline players that u would get regardless. If mcglichey is there and they don't take him I would lose my shit. But if he's gone. U have the potential to get 3 wr1 an absolutely highest level of doninant guard in Hernandez and a really good center in price. Then next year go for the ots.but getting Hernandez and price would give our running have a massive boost, and that would make the ots play better. 
I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Malone and Boyd  and a 5th for an additional second to get that left tackle.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm looking more to the future. Aj green is 30 Ross isn't a bust, Lewis is just stubborn. But Sutton is a legit terrell owens type wr. If mcglichey is gone, then trade down get a second rounder and get 3 potential wr1s. And u still get the same amount of oline players that u would get regardless. If mcglichey is there and they don't take him I would lose my shit. But if he's gone. U have the potential to get 3 wr1 an absolutely highest level of doninant guard in Hernandez and a really good center in price. Then next year go for the ots.but getting Hernandez and price would give our running have a massive boost, and that would make the ots play better. 
I also wouldn't be opposed to trading Malone and Boyd  and a 5th for an additional second to get that left tackle.

No, it wouldn't. And it doesn't matter if you have three legit #1 WRs with two OTs that don't grade out within the top 60 OTs in the league.

If adding Sutton would mean the Bengals have three #1 WRs next season that means the Bengals have two #1 WRs now and yet their offense is putrid.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 02:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No, it wouldn't. And it doesn't matter if you have three legit #1 WRs with two OTs that don't grade out within the top 60 OTs in the league.

If adding Sutton would mean the Bengals have three #1 WRs next season that means the Bengals have two #1 WRs now and yet their offense is putrid.

Yeah we do. But Lewis is a stubborn sob who dosent want to play his best players. And as far as ots play yes they can play better bc they can get chips from guards and rbs... Right now the guards are having to chip inside. And also a great interior oline means that the running game will be doing well which opens up the passing game ala ots play better due to less pass blocking snaps.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 06:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah we do. But Lewis is a stubborn sob who dosent want to play his best players. And as far as ots play yes they can play better bc they can get chips from guards and rbs... Right now the guards are having to chip inside. And also a great interior oline means that the running game will be doing well which opens up the passing game ala ots play better due to less pass blocking snaps.

And we know all of this is true because having Ross and Mixon has helped the OTs play so much better.

(03-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: would throw the remote through the tv if we draft ross.

(03-13-2017, 01:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: First off, not a fan way too injury prone. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.but picking a player at 9 with so many injuries... here is a list of his injuries.
Torn labrum
Torn meniscus in right knee
Torn meniscus in left knee
Torn acl in left knee
Microfracture surgery on left knee

(04-20-2017, 07:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Again, Ross only has elite straight line speed. That's it.

Obviously, Ross' lone fumble must have really impressed you to change your opinion of him so dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 09:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And we know all of this is true because having Ross and Mixon has helped the OTs play so much better.

Obviously, Ross' lone fumble must have really impressed you to change your opinion of him so dramatically.
Mixon has nothing to do with the interior oline. And Ross hasn't gotten onto the field. IDC who u pick, a top 10 pick should have played by now. Bc bum ass lafell couldn't get open against a JV CB.
Reply/Quote
Psst! I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

It doesn't matter how many talented skill players that you roll out there, if the OL can't block well enough for a play to even develop. This is true in football, at any level of competition.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 10:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mixon has nothing to do with the interior oline. And Ross hasn't gotten onto the field. IDC who u pick, a top 10 pick should have played by now. Bc bum ass lafell couldn't get open against a JV CB.

Really?

(02-20-2017, 02:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: A great running back like Joe mixon or Dalvin cook makes the while oline better.

(04-21-2017, 12:50 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I may be a littlw hard on ross i admit. But i have to be because a lot of people (not you, u can actually understand reason) are acting like he will just blow by people. It takes him about 30 yards or so to hit that elite speed. At the 20 yard split hes got the same time as 2 players who ran a 4.41 and 4.50 respectively(humphrey and cook). Yes hes a good route runner, and if he were avaliable around 22 or so, i would take him gladly. But to act like hes just gonna run right by everyone is asanine. Everyone on here seems to think hell just run by everyone. He wont. And the main cincern is the microfracture surgery. 70 percent of microfracture surgery needs another within 10 years. Thats my concern more than anything. And you are right i do have a bias of mike williams, but only bc i think hell help our offense more than ross. U think the opposite. I respect that.
Yeah but as mentioned above, hes not gonna have that 4.22 speed until the 30 yard mark. Is he elite enough of a cb to get seperation against man press on short and intermediate routes? I dont believe so. Its why i believe williams would be better on our offense.

So Mixon makes the whole offensive line better, but has nothing to do with the interior line and Ross is a legit #1 WR who improves the play of the OTs, but can seperate and can only run fast but it takes him 30 yards to build up speed.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really?

So Mixon makes the whole offensive line better, but has nothing to do with the interior line and Ross is a legit #1 WR who improves the play of the OTs, but can seperate and can only run fast but it takes him 30 yards to build up speed.
Yes mixon makes the whole line better. It's why he's averaging the most yards after contact in the entire league. And Ross would help with the tackles if he actually got on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 01:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes mixon makes the whole line better. It's why he's averaging the most yards after contact in the entire league. And Ross would help with the tackles if he actually got on the field. 

(11-11-2017, 10:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mixon has nothing to do with the interior oline.

How can Mixon make the whole line better and not have anything to do with the interior line? Plus the Bengals have the worst rushing offense in the NFL.

How can Ross make the OTs better if he can't seperate?
Reply/Quote
I'm not gonna complain if they trade back get Sutton and use the extra picks or FA on thr offensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 07:49 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not gonna complain if they trade back get Sutton and use the extra picks or FA on thr offensive line.

This is my point... The whole thread I've been arguing with people bc they're whining about taking another wr. Well guess what? It's looking less and less like there's an lt worthy of a top 10 pick. Or even a first round pick. So get an aj green replacement, get 2 second round picks and get who u want in the oline in the second with 2 picks.
Reply/Quote