Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Pre-Senior Bowl)
I haven't done a mock since November so before the Senior Bowl I wanted to get some more names out there.

1. JC Latham OT Alabama - I expect to make my way around all the RT in my mocks but Latham might be the best fit. Latham is a typical Alabama tackle at 6'6 360 and a huge wingspan. There is alot of elite level play from Latham but his foot speed can be challenged on the outside including having alot of false start penalties. At 360 he gets worn down late into games and will pay high loosing leverage and will get driven back. He played at 330lbs in 2022 and I would like to see him back down around that if he comes to Cincy.

2. Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington - Everyone expected Jalen McMillan to be the #2 guy in Washington and really rise up the draft boards this year but Polk surprised everyone with his excellent routes good long speed and physicality in his routes that the scouts in Cincy love. He is up and down as a run blocker but as a WR thats common he does show the motor though which is exactly what the Bengals need at WR.

3. Mar'Keise Irving RB Oregon - Bucky is the most natural RB in this draft class. He has the vision and instincts that just finds the smallest creases in a defense. When he has the ball defenders struggle getting hands on him because he is smooth in space. He's a smaller RB at 5'9 195 so he is not an every down back and doesn't have 4.3 long speed you see from small guys. He does come from Oregon that runs almost the exact same system as the Bengals so he is used to running in a gap scheme.

4. McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M - Jackson is a nose tackle with a little range. He has a good first step that allows him to either attack OL as the 0t or penetrate as the 1t. He is also good at controlling double teams and allowing the 3t 1 on 1 matchups which is what you want out of a good nose. He reminds me alot of Pat Sims.

5. Braden Fiske DT Florida State - The Kingpin is relentless he makes me tired just watching him. He has good explosiveness and fast hands that never stop. He doesn't have alot of length and even though he has a good first step he doesn't time the snap well.

5. Tykee Smith SCB Georgia - Smith is listed as a S but he plays slot corner. He was the best slot corner in college football for WVU in 2020. He transferred to Georgia then had a knee injury. Since then he has returned the the slot and played great there on the big stage. He is to small to play Safety in the box and doesn't have the range to play at the 3rd level but he has found a home in the slot.

6. Beaux Limmer IOL Arkansas - If Limmer had been draft eligble last year we would have been talking about him on day 2. Since then the two guys he was playing between when he was a RG went to the NFL. He since moved to C and the team struggle with injuries and young players replacing veterans on the OL. Limmer has a ton of athleticism for the IOL and a good frame. He needs a year in an NFL weight room. Position versatile with a high ceiling.  

7. Joe Milton QB Tenessee - Milton has all the tools to be a great QB but injuries have cost him experience and his lower body mechanics are terrible. If the Bengals can do for Milton what they did for Browning's fundamentals he could become at least a solid backup or a possible trade worthy QB. He is an older prospect though.

7. Michael Barrett LB Michigan - Barrett has been at Michigan a long time first playing special teams before earning Mike LB. He is a well coached instinctive linebacker that tackles well. He is small at 6'0 230ish and the testing will be average.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 06:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I haven't done a mock since November so before the Senior Bowl I wanted to get some more names out there.

1. JC Latham OT Alabama - I expect to make my way around all the RT in my mocks but Latham might be the best fit. Latham is a typical Alabama tackle at 6'6 360 and a huge wingspan. There is alot of elite level play from Latham but his foot speed can be challenged on the outside including having alot of false start penalties. At 360 he gets worn down late into games and will pay high loosing leverage and will get drove back. He played at 330lbs in 2022 and I would like to see him back down around that if he comes to Cincy.

2. Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington - Everyone expected Jalen McMillan to be the #2 guy in Washington and really rise up the draft boards this year but Polk surprised everyone with his excellent routes good long speed and physicality in his routes that the scouts in Cincy love. He is up and down as a run blocker but as a WR thats common he does show the motor though which is exactly what the Bengals need at WR.

3. Mar'Keise Irving RB Oregon - Bucky is the most natural RB in this draft class. He has the vision and instincts that just finds the smallest creases in a defense. When he has the ball defenders struggle to getting hads on him because he is smooth in space. He's a smaller RB at 5'9 195 so he is not an every down back and doesn't have 4.3 long speed you see from small guys. He does come from Oregon that runs almost the exact same system as the Bengals so he is used to running in a gap scheme.

4. McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M - Jackson is a nose tackle with a little range. He has a good first step that allows him to either attack OL as the 0t or penetrate as the 1t. He is also good at controlling double teams and allowing the 3t 1 on 1 matchups which is what you want out of a good nose. He reminds me alot of Pat Sims.

5. Braden Fiske DT Florida State - The Kingpin is relentless he makes me tired just watching him. He has good explosiveness and fast hands that never stop. He doesn't have alot of length and even though he has a good first step he doesn't time the snap well.

5. Tykee Smith SCB Georgia - Smith is listed as a S but he plays slot corner. He was the best slot corner in college football for WVU in 2020. He transferred to Georgia then had a knee injury. Since then he has returned the the slot and played great there on the big stage. He is to small to play Safety in the box and doesn't have the range to play at the 3rd level but he has found a home in the slot.

6. Beaux Limmer IOL Arkansas - If Limmer had been draft eligble last year we would have been talking about him on day 2. Since then the two guys he was playing between when he was a RG went to the NFL. He since moved to C and the team struggle with injuries and young players replacing veterans on the OL. Limmer has a ton of athleticism for the IOL and a good frame. He needs a year in an NFL weight room. Position versatile with a high ceiling.  

7. Joe Milton QB Tenessee - Milton has all the tools to be a great QB but injuries have cost him experience and his lower body mechanics are terrible. If the Bengals can do for Milton what they did for Browning's fundamentals he could become at least a solid backup or a possible trade worthy QB. He is an older prospect though.

7. Michael Barrett LB Michigan - Barrett has been at Michigan a long time first playing special teams before earning Mike LB. He is a well coached instinctive linebacker that tackles well. He is small at 6'0 230ish and the testing will be average.

Love it!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I like Polk. If we can get him @2. I'm all for it.

Not a fan of Latham. As you say, maybe I would if he got "down to" 330ish, but right now he can't move.

Jackson fits a need
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I was thinking Latham when the season ended but now I hope they go with one of the other guys.
Alabama O line man have not panned out for the most part.
I just hope they take a RT and that he’s ready to go. Don’t want an injured guy (like Ced O was) or any other baggage that you know would be an issue for the Bengals.
Unfortunately, they also need to try to find a guy who won’t need to be coached up.
Reply/Quote
Mckinnley Jackson is a unique prospect in that he has natural leverage at 6-1 but freakish long arms and wingspan near 7 ft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Polk. If we can get him @2. I'm all for it.

Not a fan of Latham. As you say, maybe I would if he got "down to" 330ish, but right now he can't move.

Jackson fits a need

(01-21-2024, 12:38 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I was thinking Latham when the season ended but now I hope they go with one of the other guys.
Alabama O line man have not panned out for the most part.
I just hope they take a RT and that he’s ready to go. Don’t want an injured guy (like Ced O was) or any other baggage that you know would be an issue for the Bengals.
Unfortunately, they also need to try to find a guy who won’t need to be coached up.

I feel like I did Latham a disservice. He fits the Bengals spread rpo offense with a ton alot of A/B gap runs. At his size you wouldn't expect him to be as explosive as he is out of his stance outstanding balance and hand timing bring consistency to his pass protection. Having Latham would make you feel alot better running for it on 3rd and 2 to the right with Karras, Cappa, and Sample.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 02:00 AM)J24 Wrote: Mckinnley Jackson is a unique prospect in that he has natural leverage at 6-1 but freakish long arms and wingspan near 7 ft.

Yea Jim Nagy has him verified at 6'1 5/8th 320lbs and projecting 33 3/4th inch arms. The lack height still shows up the futher he gets away from the A gap. He's also not a guy that does well against a lateral run game that moves the gaps.  He does have range to the 3t but that won't be his position unless against heavy packages.

Reply/Quote
Solid draft up and down. I feel like Polk will be a guy that more folks will be discussing come draft time. He looks like a good Higgins replacement with better speed.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: Solid draft up and down.  I feel like Polk will be a guy that more folks will be discussing come draft time.  He looks like a good Higgins replacement with better speed.

I'm thinking of a more versatile use for Polk like 60/40 slot/outside split with Ja'Marr Chase. A more versatile Tyler Boyd. 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm thinking of a more versatile use for Polk like 60/40 slot/outside split with Ja'Marr Chase. A more versatile Tyler Boyd. 

I can definitely see that, too.  I mainly love the kid because he has bear traps for hands, lol.
Reply/Quote
I see Polk and Irving and I am in. I love Washington's WR corps and I think Irving could be a valuable contributor in a rotation. Throughout college, he displayed an elite ability to generate extra yardage on his own and is a solid receiver. He won't offer much in terms of pass pro.
Reply/Quote