Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Pre-Season)
I did a Pre-Season 5 Round Mock last year before the start of the season and I figure I'd make it an Annual thing.  Since most mocks for 2022 still have the Bengals picking top 10 I won't argue lol.

Round 1: Kyle Hamilton S, Notre Dame - This has nothing to do with Jessie Bates as I expect him to be in stripes for years. Hamilton would be the perfect combination for Bates at the other Safety spot. He's 6'4 220 can play the run like a linebacker and has the range to play single high if they decided to rotate Jessie Bates down to man up on a TE. 

Round 2: Darian Kinnard OL, Kentucky - It's funny everytime I watch Kentucky Offensive Line it always looks like they are trying to drive DL into the ground and Kinnard is no exception. Huge 340+ OT that could play IOL too. The Bengals will have 3 veterans that might not be on the roster after 2022 and its always smart to continue to add to the Offensive Line.

Round 3: Perrion Winfrey DT, Oklahoma - With both of Cincy's 3T Defensive Tackles only on a 1 year deal I expect them to add one in the 2022 draft. Winfrey is a gifted athlete who has alot of technical work to do. There's a possibility he could drive up his stock in the 2021 season and be a late first early second round pick.

Round 4: James Mitchell TE, Virginia Tech - Mitchell is a receiving TE to replace CJ Uzomah. He is a smooth athlete with great hands and excellent body control. Needs work blocking like most College TEs.

Round 5: Reggie Roberson WR, SMU - Roberson is a Ja'Marr Chase lite. Explosive downfield target with excellent hands and dangerous with the ball hands. Also for a guy his size is alot more physical then you would believe. He has dealt with injuries most of his college career which is the reason he didnt come out in the 2021 Draft.

I know some will point to needing a Corner but I believe if Lou Anarumo is still the DC they will add a veteran in Free Agency.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hamilton might be the best Safety prospect since Sean Taylor.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 01:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Hamilton might be the best Safety prospect since Sean Taylor.

Cincinnati would be such a perfect fit for Kyle Hamilton too.

Jessie Bates would allow him to use his versatility and not pigeonhole him into a certain role. Bates has only played with guys that could half fill the other safety spot Shawn Williams was a good cover 2/over hang guy but struggled closer to the Line of scrimmage he got and Vonn Bell is a good box safety but struggles further away from the line and not an great man cover safety.

Hamilton can do it all box, overhang, cover 2, single high. He has that huge wingspan that will shrink passing lanes. He has the ability to man up on the new age athletic receiving TEs like Kelce, Pitts, and Noah Fant. Bates and Hamilton could easily be the best safety tandem in the NFL for years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 03:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Cincinnati would be such a perfect fit for Kyle Hamilton too.

Jessie Bates would allow him to use his versatility and not pigeonhole him into a certain role. Bates has only played with guys that could half fill the other safety spot Shawn Williams was a good cover 2/over hang guy but struggled closer to the Line of scrimmage he got and Vonn Bell is a good box safety but struggles further away from the line and not an great man cover safety.

Hamilton can do it all box, overhang, cover 2, single high. He has that huge wingspan that will shrink passing lanes. He has the ability to man up on the new age athletic receiving TEs like Kelce, Pitts, and Noah Fant. Bates and Hamilton could easily be the best safety tandem in the NFL for years.

No doubt!
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 01:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Round 4: James Mitchell TE, Virginia Tech - Mitchell is a receiving TE to replace CJ Uzomah. He is a smooth athlete with great hands and excellent body control. Needs work blocking like most College TEs.

[Image: Backstage%2BTalk%2B2.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 01:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I did a Pre-Season 5 Round Mock last year before the start of the season and I figure I'd make it an Annual thing.  Since most mocks for 2022 still have the Bengals picking top 10 I won't argue lol.

Round 1: Kyle Hamilton S, Notre Dame - This has nothing to do with Jessie Bates as I expect him to be in stripes for years. Hamilton would be the perfect combination for Bates at the other Safety spot. He's 6'4 220 can play the run like a linebacker and has the range to play single high if they decided to rotate Jessie Bates down to man up on a TE. 

Round 2: Darian Kinnard OL, Kentucky - It's funny everytime I watch Kentucky Offensive Line it always looks like they are trying to drive DL into the ground and Kinnard is no exception. Huge 340+ OT that could play IOL too. The Bengals will have 3 veterans that might not be on the roster after 2022 and its always smart to continue to add to the Offensive Line.

Round 3: Perrion Winfrey DT, Oklahoma - With both of Cincy's 3T Defensive Tackles only on a 1 year deal I expect them to add one in the 2022 draft. Winfrey is a gifted athlete who has alot of technical work to do. There's a possibility he could drive up his stock in the 2021 season and be a late first early second round pick.

Round 4: James Mitchell TE, Virginia Tech - Mitchell is a receiving TE to replace CJ Uzomah. He is a smooth athlete with great hands and excellent body control. Needs work blocking like most College TEs.

Round 5: Reggie Roberson WR, SMU - Roberson is a Ja'Marr Chase lite. Explosive downfield target with excellent hands and dangerous with the ball hands. Also for a guy his size is alot more physical then you would believe. He has dealt with injuries most of his college career which is the reason he didnt come out in the 2021 Draft.

I know some will point to needing a Corner but I believe if Lou Anarumo is still the DC they will add a veteran in Free Agency.
Tiger
I'm a huge fan of Hamiltons game because its so versatile whether in the box or back half. That duo would be amazing. I know nothing about Mitchell so I'll be watching out for him. Vonn Bell also needs to have a solid year because hes up soon in 22 I believe. Nice early mock to start with!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:08 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
I'm a huge fan of Hamiltons game because its so versatile whether in the box or back half. That duo would be amazing. I know nothing about Mitchell so I'll be watching out for him. Vonn Bell also needs to have a solid year because hes up soon in 22 I believe. Nice early mock to start with!

North Carolina vs Virginia Tech tonight at 6pm EST on ESPN.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: [Image: Backstage%2BTalk%2B2.gif]

Shhhhh don't tell anyone I have an early third grade on him...but yea 4th Round!

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 04:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Shhhhh don't tell anyone I have an early third grade on him...but yea 4th Round!

lol I may be completely misinterpreting your reply, but the guy in the gif is James Mitchell, if you didn't know Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
James Mitchell lined up as the X Receiver North Carolina doubles and mugs him all the way to the endzone. Mitchell uncovers and just snags the ball out of the air. He went 3 for 36 and a TD on the night also solid run blocking.

Reply/Quote
I see your CB disclaimer but....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Evan Neal has my attention early this year. Not sure a RT is worthy of an early pick though. He has occasional issues with speed rushers, but his size..6'7, 350+ is an eye catcher.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 03:00 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Evan Neal has my attention early this year.  Not sure a RT is worthy of an early pick though.  He has occasional issues with speed rushers, but his size..6'7, 350+ is an eye catcher.

Neal is a guy but I like DeMarvin Leal DE/DT Texas A&M. 

There was an update while watching WVU vs Maryland (WVU looks bad) apparently Kayvon Thibodeaux is in street clothes and a boot on the sidelines in the Orgegon vs Fresno State game.

Reply/Quote
Kyle Hamilton and the Irish vs the Noles tonight at 7:30 est. I believe on a local network.

Reply/Quote
Tiger
Great look
Reply/Quote
Hamilton might go #1 overall!
J24

Reply/Quote