Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweat sweat and more sweat
It took a day to build, half a day to coat with linseed oil and 32 1/2 gallons of sweat to drag up on the back deck from the shop.. It's roughly 90° and enough humidity to swim in the "air" here in South Carolina and still needs filled with soil.  I'm rapidly running out of clean laundry..  lol  Trust me ..it's bigger than it looks in the picture ..about 60 pounds empty. . 
[Image: pmJBJMRqj]
I might even sweep off the deck this summer. .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are you putting flowers in it?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2018, 04:52 PM)treee Wrote: Are you putting flowers in it?

Marijuana
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Herbs and other edible stuff..  I'm thinking of building several to establish a raised deck garden . I have more than enough flowers as is.. Petunias are growing crazy this year, but as the growing season goes on and they begin getting stringy and ugly I cut off new starts, strip back some of  the leaves and make new petunias.. And by the way , if you grow petunias and want them to last longer snip off all the dead or dying flowers before they go to seed. That's the signal to the plant its time to die.  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was hoping this was gonna be another thread like this:

[Image: img_72701.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 02:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was hoping this was gonna be another thread like this:

[Image: img_72701.jpg]

I'm so sorry to disappoint you. I thought about placing a sweaty woman in the planter, but every one I asked to climb in it declined citing splinters..  Probably a result of women's liberation . They used to climb inside wooden planters on demand, but they've gotten so uppity these days..

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 02:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm so sorry to disappoint you. I thought about placing a sweaty woman in the planter, but every one I asked to climb in it declined citing splinters..  Probably a result of women's liberation . They used to climb inside wooden planters on demand, but they've gotten so uppity these days..

it all started with the 19th amendment.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Who knew this thread would lead me to reviewing the basics of the 19th amendment? 

Reply/Quote