Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Pre-Season)
I've been sitting on this for a few weeks and figured first day of camp would be a good day to get the draft section a boost. So I have my way to early Pre-Season mock for 2023 NFL Draft. I want everyone to remember this is as early as it gets in the draft season so round projections are very fluid lol especially since I haven't done a very deep dive into these prospects yet.

RD1. Trenton Simpson 6'3 225 Linebacker Clemson - Simpson is that new age do it all linebacker. He is excellent in coverage, stout in the box, and a menace as a pass rusher/blitzer. He adds a new dimension as a versatile weapon to Captain Lou's defense. Simpson is just a natural off the ball linebacker with instincts to match.

RD2. AT Perry 6'4 212 Wide Receiver Wake Forest -  Perry is a dangerous vertical and redzone threat with 70 catches, almost 1300 yards, and 15! TDs in 2021. Unlike most bigger guys he explodes off the line blows by corners and has exceptional hands and body control. If he can work on sinking his hips and getting quicker out of breaks his Senior year I can see him rising into the 1st round.

RD3. Connor Galvin 6'6 310 Offensive Tackle Baylor - Galvin is a long time starter for Baylor and a solid pass protector. He kinda reminds you of Raimann and Mitchell from the 2022 draft.

RD4. Cameron Tatu 6'5 250 Tight End Alabama - As you would expect from an Alabama recruit Tatu has everything you want as an athlete but he switched from Defensive End to Tight End and is still developing. He plays Y and Big Slot and is solid with the ball in his hands however he does need more time with the jugs machine cuz he has his share of bobbles.

RD5. Richard Jibunor 6'3 235 Edge Troy - I know I know Troy?! Yes I wouldn't know this guy unless a friend mentioned him to me last year but wow he is a natural pass rusher. He started out at Auburn and as a Freshman with 53 snaps had 8 pressures 3 hurries 2 QB hits and 3 sacks... Since then he transferred to Troy and took over their Bandit position which is a hybrid LB/Edge. He would be a project to add weight and turn in to a stand up edge guy for the Bengals defense.

RD6. Dreshun Miller 6'1 195 Cornerback Auburn - Miller only has 1 year as a starter in 2020 for WVU where he was one of the best COVER corners in CFB. He is just a smooth mover with silky transitions but he is not physical more of a mirror corner better in Off-Man and Zone. He could really boost his draft stock with a great year in the SEC.

RD7. JT Daniels 6'3 210 Quarterback WVU - I like to finish off these early mocks with a late round QB and it just so happens that WVU pulled in JT Daniels after he left from Georgia. Daniels is a former 5 star recruit with all the talent at QB but injuries had derailed his development. Someone like Daniels learning from Joe Burrow could be make a potential profitable situation in trade value for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I've been sitting on this for a few weeks and figured first day of camp would be a good day to get the draft section a boost. So I have my way to early Pre-Season mock for 2023 NFL Draft. I want everyone to remember this is as early as it gets in the draft season so round projections are very fluid lol especially since I haven't done a very deep dive into these prospects yet.

RD1. Trenton Simpson 6'3 225 Linebacker Clemson - Simpson is that new age do it all linebacker. He is excellent in coverage, stout in the box, and a menace as a pass rusher/blitzer. He adds a new dimension as a versatile weapon to Captain Lou's defense. Simpson is just a natural off the ball linebacker with instincts to match.

RD2. AT Perry 6'4 212 Wide Receiver Wake Forest -  Perry is a dangerous vertical and redzone threat with 70 catches, almost 1300 yards, and 15! TDs in 2021. Unlike most bigger guys he explodes off the line blows by corners and has exceptional hands and body control. If he can work on sinking his hips and getting quicker out of breaks his Senior year I can see him rising into the 1st round.

RD3. Connor Galvin 6'6 310 Offensive Tackle Baylor - Galvin is a long time starter for Baylor and a solid pass protector. He kinda reminds you of Raimann and Mitchell from the 2022 draft.

RD4. Cameron Tatu 6'5 250 Tight End Alabama - As you would expect from an Alabama recruit Tatu has everything you want as an athlete but he switched from Defensive End to Tight End and is still developing. He plays Y and Big Slot and is solid with the ball in his hands however he does need more time with the jugs machine cuz he has his share of bobbles.

RD5. Richard Jibunor 6'3 235 Edge Troy - I know I know Troy?! Yes I wouldn't know this guy unless a friend mentioned him to me last year but wow he is a natural pass rusher. He started out at Auburn and as a Freshman with 53 snaps had 8 pressures 3 hurries 2 QB hits and 3 sacks... Since then he transferred to Troy and took over their Bandit position which is a hybrid LB/Edge. He would be a project to add weight and turn in to a stand up edge guy for the Bengals defense.

RD6. Dreshun Miller 6'1 195 Cornerback Auburn - Miller only has 1 year as a starter in 2020 for WVU where he was one of the best COVER corners in CFB. He is just a smooth mover with silky transitions but he is not physical more of a mirror corner better in Off-Man and Zone. He could really boost his draft stock with a great year in the SEC.

RD7. JT Daniels 6'3 210 Quarterback WVU - I like to finish off these early mocks with a late round QB and it just so happens that WVU pulled in JT Daniels after he left from Georgia. Daniels is a former 5 star recruit with all the talent at QB but injuries had derailed his development. Someone like Daniels learning from Joe Burrow could be make a potential profitable situation in trade value for the Bengals.

I consider you one of the best draft gurus here, so I definitely trust you on prospects.
And I agree, rounds are very fluid right now, so someone picked in Rd 4 today for example could end up (way) before or after Rd 4 by the time the college season and workouts happen.
With that said, what's your vision for TE and RB?
I'm assuming with Tatu that you'll have someone else as (stopgap) TE1 while Tatu develops?
And Mixon and Evans handling RB1 and RB2 duties again in 2023?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 05:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With that said, what's your vision for TE and RB?
I'm assuming with Tatu that you'll have someone else as (stopgap) TE1 while Tatu develops?
And Mixon and Evans handling RB1 and RB2 duties again in 2023?

Mixon is signed through 2024. I know its a large contract but Bengals honor their contracts most of the time especially if the player is still producing. As for TE I can see a stopgap type player there but I mostly wanted to highlight the draft prospect Cameron Tatu as a player to watch instead of focusing only on guys like Mayer and LaPorta. 

Mostly I wasn't trying to focus on the direction of the Bengals but trying to get some new prospect names out there for people to watch. Especially if you want to watch a couple games before the season starts. If you didn't do a deep dive on Zac Tom you probably haven't seen much AT Perry and hes worth the watch. Jibunor you have to pause games to spot him cuz he is literally lined up everywhere as the Bandit lol. Simpson would be such a great compliment for the defense just dont let Isaiah Simmons cloud your prospective. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote