Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Out of the Box)
I like to do an out of the box mock draft every year this year it's a trade out of the top 10. The 49ers trade their 2021 12th, 43rd, 156 and a 2022 3rd for the Bengals #5 overall to take a QB.

Release:
Geno Atkins
BJ Finney
Bobby Hart

Resign:
Carl Lawson 3 year 42m (14m per year)
Brandon Wilson 2 year 5m (2.5m per year)
Quinton Spain 2 year 10m (5m per year)

Free Agent:
Daryl Williams 4 year 48m (12m per year)
Matt Feiler 1 year 6m

Starting Offensive line of Jonah Williams - Matt Feiler - Billy Price/Trey Hopkins - Quinton Spain - Daryl Williams...

2021 NFL Draft:
1 (12). Jaelan Phillips, DE/OLB Miami
[Image: 1189825044.jpg.0.jpg]

Phillips is a scheme versatile edge defender that can be used in a multi front hybrid defense as a 43 end, 34 OLB, 34 5 tech. He is a an explosive pass rusher with speed, size, length, and bend. He is starting to get talks as the best edge defender in the draft class.

2 (38). Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa
[Image: 20201031_IOWA_FOOTBALL_VS_NORTHWESTERN_S...6x1239.jpg]

Nixon was the Big 10 defensive player of the year and was consistently in opposing teams backfield. He has the size, strength, and length to 2 gap and a great first step to penetrate in a single gap. He is athletic enough to move across the interior line.

2 (43). Jackson Carman, OG/OT Clemson
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Frubbingtherock.com%2Fwp-co...0x560.jpeg]

Even with the signings of Williams and Feiler doesnt mean ignore the offensive line. The depth on the line is very bad. The Bengals had around a dozen different line combinations in 2020 due to injuries and bad play. Carman brings versatility to play Tackle or Guard and be that first guy off the bench in his rookie year. He has the size, athleticism, and tenacity to steal a starting spot in year two.... He's also from the Greater Cincy area.

3 (69). Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB Syracuse
[Image: Melifonwu_Ifeatu_Liberty2.jpg]

Melifonwu is a very long corner that plays physical against the pass and the run. At the point he is better in zone and off-man but the feet, length, and strength makes you believe he will be a solid starting corner in the NFL.

4 (102). Dyami Brown, WR North Carolina
[Image: 1173469146.jpg.0.jpg]

Brown has been the vertical receiver at North Carolina for 3 years and has back to back 1k seasons. He is smooth when breaking off his vertical routes to make the shorter catches and likes the contact over the middle. As a vertical threat he will be able to open up the underneath routes for Boyd and Uzomah.

5 (133). D'Ante Smith, OT East Carolina
[Image: SmithD_AnteODU18RGf.jpg]

Going to the offensive line yet again lol. Smith made an excellent showing at the Senior Bowl and put himself into that early day 3 radar as a developmental tackle. Great length and showed some power even at sub 300lbs. His pass sets and timing needs work.

5 (156). Divine Deablo, S/LB Virginia Tech
[Image: Deablo_D_20FB_li_DK_0256E.jpg]

Deablo has been solid at safety at VT for the last 3 years and showed some ball skills in his Senior season. At 6'3 227lbs he has that safety linebacker versatility that defensive coordinators are starting to look for as a matchup player.

6 (166). Thomas Graham Jr, CB Oregon
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fwiththefirstpick.com%2Fwp-...0x560.jpeg]

Graham is a hard prospect to profile because he isn't the freak athlete you usually are looking for at corner but all he does is make plays. I believe Graham ends up as a solid slot corner in the NFL

7 (197). Kellen Mond, QB Texas A&M
[Image: 5b88e116d9d9f.image.jpg?resize=500%2C750]

A team might find Mond intriguing and go higher but he is so inconsistent and has been throughout his career. It's something that shows up in the redzone. That said as a backup he brings you a chance to win games with his arm and feet and the versatility of the play designs you can use while hes in thr game.

7 (199). Desmond Fitzpatrick, WR Louisville
[Image: 1217625339-768x512.jpeg]

Fitzpatrick had an explosive Freshman year with Lamar Jackson and everyone thought he was going to develop into a top college prospect. With sketchy QB play Fitzpatrick never lived up to the billing. He is explosive, fast, with quick feet and solid hands. He needs to be more physical off the line against press at at the stem but he is 6'2 202 with room to put more on his frame.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the first Mock I have looked at yet this year Synric so I don't know a lot about the players outside of the first round.

This looks great though, love how you concentrated on the trenches. Melifonwu impressed me when I watched him last year.

Could be a steal in the 3rd.

I do wish we had a good pass catching TE in their somewhere but Taylor doesn't use the TE much anyways. Nice Mock man. Rock On
Reply/Quote
PHILLIPS- Dude worries me. He's already "retired" once.

NIXON- I love me some DN; but you might have to use your #15OA on him

FITZPATRICK- Getting him in the 7th would be great as I' predict he makes the 53
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like Brown at WR and Deablo Safety. I think he could be like Fulcher and play at STAR or even backer. I liked the FA signings. Realistic. I think they will need OL drafted because JW cannot stay healthy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I like this draft a lot. But who plays corner? We only have Waynes and Phillips and then a bunch of unknowns. Not much depth. I'd prefer we resign Alexander at a minimum.
Reply/Quote
Well done, Synric. If the Offseason/Draft turns out anything close to your model I would be absolutely ecstatic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the first Mock I have looked at yet this year Synric so I don't know a lot about the players outside of the first round.

This looks great though, love how you concentrated on the trenches. Melifonwu impressed me when I watched him last year.

Could be a steal in the 3rd.

I do wish we had a good pass catching TE in their somewhere but Taylor doesn't use the TE much anyways. Nice Mock man. Rock On

I would have liked to add a TE, a center, a Linebacker, another corner,  another defensive tackle but I only get so many picks.

(02-02-2021, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PHILLIPS- Dude worries me. He's already "retired" once.

NIXON- I love me some DN; but you might have to use your #15OA on him

FITZPATRICK- Getting him in the 7th would be great as I' predict he makes the 53

Daviyon Nixon is still in that top of the second round talks because he only has limited games as a starter. 

I always think all of my guys make the 53 lol. Dez Fitzpatrick has all the talent and solid QB play will help alot.

Jaelan Phillips medicals will need to check out but I'm hearing that his injuries were very poorly handled at UCLA. They rushed him back after a major wrist surgery and he played in constant pain then kept sending him out on the field with a concussion over about a months time. Phillips showed in Miami why he is one if not the best edge rusher in the class. He should have stayed in school because another season like 2020 and he would have been a top 10 pick without question. High possibility Jaelan Phillips will be a Raven in 2021 and Bengals fans do not want to see that.

(02-02-2021, 08:20 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I like this draft a lot. But who plays corner? We only have Waynes and Phillips and then a bunch of unknowns. Not much depth. I'd prefer we resign Alexander at a minimum.

Ideally they would look at veteran corners that will likely be cut because the salary cap drop someone like AJ Bouye but dont sleep on Ifeatu Melifonwu he has the makings of one of those guys you look back in 2 years and wonder how the hell he slid to the bottom of the second/top of the third.

(02-02-2021, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well done, Synric.  If the Offseason/Draft turns out anything close to your model I would be absolutely ecstatic.

Outside of the QB Football starts in the trenches and the Bengals have been neglecting top tier talent on both the offensive and defensive lines the last few years and it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

We can talk about Ja'Marr Chase, Davonte Smith, Kyle Pitts, Jaylen Waddle, Micah Parsons all we want but if they cannot upgrade both lines they will continue to be a losing franchise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote