Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch to a 3-4?
Guys,

If we were to change our defense to a 3-4, where would you put everyone?

Just kidding, I was missing the old board a little bit and thought I would post something that used to come up every few months?

Also, would Jason Shirley be a better fit at NT or OG?

Carry on. Can't beat the start of the season.

For those of you that knew me from the old board, my wife and I are expecting a baby boy in January - just in time for the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
congrats.. hope the youngin gets a super bowl trophy out the way before he turns 1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations
Reply/Quote
Congrats!  They are a handful but if it's your first, they will change your perspective on all things (in a good way)! Kinda like taking a hit of acid, but on a whole notha level!

And no on the switch to 3-4, @least for now.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:38 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Congrats!  They are a handful but if it's your first, they will change your perspective on all things (in a good way)!  Kinda like taking a hit of acid, but on a whole notha level!

And no on the switch to 3-4, @least for now.

I'm not sure if you were on the "old" board, but every year it would come up. I just scratched my head because all our best players in the front seven are horrible fits for a 3-4
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 11:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Guys,

Just kidding, I was missing the old board a little bit and thought I would post something that used to come up every few months?

For those of you that knew me from the old board, my wife and I are expecting a baby boy in January - just in time for the Super Bowl.

Congrats!!! Is it your first?  There is nothing like having children.  It binds a family.  Puts the world in perspective.  Nothing in the world equals the love I have for my two kids. 
Reply/Quote
Jason Shirley...... lol
Reply/Quote

Congrats on your new addition and a new addition to our Bengals family
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Congrats!!! Is it your first?  There is nothing like having children.  It binds a family.  Puts the world in perspective.  Nothing in the world equals the love I have for my two kids. 

This will be our 4th boy.  It's a little emotional this time around.  My wife and I had a set of twins 2 years ago and one of them didn't wake up at 5 months.

We are definitely excited, although our other 2 (4 years and 2 years) seem to destroy anything and everything.  I guess if I ever throw something at the TV, I can always blame it on the 4 year old.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:45 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not sure if you were on the "old" board, but every year it would come up. I just scratched my head because all our best players in the front seven are horrible fits for a 3-4

well we probly have 4 worthy Linebackers..... But our DEs arent suited for 3-4DEs and we definately dont have that NT that you want for that Defense.

But yeah its not in the works and would require a big overhaul especially now that we have a good DL
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we probly have 4 worthy Linebackers.....   But our DEs arent suited for 3-4DEs and we definately dont have that NT that you want for that Defense.

But yeah its not in the works and would require a big overhaul especially now that we have a good DL

Yeah, it was mainly a sarcastic question.  It's hard to find really good 4-3 pass rushers that aren't liabilities against the run.  Dunlap is definitely one of the those.
Reply/Quote

Some of us have been waiting decades for Super Bowl win, you baby will have to wait only a month!...HOPEFULLY
Reply/Quote