Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet! We get to lose AJ McCarron for absolutely nothing in 2018
We had our chances to trade him and now we get to lose him for nothing in 2018. Awesome news!
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Don't forget about the 5th round COMP PICK!!!!!! Hobson just creamed himself
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:53 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Don't forget about the 5th round COMP PICK!!!!!! Hobson just creamed himself

I bet he would rather have a 2nd and 3rd as they are worth more. 
Reply/Quote
Bad deal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: We had our chances to trade him and now we get to lose him for nothing in 2018. Awesome news!

He's still under contract in 2018...
Reply/Quote
Isn't AJ still a restricted free agent in 2018? If so the Bengals can still get something depending on what tender they place on him. Given how many teams are QB needy I bet they could place a 2nd round tender on him. IMO, likely candidates to make an offer Browns (obviously), Broncos, Cardinals, Redskins, Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, and Giants. Maybe even the Saints as it appears Drew is near the end of his career. The Chargers are another that may be looking for their next QB outside the draft.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: We had our chances to trade him and now we get to lose him for nothing in 2018. Awesome news!

you don;t know that... his status is yet to be determined by the arbitrator.. and form our stand put we did trade him.. Browns dropped the ball but that is no surprise now is it... they are I believe the worst franchise in NFL history now over a decade time period.

Cincinnati Bengals  1992-2001 -  47 wins.. no winning season , one 8-8

Cleveland Browns- 2008-present- 38 wins and counting lol.. no winning season or 500 seasons   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you don;t know that... his status is yet to be determined by the arbitrator.. and form our stand put we did trade him.. Browns dropped the ball but that is no surprise now is it... they might be the worst franchise in NFL history now over a decade time period.

Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that the Browns sent us the signed trade agreement to sign and send in to the league, and we signed failed to do so, instead sending in a copy only signed by us.

Not sure if I believe it or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that the Browns sent us the signed trade agreement to sign and send in to the league, and we signed failed to do so, instead sending in a copy only signed by us.

Not sure if I believe it or not.

Who the hell knows bottom line just sad this did not happen for either team...still could happen but will we see after the season

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/31/report-bengals-botched-a-j-mccarron-trade-at-deadline/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/31/browns-trade-for-aj-mccarron-reportedly-fails-because-team-too-busy-celebrating-it/?utm_term=.1939b03a6498 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: sounds like the Browns did drop the ball

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/31/browns-trade-for-aj-mccarron-reportedly-fails-because-team-too-busy-celebrating-it/?utm_term=.1939b03a6498 
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/31/report-bengals-botched-a-j-mccarron-trade-at-deadline/

Don't know which is right, but I figure Jim will get to the bottom of it.
Reply/Quote
AJM will be traded in the off season and will have a first round tender. So A team will give up their first rd pick or multiple in a trade
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/31/report-bengals-botched-a-j-mccarron-trade-at-deadline/

Don't know which is right, but I figure Jim will get to the bottom of it.

It’s PFT.

You can’t trust anything this clown reports
Reply/Quote

I don't think it is a proven yet that he wins his arbitration case and is a free agent.  I actually believe most have the opinion that he won't win the case and will not be a free agent for another year.

Listen, I get it...and I was on board with trade McCarron for anything 2nd rounder or higher, but he is a pretty damn good insurance policy for a guy that looks to be a dead man walking right now.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s PFT.  

You can’t trust anything this clown reports

They are stating what Mary Kay Cabot is reporting...

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/925499430975037440?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: AJM will be traded in the off season and will have a first round tender.  So A team will give up their first rd pick or multiple in a trade

I don't think the Bengals will put a first round tender on him.  That's a pretty big asking price for an unproven QB given how little interest he had before the trade deadline. It seems the Browns were the only ones seriously interested.  Plus next year's QB draft class looks pretty good.  I think it is more likely Bengals put a second round tender on him. IMO that is more realistic and fits his price range.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 10:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think the Bengals will put a first round tender on him.  That's a pretty big asking price for an unproven QB given how little interest he had before the trade deadline. It seems the Browns were the only ones interested.  Plus next year's QB draft class looks pretty good.  I think it is more likely Bengals put a second round tender on him. IMO that is more realistic and fits his price range.

4 million for a high end backup? Not a bad price at all.
Reply/Quote
I’m so happy this deal didn’t go through. Cincinnati will need AJ McCarron this week in Jacksonville after the offensive line gets Andy Dalton flattened like a pancake. The Jaguars’ pass rush reminds me of what Cincinnati had under Mike Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They are stating what Mary Kay Cabot is reporting...

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/925499430975037440?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Grossi is killing the Browns
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 10:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Grossi is killing the Browns

We'll find out what the truth is, but I'm wondering how long that will take...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 4 million for a high end backup?  Not a bad price at all.

He isn't a proven high end backup.  He just has potential value based on what scouts know.  Keep in mind if the Bengals put a first round tender on him this is how it works.  The restricted free agent can negotiate with other teams, but the original team has the option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.  So say a team makes an offer for AJ and he accepts the Bengals have the option to match to keep him but if they don't match the deal the team gives the Bengals their first round pick.  So it isn't just 4 million, the team that takes AJ gives their first round pick to the Bengals.  If no team makes an offer based on the first round tender then AJ remains with the Bengals under his contract. Then next year he enters unrestricted free agency which means the Bengals can get nothing for him.

That is why I feel a second round tender is more likely. It works the same way but instead of a first the Bengals would get a second. I honestly don't think AJ is worth a first round pick. Of course there is always the Browns that might be willing to bite on that first round tender, so you never know. haha. I don't see any other better managed teams willing to give up a first for AJ under a first round tender. Especially considering the upcoming college QB class is highly rated.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote