Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box..QB Lottery)
(01-28-2020, 11:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals win the QB Lottery.

First the Patriots give the Bengals pick #87 for Andy Dalton... Then the Panthers trade up to #33 just ahead of the Colts for Jordan Love giving the Bengals #38 and #69. Also after losing Bryan Bulaga in free agency the Packers in win now mode give up their very late 5th rounder (#158) for Cordy Glenn.

1. Joe Burrow, QB LSU: ....Duh

2 (#38). Denzel Mims, WR Baylor: The time of mocking Mims in the 5th and 6th round is over. At the Senior Bowl he boosted his draft stock more than any player of the week. Mims is an explosive athlete with great size/length, great hands, great body control, and a huge catch radius. One of my favorite traits about Mims is he has very heavy hands as a blocker he consistently knocks back corners with his punch lol.

3 (#65). Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan: Let me start by saying Ruiz will not be here... he is the best Center in this draft class. He does everything a center is asked to do at a high level. Ruiz can drive NT off the line, he can reach block, he can down block, he can combo disengage and get to the second level, he can block in space, he can pull. He is best pass blocking Center and one of the best pass blockers of all IOL. He allowed 8 pressures on the season and went six games without giving up a preasure. He also showed versatility starting at RG as a true freshman... did I mention he is only 20? Ruiz will be a late riser possibly into the 1st round.

3 (#69). Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB ASU: ADG showcased at the Senior Bowl that he can compete at with the best. He was everywhere doing everything. Good Chance he will be here because he has zero position versatility. He fits in Cincy and would be a great pairing with Germaine Pratt.

3 (#87). Matthew Peart, OT UConn: Peart is another Senior Bowl climber he showed great fundamentals and smooth feet. He has the frame and length to be a successful NFL Tackle. When we hear that he is a developmental guy its his body.. He needs to add strength to his lower body for anchor and leg drive.

4 (#97). K'von Wallace, S Clemson: K'von Wallace reminds me of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Rover safety you can play near the line, overhang, in man or zone coverage with a TE or a WR He would be an excellent pairing with a center field safety like Jessie Bates.

5 (#129). Cameron Brown, LB Penn State: Brown is huge at 6'5 233 34 inch arms add in he is an explosive athlete and he shrinks throwing windows but he is very raw. Over aggressive is an understatement I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker run himself out of so many plays like Brown.

5 (#158). AJ Green, CB Oklahoma State: Green is an experience corner doing everything but prefers to press. He reminds me of Dre Kirkpatrick in that he is solid in coverage but when asked to set the edge against the run or tackle in space he struggles.

6 (#161). Benjimen Victor, WR Ohio State: Victor is a tall smooth athlete but has zero burst to his game. He is a long strider that needs build up speed but he has great body control and can go up and grab a football. In a strong WR class he slides.

7 (#193). Garrett Marino, DT UAB: I hate that I wasnt able to add a Defensive Linemen earlier but Marino is a solid penetrating 3 tech. I first noticed him at the East West Shrine Bowl and had to check out some games. Marino wins every and any way he can with a very fast first step, great leverage, power with heavy hands, and pure meanness. Issues are he will be 26 as a rookie and has a on field Burfict attitude drawing lots of personal fouls.

Edit: Sorry Mods Wrong spot.

I do think it is time to fess up. If I am correct, you are getting draft info from multiple sites or one. There is nothing wrong with that, but be transparent where the info comes from as your detailed analysis on these players is very detailed. 

As far as the trade draft scenarios by you and others, they are a reach in most cases as we have no idea right now. I hope AD is traded and we get a 3rd round and have no issue with us moving 5 spots in round 2 to get an extra pick in round 3.

I do love your research, if I am wrong my apologies on where you get the research. But if correct, I suggest you add those who contributed to your research at the bottom of your page so we can vet them. If not, it appears all if these player analysis come directly from you and that is a lot of players to watch and evaluate in college.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I do think it is time to fess up. If I am correct, you are getting draft info from multiple sites or one. There is nothing wrong with that, but be transparent where the info comes from as your detailed analysis on these players is very detailed. 

As far as the trade draft scenarios by you and others, they are a reach in most cases as we have no idea right now. I hope AD is traded and we get a 3rd round and have no issue with us moving 5 spots in round 2 to get an extra pick in round 3.

I do love your research, if I am wrong my apologies on where you get the research. But if correct, I suggest you add those who contributed to your research at the bottom of your page so we can vet them. If not, it appears all if these player analysis come directly from you and that is a lot of players to watch and evaluate in college.

Sources so many to list from sites like TheDraftNetwork and PFF to multiple podcasts like Draft Dudes and Locked on Draft. Let's see Emry Hunt FBGP and Voch Lambardi do some excellent YouTube things. 

But I also watch a ALOT of football. I have two DVRs that are full of College games and I record even more on my desktop and laptop. I mostly record SEC and BigTen but I also get power houses like Clemson Oklahoma Oregon that recruit top talent. I write names down while watching to check out later. 

I'm a contractor so during the winter months I don't work as much and there is very little farm work. I also don't follow any other sports. I coach PeeWee (Didn't get to this year because my grandfather was ill and just passed away a couple weeks ago.)

All in all The Draft Season is one of my favorite things about football... Its probably my biggest hobby out of many. I hope that answer your questions lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2020, 03:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Sources so many to list from sites like TheDraftNetwork and PFF to multiple podcasts like Draft Dudes and Locked on Draft. Let's see Emry Hunt FBGP and Voch Lambardi do some excellent YouTube things. 

But I also watch a ALOT of football. I have two DVRs that are full of College games and I record even more on my desktop and laptop. I mostly record SEC and BigTen but I also get power houses like Clemson Oklahoma Oregon that recruit top talent. I write names down while watching to check out later. 

I'm a contractor so during the winter months I don't work as much and there is very little farm work. I also don't follow any other sports. I coach PeeWee (Didn't get to this year because my grandfather was ill and just passed away a couple weeks ago.)

All in all The Draft Season is one of my favorite things about football... Its probably my biggest hobby out of many. I hope that answer your questions lol.

I was kind of wondering how you know so much as well Synric. Thanks for the info BTW.

Sorry about your Grandfather.
Reply/Quote