Release Bobby Hart
Release BJ Finney

Resign Quinton Spain
Resign Carl Lawson
Resign Mackenzie Alexander

Sign IOL Larry Warford
Sign CB Kevin King
Sign WR David Moore

With the Third pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

1. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
2. Daviyon Nixon IDL Iowa
3. Jaelan Phillips Edge Miami
4. Trey Hill IOL Georgia
5. Divine Deablo S Virginia Tech
6. Reggie Roberson WR SMU
7. Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
7. Tyreke Smith Edge Ohio State

Rebuilding the right side of the line with two 340lb offensive linemen. Larry Warford and Penei Sewell are known for their run blocking and that is a spot that sorely needs upgrading from the last two seasons. Kevin King is a solid corner with an injury history. King won't command a large contract more likely a 1 year prove he can stay healthy deal especially with the salary cap dropping in 2021. David Moore is a solid #3 WR from Seattle he's can play outside or in the slot, is a deep threat, and YAC receiver.

Daviyon Nixon is the most disruptive IDL player in college football he reminds me of Quinnen Williams. Nixon is explosive off the ball but also has short area quickness that allows him to get into the opposing offensives backfield even while consistently forced to split double teams. He also is long and strong enough to plant his feet and two gap. Jaelan Phillips is a former 5 star recruit that had to battle first at the bottom of the depth chart then injuries early in his college career but is really starting to come into his own as this season has progressed. He has the length, strength, quickness to be a terror as an edge rusher but is still raw perfect to rotate with Hubbard and Lawson.

Trey Hill is a large IOL that has experience at both Center and Right Guard. While he won't wow you with his athletic ability he is a stable part of the Georgia offensive line in pass protection and run blocking. Hill has been battle tested by the SEC and alot of great IDL. Besides having an awesome name Divine Deablo is playing well for VT he is very long has some solid athleticism and plays well near the LoS. Reggie Roberson is a playmaker... He can beat you with his speed, explosion off the line, and physical play. Where he shines is setting up the corner off the line its something you don't see from alot of college receivers. Injurieswill
kill Roberson's draft stock.

Kellen Mond has everything you want in a Quarterback except consistency one game he looks like a star the next he looks like its the first time hes played the position. He has size and an arm and can run a a read option offense as a backup QB. Tyreke Smith is a raw Ohio State edge rusher that is still learning the position he has the physical traits you want on the edge but may or may not ever put it together.

Edit: Apologies. I had several windows opened and posted this in the wrong section. Can a Mod please move this thread? Thank you lol. And fixed the paragraphs pasting from notepad is ugly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like the draft, but I'm not a big fan of the FA moves. It would be very disappointing to clear $20+ million in cap space with those cuts and have Warford wind up being the crown jewel of UFA. Guy was declining in NO before taking a year off. Spain is not very good. Lawson isn't big enough to be an every down DE in a 4-3 and doesn't drop or cover well enough to be an every down OLB in a 3-4. I wouldn't drop big money to retain him.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: I like the draft, but I'm not a big fan of the FA moves.  It would be very disappointing to clear $20+ million in cap space with those cuts and have Warford wind up being the crown jewel of UFA.  Guy was declining in NO before taking a year off.  Spain is not very good.  Lawson isn't big enough to be an every down DE in a 4-3 and doesn't drop or cover well enough to be an every down OLB in a 3-4.  I wouldn't drop big money to retain him.

It's a mock draft not intended to feature Free Agents. I used the free agents to fill and the draft to really upgrade.

As for concerns Carl Lawson has proven this year he is a solid 3 down weak side edge and deserves a 10 or 11m contract. Larry Warford was a cap casualty he did not decline his run blocking was on point and allowed only 6 more pressures in 2019 than 2018 and only 2 more than 2017.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: I like the draft, but I'm not a big fan of the FA moves.  It would be very disappointing to clear $20+ million in cap space with those cuts and have Warford wind up being the crown jewel of UFA.  Guy was declining in NO before taking a year off.  Spain is not very good.  Lawson isn't big enough to be an every down DE in a 4-3 and doesn't drop or cover well enough to be an every down OLB in a 3-4.  I wouldn't drop big money to retain him.

I too am not a fan of the FA moves unless it's kind of a necessity due to lack of $$.
King is a downgrade from WJ3, and I think there are better options than Moore for WR3, even at potentially the same cost level.

Perhaps it would help to have a guesstimation for APY on the FA contracts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I too am not a fan of the FA moves unless it's kind of a necessity due to lack of $$.
King is a downgrade from WJ3, and I think there are better options than Moore for WR3, even at potentially the same cost level.

Perhaps it would help to have a guesstimation for APY on the FA contracts.

David Moore is a good #3 Wide Receiver and exactly the type of player that would fit well with Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Kevin King is a left corner to play opposite of Trae Waynes. I understand that I dont have big names on my Free Agency list which is intentional. I was highlighting the draft...it appears to have the opposite effect lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 05:14 PM)Synric Wrote: David Moore is a good #3 Wide Receiver and exactly the type of player that would fit well with Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Kevin King is a left corner to play opposite of Trae Waynes. I understand that I dont have big names on my Free Agency list which is intentional. I was highlighting the draft...it appears to have the opposite effect lol.

I can understand the roles that each FA would play, but I think estimated cost needs to be shown to get more buy-in. If you're talking like $8 mill or less for King, $7 mill for Warford (his asking price last offseason), and $3-4 mill for Moore, I think that may sit easier with people reading the mock.

But I think especially with King, I'd prefer to keep WJ3 if the Bengals have room in the budget for him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 05:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can understand the roles that each FA would play, but I think estimated cost needs to be shown to get more buy-in. If you're talking like $8 mill or less for King, $7 mill for Warford (his asking price last offseason), and $3-4 mill for Moore, I think that may sit easier with people reading the mock.

But I think especially with King, I'd prefer to keep WJ3 if the Bengals have room in the budget for him.

65 mil cap space after releases minus 10m for a top 5 draft class. 55m..ish

Carl Lawson 11m
Quinton Spain 5m
Mackenzie Alexander 6m
Larry Warford 8m
Kevin King 6m
David Moore 4m
Kevin Huber 3m
Randy Bullock 2.5m
Brandon Wilson 3m
= 48.5

They also need to fill like 15 more spots after those signings with that left over 6 to 8m. Also a Jessie Bates extention would be a small raise in 2021 and a huge jump in 2022.

Edit: I left numbers out on purpose for people to explore the players. Trying to guess at contracts and cap space is a fools game.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Release Geno Atkins
Release Bobby Hart
Release BJ Finney

Resign Quinton Spain
Resign Carl Lawson
Resign Mackenzie Alexander

Sign IOL Larry Warford
Sign CB Kevin King
Sign WR David Moore

With the Third pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

1. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
2. Daviyon Nixon IDL Iowa
3. Jaelan Phillips Edge Miami
4. Trey Hill IOL Georgia
5. Divine Deablo S Virginia Tech
6. Reggie Roberson WR SMU
7. Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
7. Tyreke Smith Edge Ohio State

Rebuilding the right side of the line with two 340lb offensive linemen. Larry Warford and Penei Sewell are known for their run blocking and that is a spot that sorely needs upgrading from the last two seasons. Kevin King is a solid corner with an injury history. King won't command a large contract more likely a 1 year prove he can stay healthy deal especially with the salary cap dropping in 2021. David Moore is a solid #3 WR from Seattle he's can play outside or in the slot, is a deep threat, and YAC receiver.

Daviyon Nixon is the most disruptive IDL player in college football he reminds me of Quinnen Williams. Nixon is explosive off the ball but also has short area quickness that allows him to get into the opposing offensives backfield even while consistently forced to split double teams. He also is long and strong enough to plant his feet and two gap. Jaelan Phillips is a former 5 star recruit that had to battle first at the bottom of the depth chart then injuries early in his college career but is really starting to come into his own as this season has progressed. He has the length, strength, quickness to be a terror as an edge rusher but is still raw perfect to rotate with Hubbard and Lawson.

Trey Hill is a large IOL that has experience at both Center and Right Guard. While he won't wow you with his athletic ability he is a stable part of the Georgia offensive line in pass protection and run blocking. Hill has been battle tested by the SEC and alot of great IDL. Besides having an awesome name Divine Deablo is playing well for VT he is very long has some solid athleticism and plays well near the LoS. Reggie Roberson is a playmaker... He can beat you with his speed, explosion off the line, and physical play. Where he shines is setting up the corner off the line its something you don't see from alot of college receivers. Injurieswill
kill Roberson's draft stock.

Kellen Mond has everything you want in a Quarterback except consistency one game he looks like a star the next he looks like its the first time hes played the position. He has size and an arm and can run a a read option offense as a backup QB. Tyreke Smith is a raw Ohio State edge rusher that is still learning the position he has the physical traits you want on the edge but may or may not ever put it together.

Edit: Apologies. I had several windows opened and posted this in the wrong section. Can a Mod please move this thread? Thank you lol. And fixed the paragraphs pasting from notepad is ugly.

You make these cuts and we have 60 million in cap space, assuming 11 million rookie cap pool, we have 49 million.

Why not go after Thuney?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 05:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You make these cuts and we have 60 million in cap space, assuming 11 million rookie cap pool, we have 49 million.

Why not go after Thuney?

Joe Thuney is an elite pass protector but a average at best run blocker Left Guard. The Bengals need a strong run blocking Right Guard that is solid in pass protection and Larry Warford fits the bill.

If they spend high end money on a guard I would hope they go Brandon Scherff.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: 65 mil cap space after releases minus 10m for a top 5 draft class. 55m..ish

Carl Lawson 11m
Quinton Spain 5m
Mackenzie Alexander 6m
Larry Warford 8m
Kevin King 6m
David Moore 4m
Kevin Huber 3m
Randy Bullock 2.5m
Brandon Wilson 3m
= 48.5

They also need to fill like 15 more spots after those signings with that left over 6 to 8m. Also a Jessie Bates extention would be a small raise in 2021 and a huge jump in 2022.

Edit: I left numbers out on purpose for people to explore the players. Trying to guess at contracts and cap space is a fools game.

Toss CJ Uzomah into the cuts and you could upgrade that King signing to keep WJ3 instead. Or upgrade from Spain to a better LG.
Bengals can get by with Sample as the starting TE for next year or draft a guy. The TE is currently 5th option in the offense anyway, and would probably stay that way if Moore was signed as WR3.

Also, I doubt I'd bother with Bullock. His FG% is only 80.8% this season. Since the Bengals already have Seibert on the roster, they could roll with him and draft a guy to compete with him. Seibert is only expected to cost $850k next year. If Bullock is kept, I would actually pay him less than what he makes now, which is $1.875 mill. I'd probably offer him $1.5 mill at most.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well thought out. Wouldn't mind seeing a TE thrown in there somewhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like it. We definitely get a lot better up front on both offense and defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well thought out. Wouldn't mind seeing a TE thrown in there somewhere.

The Bengals need to add talent in the trenches this offseason that's where the investments went in my scenario... after this season I dont expect to change my mind much on that matter as the year progresses either lol.

As for Tight End it isnt one of the positions I've spent alot of time watching yet but I did do some looking into it. CJ Uzomah might not be the best of the best but if he can hold down the H-Back spot in 2021 the 2022 Tight End Free Agency class is very deep. Dallas Goedert, Mark Andrews, Mike Gesicki, Eric Ebron, Evan Engram, OJ Howard, David Njoku... I would like to see them steal Engram or Geiski in 2022.

Reply/Quote
I'm I the only one that thinks Nixon can be drafted in the top 10 in the draft? Dude looks like an elite DT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 05:48 PM)J24 Wrote: I'm I the only one that thinks Nixon can be drafted in the top 10 in the draft? Dude looks like an elite DT.

If he stays at Iowa instead of declaring and puts up another year like this one he can easily go top 15 or top 10. Especially if Iowa brings in a Nose Tackle and let's him play more under tackle which he likely will at the pro level.

Reply/Quote
Jaelan Phillips is getting late first early second round talk now with one CBS mock with him going #4 overall to the Cowboys. He is having one of those crazy rises should be expected though as a 5 star best prospect in the country...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 09:20 AM)Synric Wrote: Jaelan Phillips is getting late first early second round talk now with one CBS mock with him going #4 overall to the Cowboys. He is having one of those crazy rises should be expected though as a 5 star best prospect in the country...

It was going to happen eventually, a pass rusher or two will become top 10 guys by the time this is all said and done. 
Reply/Quote