Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Post Combine Full Off-season)
(03-07-2022, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been warming to the non-Linderbaum Centers.
The problem is there were a few guys who were projected to C but didn't really play it in college (like Parham).
And then you have some guys projected in the mid-rounds that have the desired and required athleticism but may not have the whole package (Lindstrom, Jurgens).

I didn't really look much into Jurgens before the Combine but I heard NFL Network talking about him.
He's bulked up to over 300 lbs (was 290) and has ideal IOL length.
I like his athleticism, and I hope the added bulk will mean being even better at the POA.

I get that. Parham is still my guy though he has the qualities to be a very successful center in a zone blocking offense.

I'm not a Alec Lindstrom fan he has had  the same issue his entire college career. He plays standing straight up. Jurgens had a great workout but I honestly dont know anymore about him than that. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also I know everyone is kinda over looking him but people should go check out Vederian Lowe.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 06:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I get that. Parham is still my guy though he has the qualities to be a very successful center in a zone blocking offense.

I'm not a Alec Lindstrom fan he has had  the same issue his entire college career. He plays standing straight up. Jurgens had a great workout but I honestly dont know anymore about him than that. 

The big pros and cons of Jurgens:
- Very athletic
- Good leverage
- Has that nasty demeanor you want
- Lacks power against bigger IDL (was playing at 290 lb)

The thought is with his added weight and putting up 25 reps on the bench at the Combine, he's getting closer to that necessary size and strength to help him compensate for his lack of power that existed in college.

Here's some from Chris Trapasso on Jurgens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 05:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Did a quick full off-season.

Release:
Trae Waynes
Trey Hopkins

Resign:
Jessie Bates (Tagged)
CJ Uzomah
BJ Hill
Larry Ogunjobi
Eli Apple

Free Agency:
Laken Tomlinson
Morgan Moses

Draft:
1. Derek Stingley CB, LSU
2. Dylan Parham C/G, Memphis
3. Jelani Woods TE, Virginia
4. Vederian Lowe T/G, Illinois
5. Dominique Robinson Edge, Miami (OH)
6. JT Woods S, Baylor
7. Kevin Austin WR, Notre Dame
7. Jack Coan QB, Notre Dame

Notes:
Usually we get to talk about the best qualities of the prospects but with my first round pick I get to talk about why he could be avaiable at #31. Derek Stingley was the best Corner in college football in 2019 while going up against alot of NFL talent on his way to a National Championship... but since then he has been injured. In 2020 Stingley came in heavy and wasnt even close to the same player. He actually looked very unmotivated making you question his maturity. Fact is LSU Defensive Backs Slide we see it all the time.

Dylan Parham and Vederian Lowe are my two Offensive Line prospects. Parham is experienced across the line at LG, RT, and RG but projects best at Center in the NFL. He is an explosive technically sound zone blocker that fits the Bengals. Vederian Lowe reminds me of D'Ante Smith last year. Perfect height and Length as an offensive linemen that allows him to play both at Guard and Tackle. Has smooth feet and is a more polished run blocker than pass protector. Like Smith Lowe is also very wild with his technique and will need to continue to develop but he is a very mature person with alot of starts under his belt at Illinois. Both Parham and Lowe were team captains.

Jelani Woods is an ascending TE prospect with exceptional size and length but shows some speed and athletic ability at the Combine. He started out as a straight blocking TE at Oklahoma State but since transferring to Virginia he proved he can get it done as a receiver as well using that big body to wall off defenders.

If you built and edge rusher in a lab it would look like Dominique Robinson. He's only been on the edge since 2019 and was a WR before that so understandably he is very raw.

JT Woods and Kevin Austin at this point are both special teams prospects with alot of talent but not ready to play at their respective positions. Both are gifted athletes but need time to develop.

Jack Coan is an game manager I hope develops into a solid back up QB. He's not going to wow you with his athletic ability but is smart and accurate.

I like a lot of this overall.  Tomlinson and Moses would be good FA OL adds.  Stingley would be a dream scenario.  Like Parham and Robinson.

I'm not really a fan of resigning CJ for what we would have to presume would be at least a 3 year deal and then spending a 3rd on Woods.  It would make more sense to me to sign a vet like Gronk or Ertz on a one year deal and upgrade the position in the short term if we're taking a TE that high.

I like Parham, but history shows us that C's that can come in and immediately be quality starters don't last until pick 63.  They go in round 1.  There's also a huge jump in competition coming from the AAC to the NFL.  I would keep Hopkins at least as competition for both Parham and Carman.  I also think some are overselling the C class.  The consensus #1 C has size, arm length, and anchor issues and we're thinking Day 2 are immediate starters?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 08:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not really a fan of resigning CJ for what we would hav to presume would be at least a 3 year deal and then spending a 3rd on Woods.  It would make more sense to me to sign a vet like Gronk or Ertz on a one year deal and upgrade the position in the short term if we're taking a TE that high.

I would say CJ on a 3 year 18mil deal but easy outs after the first year. Woods would develop as a low end 3rd rounder and replace Drew Sample and compete with Uzomah in year 2.

Reply/Quote