Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Final 2021)
I wanted to get my final mock in early before this section gets crowded and/or Lapham ruins the pick lol.

1. Kyle Pitts, Tight End/Wide Receiver Florida

Dan Mullens said it best Pitts in a Unicorn and it takes a Unicorn to cover him.

2. Wyatt Davis, Offensive Guard Ohio State

I know most would like that Tackle prospect that will play guard in his rookie year but Wyatt Davis is still in consideration as the best Guard prospect in this draft class. A down year is causing him to slip in the draft rankings but he is a guy you can trust to come in day 1 and play RG in any scheme.

3. Walker Little, Offensive Tackle Stanford

Little as recently as last year was considered a high 1st round pick but 2 years of not playing has limited tape and development that is why the top of 3rd is a perfect spot to let him sit and develop.

4. Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Wide Receiver Iowa

Smith-Marsette is the missing piece to the Bengals receiving corps. He is a prototypical Z receiver that can run vertical routes and keep defenses honest while opening the underneath routes. He is explosive with the ball in his hands giving the Bengals a weapon to use on screens, jet sweeps, end arounds and other gadget plays. He is also a special teamer and a returner.

5. Darius Stills, Defensive Tackle West Virginia

Stills is a disruptive interior pass rusher that can be used in a rotation early while he works on his technique as a run stopper.

6. Johnathon Cooper, Edge Ohio State

Cooper his a smaller outside linebacker with a good not great first step. He seems to play longer than he really is and has a high motor.

6. Simi Fehoko, Wide Receiver Stanford

Fehoko is a big and fast big play threat but is pretty much a blank slate that needs to be molded into a football player. Size Length speed always helps on special teams and possibly develop in a good #4 receiver.

7. Wyatt Hubert, Edge Kansas State

Double dipping on the edge late in the draft is never a bad thing some guys will slide like Hubert because teams are looking to fill out special teams spots. Hubert might to be in the same athletic class as a lot of the edge rushers around but all he does is create pressure with a resilient motor.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You just had to get a WVU player in there. :P

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You just had to get a WVU player in there. Tongue

Always.

Going to start seeing alot more talent come out of WVU in a few years. They hired Neal Brown a few years ago after Dana Holgorsen left and he is a much better recruiter.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll agree to disagree on the first pick as I think signs are pointing to Chase being the pick. I fall into the 'pick an OL guy in 1st' crowd, but it looks like they won't be going that way.

I think doubling up on OL in rounds 2 & 3 is smart and is the direction I think they'll go if they go non-OL in the first. I personally think there's a chance Wyatt Davis could be available with their 3rd pick because of his knee concerns & like you mentioned, him having a down year. All things being equal, I agree that I'd like to see the 2nd rounder have some position flexibility starting out at guard and transitioning to tackle after a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 10:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Always.

Going to start seeing alot more talent come out of WVU in a few years. They hired Neal Brown a few years ago after Dana Holgorsen left and he is a much better recruiter.

I think Stills would be a great pickup. I like Fields too. I could see him working his way into a starting role in the NFL. He's a little small, but the couple games I watched WVU play, both of those guys stood out to me, as well as one of their Safeties. Smith? 

I've always liked WVU even though I dont follow them much. I remember Pat White though. That was a great team when he was around. And Tavon Austin was beastly in college. But White made me a bandwagon WVU fan.
Reply/Quote
Can't have everything but I'd like to see Edge addressed before RD 5. Love picks 1/2/4.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice Mock
I really like your wideout hes a monster#!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can't have everything but I'd like to see Edge addressed before RD 5. Love picks 1/2/4.

People are down on Wyatt Davis and the Ohio State offensive line recent history for the Bengals hasn't been good but he is one of the best guards in college football and fits a position of need for the Bengals Right Guard.

I figured there would be an edge in 3 the Bengals could get but Walker Little is very enticing with his talent.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 05:18 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think Stills would be a great pickup. I like Fields too. I could see him working his way into a starting role in the NFL. He's a little small, but the couple games I watched WVU play, both of those guys stood out to me, as well as one of their Safeties. Smith? 

I've always liked WVU even though I dont follow them much. I remember Pat White though. That was a great team when he was around. And Tavon Austin was beastly in college. But White made me a bandwagon WVU fan.

Tykee Smith transferred to Georgia following WVU's former DB coach this offseason. Sucks cuz he was one of the best nickle corners in college football (if not the best).

Reply/Quote