Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery)
Bengals win the QB Lottery.

First the Patriots give the Bengals pick #87 for Andy Dalton... Then the Panthers trade up to #33 just ahead of the Colts for Jordan Love giving the Bengals #38 and #69. Also after losing Bryan Bulaga in free agency the Packers in win now mode give up their very late 5th rounder (#158) for Cordy Glenn.

1. Joe Burrow, QB LSU: ....Duh

2 (#38). Denzel Mims, WR Baylor: The time of mocking Mims in the 5th and 6th round is over. At the Senior Bowl he boosted his draft stock more than any player of the week. Mims is an explosive athlete with great size/length, great hands, great body control, and a huge catch radius. One of my favorite traits about Mims is he has very heavy hands as a blocker he consistently knocks back corners with his punch lol.

3 (#65). Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan: Let me start by saying Ruiz will not be here... he is the best Center in this draft class. He does everything a center is asked to do at a high level. Ruiz can drive NT off the line, he can reach block, he can down block, he can combo disengage and get to the second level, he can block in space, he can pull. He is best pass blocking Center and one of the best pass blockers of all IOL. He allowed 8 pressures on the season and went six games without giving up a preasure. He also showed versatility starting at RG as a true freshman... did I mention he is only 20? Ruiz will be a late riser possibly into the 1st round.

3 (#69). Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB ASU: ADG showcased at the Senior Bowl that he can compete at with the best. He was everywhere doing everything. Good Chance he will be here because he has zero position versatility. He fits in Cincy and would be a great pairing with Germaine Pratt.

3 (#87). Matthew Peart, OT UConn: Peart is another Senior Bowl climber he showed great fundamentals and smooth feet. He has the frame and length to be a successful NFL Tackle. When we hear that he is a developmental guy its his body.. He needs to add strength to his lower body for anchor and leg drive.

4 (#97). K'von Wallace, S Clemson: K'von Wallace reminds me of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Rover safety you can play near the line, overhang, in man or zone coverage with a TE or a WR He would be an excellent pairing with a center field safety like Jessie Bates.

5 (#129). Cameron Brown, LB Penn State: Brown is huge at 6'5 233 34 inch arms add in he is an explosive athlete and he shrinks throwing windows but he is very raw. Over aggressive is an understatement I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker run himself out of so many plays like Brown.

5 (#158). AJ Green, CB Oklahoma State: Green is an experience corner doing everything but prefers to press. He reminds me of Dre Kirkpatrick in that he is solid in coverage but when asked to set the edge against the run or tackle in space he struggles.

6 (#161). Benjimen Victor, WR Ohio State: Victor is a tall smooth athlete but has zero burst to his game. He is a long strider that needs build up speed but he has great body control and can go up and grab a football. In a strong WR class he slides.

7 (#193). Garrett Marino, DT UAB: I hate that I wasnt able to add a Defensive Linemen earlier but Marino is a solid penetrating 3 tech. I first noticed him at the East West Shrine Bowl and had to check out some games. Marino wins every and any way he can with a very fast first step, great leverage, power with heavy hands, and pure meanness. Issues are he will be 26 as a rookie and has a on field Burfict attitude drawing lots of personal fouls.

Edit: Sorry Mods Wrong spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 11:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals win the QB Lottery.

First the Patriots give the Bengals pick #87 for Andy Dalton... Then the Panthers trade up to #33 just ahead of the Colts for Jordan Love giving the Bengals #38 and #69. Also after losing Bryan Bulaga in free agency the Packers in win now mode give up their very late 5th rounder (#158) for Cordy Glenn.

2 (#38). Denzel Mims, WR Baylor: The time of mocking Mims in the 5th and 6th round is over. At the Senior Bowl he boosted his draft stock more than any player of the week. Mims is an explosive athlete with great size/length, great hands, great body control, and a huge catch radius. One of my favorite traits about Mims is he has very heavy hands as a blocker he consistently knocks back corners with his punch lol.

3 (#65). Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan: Let me start by saying Ruiz will not be here... he is the best Center in this draft class. He does everything a center is asked to do at a high level. Ruiz can drive NT off the line, he can reach block, he can down block, he can combo disengage and get to the second level, he can block in space, he can pull. He is best pass blocking Center and one of the best pass blockers of all IOL. He allowed 8 pressures on the season and went six games without giving up a preasure. He also showed versatility starting at RG as a true freshman... did I mention he is only 20? Ruiz will be a late riser possibly into the 1st round.

3 (#69). Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB ASU: ADG showcased at the Senior Bowl that he can compete at with the best. He was everywhere doing everything. Good Chance he will be here because he has zero position versatility. He fits in Cincy and would be a great pairing with Germaine Pratt.

3 (#87). Matthew Peart, OT UConn: Peart is another Senior Bowl climber he showed great fundamentals and smooth feet. He has the frame and length to be a successful NFL Tackle. When we hear that he is a developmental guy its his body.. He needs to add strength to his lower body for anchor and leg drive.

4 (#97). K'von Wallace, S Clemson: K'von Wallace reminds me of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Rover safety you can play near the line, overhang, in man or zone coverage with a TE or a WR He would be an excellent pairing with a center field safety like Jessie Bates.

5 (#129). Cameron Brown, LB Penn State: Brown is huge at 6'5 233 34 inch arms add in he is an explosive athlete and he shrinks throwing windows but he is very raw. Over aggressive is an understatement I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker run himself out of so many plays like Brown.

5 (#158). AJ Green, CB Oklahoma State: Green is an experience corner doing everything but prefers to press. He reminds me of Dre Kirkpatrick in that he is solid in coverage but when asked to set the edge against the run or tackle in space he struggles.

6 (#161). Benjimen Victor, WR Ohio State: Victor is a tall smooth athlete but has zero burst to his game. He is a long strider that needs build up speed but he has great body control and can go up and grab a football. In a strong WR class he slides.

7 (#193). Garrett Marino, DT UAB: I hate that I wasnt able to add a Defensive Linemen earlier but Marino is a solid penetrating 3 tech. I first noticed him at the East West Shrine Bowl and had to check out some games. Marino wins every and any way he can with a very fast first step, great leverage, power with heavy hands, and pure meanness. Issues are he will be 26 as a rookie and has a on field Burfict attitude drawing lots of personal fouls.

I like the trades as I think they're fairly realistic and I think the Bengals will try to get up to 9-10 picks. 

I haven't done much research yet on the prospects so I can't really question any of the players other than possibly Ruiz (unless we trade Price). I like the value with Victor in the 6th. Before the season people in OSU's locker room were saying he's uber-talented and compared him to AJ Green when he's playing at his best. The problem I've heard is getting consistent effort out of him, plus he seems to 'alligator-arm' it at times. 

With Coach Lou's comments about needing help in the draft at all 3 position groups, I think we'll see more of a focus on defense in rounds 2-4.  
Reply/Quote
LOVE the first four picks! You are aware of a lot more players than I. I especially like the 2 third rounders.

If Ruiz looks that good maybe he'll be there at 38? Just replacing some of the cadavers we rolled out on the O-line this year with talent, strength and intensity is exciting. Shoring up the interior to get push in the running game and giving Burrow a solid interior pocket is a high priority.

Love the sound of Wallace and Marino too.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
I showed a friend my mock this morning and he told me Daniel Jeremiah had Ruiz ranked #34 on his top 50 the second IOL behind Tristan Wirfs who he has listed as a Guard....He beat me by like a week the bastard.

Edit: And now I see Lance Zierlien has Ruiz going #23AO to thr Patriots in his Mock released today lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I also thought your trades were very feasible. I'd also like to see Kyle Dugger go in the one of the 3rd round picks. And I liked Ruiz's teammate Ben Bredeson.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2020, 11:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals win the QB Lottery.

Overall, I'd be happy if things fell this way depending on who was still on the board at #33.

I will say I see Davis-Gaither as more of a STAR than a true WLB.  That's not to say I wouldn't draft him, but he simply won't survive as a 3 down LB in the NFL playing under 220.  He can potentially bulk up, but the concern whenever a guy who has to chase and run has to significantly bulk up is that they will lose speed and CoD ability.  I think if you take him, you need to add another guy somewhere that can fill that role to avoid having to scrap a big chunk of your defensive playbook if he gets hurt.

Brown is a guy I can see shooting into Day 2 consideration if he has a good combine due to the weak LB class.  

The last two picks are really the only ones I don't particularly care for.  Victor is a guy with a low ceiling that has never been tremendously productive in college.  I think the 6th is about where he would go in a typical WR class.  In this year's class, I think there will be better in that spot.  Marino I would pass on strictly due to age and on field shenanigans.  
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 09:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Overall, I'd be happy if things fell this way depending on who was still on the board at #33.

I will say I see Davis-Gaither as more of a STAR than a true WLB.  That's not to say I wouldn't draft him, but he simply won't survive as a 3 down LB in the NFL playing under 220.  He can potentially bulk up, but the concern whenever a guy who has to chase and run has to significantly bulk up is that they will lose speed and CoD ability.  I think if you take him, you need to add another guy somewhere that can fill that role to avoid having to scrap a big chunk of your defensive playbook if he gets hurt.

Brown is a guy I can see shooting into Day 2 consideration if he has a good combine due to the weak LB class.  

The last two picks are really the only ones I don't particularly care for.  Victor is a guy with a low ceiling that has never been tremendously productive in college.  I think the 6th is about where he would go in a typical WR class.  In this year's class, I think there will be better in that spot.  Marino I would pass on strictly due to age and on field shenanigans.  

In regards to what u say about ADG.... telvin Smith would like to have a word with you. Although he’s retired now when he played he was a force to be reckoned with soooooooo
Reply/Quote
Guess I could say that Ruiz won't be there but you already said it Synric lol

That is all I got, love this Mock. Nothing to complain about it takes care of the OL, LB and we get the best QB all the while
adding weapons for the guy. If you wouldn't mind it would be cool to see this Mock with FA too to evaluate everything as a
whole....

Great job. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 10:49 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: In regards to what u say about ADG.... telvin Smith would like to have a word with you. Although he’s retired now when he played he was a force to be reckoned with soooooooo

Telvin Smith retired after only 5 years in the league.  I don't think he's really a guy you should name drop when someone is talking about undersized LB's surviving in the NFL.

This is also a division where your LB's have to face Nick Chubb, Mark Ingram, and James Connor twice a year.  

I don't dislike him as a prospect, but I don't see him as a full time WLB unless he can bulk up without losing his athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 11:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Telvin Smith retired after only 5 years in the league.  I don't think he's really a guy you should name drop when someone is talking about undersized LB's surviving in the NFL.

This is also a division where your LB's have to face Nick Chubb, Mark Ingram, and James Connor twice a year.  

I don't dislike him as a prospect, but I don't see him as a full time WLB unless he can bulk up without losing his athleticism.

So what was Pratt playing later in the year when he improved? I didn't get to watch the last 4 or so games?

Figured Pratt would be a natural at any of the LB positions which is why I wanted him before we drafted him. Versatile.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 11:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Telvin Smith retired after only 5 years in the league.  I don't think he's really a guy you should name drop when someone is talking about undersized LB's surviving in the NFL.

Ur pretty far removed from knowing anything about telvin Smith. I’m here in Jacksonville unfortunately and telvin smith didn’t retire because he couldn’t survive and was to undersized his issue was drugs and mental illness. Telvin was the thumper and leader of that defense 2/3 years ago that went to the afc championship against the patriots. He was a much better linebacker and smaller linebacker than Myles Jack that has the size u think is required to play linebacker. Your wrong. Just cuz adg is 6’2 218 doesn’t mean he can’t play and last at the position. Not at all.
Reply/Quote
Believe Pratt was playing MLB, but I can't confirm that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:54 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ur pretty far removed from knowing anything about telvin Smith.  I’m here in Jacksonville unfortunately and telvin smith didn’t retire  because he couldn’t  survive and was to undersized his issue was drugs and mental illness.  Telvin was the thumper and leader of that defense 2/3 years ago that went to the afc championship against the patriots.  He was a much better linebacker and smaller linebacker than Myles Jack that has the size u think is required to play linebacker.  Your wrong.  Just cuz adg is 6’2 218 doesn’t mean he can’t play and last at the position.  Not at all.

Hate to tell you this, but guys who deal with severe chronic pain also tend to have drug issues.

Aside from that, you can always find one or two exceptions to every rule.  If you look back at the draft history of sub 220 LB's, you're going to find way more misses than hits.  And if anyone thought Davis-Gaither was a Telvin Smith type player, he'd be solidly in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 09:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Overall, I'd be happy if things fell this way depending on who was still on the board at #33.

Depending on offensive formation ADG would play both OLB spots WLB and SAM/STAR. WILL in base 43, SAM/STAR in a nickle, and even MIKE in a dime. He is a guy that will be moved around to create matchups. I get the weight thing but he is a linebacker that is physical against the run in the box which is one of his best traits. I'm know nothing about Kinesiology but I have to believe since ADG came into college very small and added weight every year he will be able to add muscle to the right areas and even improve his athleticism.

Cam Brown I have a low 4th high 5th round grade on just for his athletic ability but he is that low because his play on the field. It might be a weak linebacker class but there are a few linebackers that aren't as athletic but more along in their development that will jump him. Example the Miami Linebackers Quarterman and Pinckney.

It might be a deep WR class but that also means alot more will be drafted earlier and Victor is a smooth athlete that can create separation. If he develops his releases he can turn into a solid receiver. 

Garrett Marino is a good 3T. You are right he will be older and has issues with penalties but you are locking down the service of a good interior penetrating tackle for at least 4 years in the 7th round. He can add a little depth behind Geno for a couple years while they find a replacement.

I went into the draft wanting to add playmaker outside numbers on offense and inside the numbers on defense while building on a weak offensive line. It wasn't about filling all the holes but bringing in guys that I can build around.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 11:17 AM)Whatever Wrote: Hate to tell you this, but guys who deal with severe chronic pain also tend to have drug issues.

Aside from that, you can always find one or two exceptions to every rule.  If you look back at the draft history of sub 220 LB's, you're going to find way more misses than hits.  And if anyone thought Davis-Gaither was a Telvin Smith type player, he'd be solidly in the 1st round.

Played football my whole life, Played College football all the way up until my groin said no more and never once used the drugs associated with telvin. We are all in pain bro but not all of us have a drug problem in fact most don’t when most if not all are in pain.

ADG is a telvin smith type player ‘pre draft’. Telvin Smith was a 5th round draft pick almost solely cuz of his size and scouts were suspect if he could play in the nfl and that was regardless of how productive of a linebacker he was In his 1 year starting at FSU. And because teams were scared of his size he fell to the 5th and Jacksonville nabbed a steal. With the way the league is going Pass heavy why shouldn’t we get a firey type fly around sideline to sideline tackler. This defense needs more athleticism, speed and attitude and he brings all that.

People get caught up with specs and combine numbers etc wayyyyyyyyy too much when imo 9 out of 10 times just watch the tape and see what that tells u. regardless of ADG size the guy can play linebacker well and the tape on him will show u that. I think that if we like what we see from him on tape draft him. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:54 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Ur pretty far removed from knowing anything about telvin Smith.  I’m here in Jacksonville unfortunately and telvin smith didn’t retire  because he couldn’t  survive and was to undersized his issue was drugs and mental illness.  Telvin was the thumper and leader of that defense 2/3 years ago that went to the afc championship against the patriots.  He was a much better linebacker and smaller linebacker than Myles Jack that has the size u think is required to play linebacker.  Your wrong.  Just cuz adg is 6’2 218 doesn’t mean he can’t play and last at the position.  Not at all.

This isn't accurate information at all but from what I understand Telvin retired because of Concussions.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 11:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Believe Pratt was playing MLB, but I can't confirm that.

Thanks Truck for the response. Thought Pratt could play WILL, MIKE or SAM which is why I wanted him so bad.

Versatility.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: This isn't accurate information at all but from what I understand Telvin retired because of Concussions.

Negative. that may be what the mainstream media is putting out there but sources close to telvin and people out here in the Jacksonville area say something completely different. Hell His house was just raided 2 months ago and they found massive amounts of drugs and they towed his car away for further investigation as he is a possible suspect in criminal activity. Also he didn’t retire because of concussions he retired because of personal reasons. If it was concussions he would’ve just came out and said that but he didn’t. He said he needs to take time away from the game and get his life straight. That says in no way concussions lol He’s also not ruling out a return either just not right now.... which also tells you it’s not concussions. Also it’s been said from people close to Him that he is down to about 186 lbs. again y’all a far removed from what’s actually going on with telvin.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 02:21 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Played football my whole life, Played College football all the way up until my groin said no more and never once used the drugs associated with telvin. We are all in pain bro but not all of us have a drug problem in fact most don’t when most if not all are in pain.

ADG is a telvin smith type player ‘pre draft’. Telvin Smith was a 5th round draft pick almost solely cuz of his size and scouts were suspect if he could play in the nfl and that was regardless of how productive of a linebacker he was In his 1 year starting at FSU.  And because teams were scared of his size he fell to the 5th and Jacksonville nabbed a steal. With the way the league is going Pass heavy why shouldn’t we get a firey type fly around sideline to sideline tackler.  This defense needs more athleticism, speed and attitude and he brings all that.

People get caught up with specs and combine numbers etc wayyyyyyyyy too much when imo 9 out of 10 times just watch the tape and see what that tells u.  regardless of ADG size the guy can play linebacker well and the tape on him will show u that.  I think that if we like what we see from him on tape draft him.  Just my opinion.

(01-30-2020, 05:44 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Negative.  that may be what the mainstream media is putting out there but sources close to telvin and people out here in the Jacksonville area say something completely different.  Hell His house was just raided 2 months ago and they found massive amounts of drugs and they towed his car away for further investigation  as he is a possible suspect in criminal activity.  Also he didn’t retire because of concussions he retired because of personal reasons.  If it was concussions he would’ve just came out and said that but he didn’t.  He said he needs to take time away from the game and get his life straight.  That says in no way concussions lol He’s also not ruling out a return either just not right now.... which also tells you it’s not concussions.  Also it’s been said from people close to Him that he is down to about 186 lbs.  again y’all a far removed from what’s actually going on with telvin.

Weed is now a trendy alternative to opiates for pain relief. Most of us don't have the nagging injuries that an NFL player deals with, either.

You can't just "trust the tape" on small school prospects.  How many future NFL starters do you think Davis-Gaither competed with in the Sun Belt conference?  How many guys did he compete against that could even earn a PS spot?  Any draftable player from a small school like that is going to look like a man amongst boys on most of their tape.  

The NFL is cyclical.  Last year, the Patriots won the Super Bowl by lining up in I-formation with a true FB and pounding teams that came at them with undersized defensive packages.  Again, I'm not against drafting Davis-Gaither, but I see him as more of a package player than a full time WLB.

Smith himself cited health issues as part of the reason for his retirement and has self-reported concussion symptoms in the past.  Running a drug ring doesn't really neccessitate retirement, either.  Lots of ex-athletes that have issues with pain immediately try to cut weight to ease the strain on their bodies.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 09:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Weed is now a trendy alternative to opiates for pain relief. Most of us don't have the nagging injuries that an NFL player deals with, either.

You can't just "trust the tape" on small school prospects.  How many future NFL starters do you think Davis-Gaither competed with in the Sun Belt conference?  How many guys did he compete against that could even earn a PS spot?  Any draftable player from a small school like that is going to look like a man amongst boys on most of their tape.  

The NFL is cyclical.  Last year, the Patriots won the Super Bowl by lining up in I-formation with a true FB and pounding teams that came at them with undersized defensive packages.  Again, I'm not against drafting Davis-Gaither, but I see him as more of a package player than a full time WLB.

Smith himself cited health issues as part of the reason for his retirement and has self-reported concussion symptoms in the past.  Running a drug ring doesn't really neccessitate retirement, either.  Lots of ex-athletes that have issues with pain immediately try to cut weight to ease the strain on their bodies.

Smith made it clear that he need to take this time get his life right and also some health concerns. Concussions are a huge deal in the nfl if he retired cuz of concussions he would’ve said that but he never did. People need to stop playing dumb. If ADG is there draft him we have drafted plenty of linebackers that are the right size u talk about and they bloooooow and regardless of where a guy plays big school small school I will always trust the tape and what they do on the field instead of what they do in shorts and a t shirt in Indy.
Reply/Quote