Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Pre-Season 2023)
(08-23-2023, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: WKU is only about an hour away from my house.
I haven't ever cared to go see a college team play in any sport unless I went to that school, but maybe one day I will.
Saying that though, I might rather just stick purely local and see some SEC action at Vanderbilt lol.
Vandy's campus is super nice and the stadium isn't very large. Feels almost like a MAC school in terms of number of seats and aesthetic.

Don't blame yah, I would rather just stay home drinkin' brewskies that don't cost an arm and a leg while watching
the national games on Saturday. That is how I roll and I love it. Football is football and while I prefer to watch the 
NFL over college, college is great as well and doesn't have the obvious bias at times the NFL shows to certain teams.

(09-08-2023, 10:20 AM)Synric Wrote: WVU was matched up week one vs Penn State and they were terrible with a capital they suck lol... that said Zach Frazier was an absolute monster moving guys off the line AND turning them against a stacked Penn State Defensive Line. If he continues that kinda performance against guys like Corleone he will go alot higher than 4th round.

Was wondering what you thought of the Penn State beat down lol

Happy Frazier had a good game. Sounds like a good pick for us if he is around in the 2nd or 3rd.

(09-08-2023, 11:56 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Here's one write up on him, his 1st week.

- This was a good game, as he was disciplined in carrying out his assignments at the LOS and the 2nd level. He showed good hand usage and the ability to turn defenders off the away from the  ball. He wasn't dominant, but was solid in all aspects.

He is listed as the 3rd best center right now.  

Cool, thanks Goalpost.

(09-08-2023, 12:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree with the not dominate part. WVU only offense was A gap runs and Penn State was stacking the LoS because WVUs QB is so very bad (He threw 3 off target 5 yard slants lol).

Yeah, if you can run it while they are stacking the LOS you are pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I like to get a pre-season mock in every year to get some names out there for everyone.

1. Malachi Corley WR Western Kentucky - Corley is one of the best receivers in college football and not getting any talk. He is only 5'10.5 to 5'11 but he is around 210lbs. The Hilltoppers get Corley the ball anyway they can because he is the most dangerous receiver in college football with the ball in his hands. He is getting alot of comparison's to Deebo Samuel and if you watch him play you can see why. Western Kentucky will be in Columbus to face off against Ohio State on September 16.

2. Matt Goncalves OT Pittsburgh - Goncalves is a huge Right Tackle at 6'6 330lbs with a season an a half of starts under his belt with starts at both guard and tackle. Goncalves needs to get better feel for his hand timing but he has natural feel for cutting off pass rushers.

3. Dontay Corleone DT Cincinati - His name sounds like a gangster enforcer and that's how he plays on the field. Corleone is one of the best NT in college football but he is not just a mauling run stuffer he has nibble feet to work his way into inside gaps. 

4. Zach Frazier IOL WVU - Frazier is a longtime starter on a very bad WVU team. He doesn't get alot of national recognition but he is a guy that never misses his assignment and rarely gets penalized. One of the best Big12 matchups of the 2023 season will be Zach Frazier vs Dontay Corleone on Nov. 18th.

5. Roman Hemby RB Maryland - Hemby is a good all around RB. He has good size and quickness but not alot of pull away speed. Good vision and excellent hands as a receiver. 

Actually got to see Corley and Corleone play last week, Corley looks extremely dangerous. Want this guy after watching him play.

Corleone looks like a beast as well and the other DT on the Bearcats looks good too, Riggs I think is his name.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 01:36 PM)Synric Wrote: 1. Rome Odunze WR Washington
2. Amarius Mims OT Georgia
3. Luke Lachey TE Iowa
4. Nazir Stackhouse DT Georgia
5. Montrell Johnson RB Florida

Here is another one I had typed up if they didn't resign Tee this off-season. Good to get the names out there like Amarius Mims and Lachey. Stackhouse is probably the most dependable NT in college but he is an odd front gap filler.

Both Amarius Mims and Luke Lachey had ankle injuries shame because they had a good start to the season. Mims had the tightrope surgery and expects to be back in a few more weeks. He might show up enough in the CFB playoffs to make a case for the 1st round but I don't know. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote