Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (Thanksgiving)
(11-25-2023, 02:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's why I say he's inconsistent.  Pancakes are great and all, but I'd rather have the guy that consistently gets to the second level and makes the block than the guy who puts a guy on the ground one rep and completely whiffs the next.  When he's going against NFL size, power, speed, and football IQ, those pancakes are going to be fewer and fewer and those whiffs are going to be more and more.  

Fuaga is a developmental prospect to me, and I don't see taking a guy that needs that much development at #11.  At #20, sure, no problem, though I'd want a stopgap RT added in FA.  

In the video it shows him consistently combo and climbing plus getting to the WLB on the second level from the backside. Also it shows him pulling and driving a guy out of bounds on a sweep. He does miss 2 second level blocks one the zone stretch where he doesn't get to the WLB and one on a broken screen late in the game where he splits rhe safeties (3 if you dont count his forearm block early but he had leverage and was looking for more work). He also misses a front side block on an inside zone. It also shows him terrorizing the Utah defensive line on boots and down blocks while pancaking more than a few guys. He also pitched a shutout in pass protection... There is a reason he is considered the best Run Blocking OT in College football.

Edit: Wanted to add getting to the WLB on the zone stretch from either tackle spot is tough. The LB is flowing away from the Tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2023, 02:08 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Just my thoughts on last nights game:

I thought Fuaga did fine. He didn’t make any incredible blocks but he did his job and was clearly Oregon States best lineman. He was solid in pass pro and most of the pressures and sacks came from elsewhere. The interior of Oregon States line really struggled and put everyone at a disadvantage.

JPJ was pretty good. There was one time he got beat by Mascardas (spelling?) on a spin move but it was really late in the play and had no impact. He was also a little wild at times, he went flying through the air on a Bo Nix scramble, I guess sometimes it’s hard to stop all that momentum lol. He had a very smart block on a pitch to the outside where he cut off a trailing defender without drawing a flag. Mostly when JPJ locked on to someone they were a non factor.

I still feel confident in both of these guys after last night’s game.

Like I mentioned I thought JPJ got his pads high a few times in pass pro and one resulted in him getting walked backwards. He had a really nice peal back block in space early in the game. Great vision to find the play while downfield spot the block behind him then get his body in position to make rhe block without drawing a flag.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 01:37 PM)Synric Wrote: I usually wait until after College Football Championship weekend to post my first mock of the year but being the way the season has gone figured I would go ahead and post this now as a way of showing Thanks.

Cut Joe Mixon
Tag Tee Higgins
Resign DJ Reader - 2 years 32m

Free Agency:
Devin Singletary - 3 years 13m - Singletary is one of the better pass blocking backs in the league. He would be a solid veteran presence in a rebuilding position group.

Hunter Henry - 2 year 11m - Veteran Consistency in a rebuilding position group.

Javon Kinlaw - 1 year 3.5m - Kinlaw has been injured and inconsistent but add a chance at an IDL pass rusher cheap.

Picking 11th in the  2024 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

1. Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State - An explosive bulldozer in the run game on nibble feet Fuaga is a scheme versatile run blocker. In pass protection he took a huge step forward this year and even nearly shut down UCLA's Laiatu Latu giving up only one pressure. Coach Pollack if you are reading this say it with me T-A-L-I-E-S-E  F-U-A-G-A.

2. TreVeyon Henderson RB Ohio State - Talent Talent Talent. Former top 10 recruit Henderson has all the tools fit any scheme you want. He has the body control and speed to challenge leverage in zone and short area quickness to make defenders miss in a phone booth. He is also not afraid to lower his shoulder. At this point minor injuries have limited his carries. His best football is ahead of him.

3. Tyleik Williams DL Ohio State - Another Ohio State prospect Williams is the most disruptive member of OSU's defensive line with the size and athleticism to play any position from the 0 to 4i. He has been a bit inconsistant in his first year as the starter but like Henderson his best football is ahead of him.

4. Jackson Powers-Johnson IOL Oregon - Former 4 star recruit JPJ has bounced all over Oregon's OL the last couple season's taking snaps at G, C, and RT. Although there have been alot of inconsistancies like you'd expect moving around so much he has been settling in at Center.

5. Kiran Amegadijie OT Yale - I know what your thinking "Syn you're full of **** you don't watch Ivy League Football" and you are 1000% right. Jim Nagy mentioned him as a guy early this year as their potential FCS climber into day 2. You can find some of his stuff and see why 6'5 320 36inch arms light on his feet and dominating the Ivy League. A midseason Quad injury will cost him his Senior Bowl appearance but mid day 3 for possible LT.

5. Brenden Rice WR USC - Yes Son of HoF Jerry Rice Brenden is his own player he has the size and speed to be special needs play with a little more physicality at the stem and catch point. WR room continues to add competition.

6. Theo Johnson TE Penn State - Johnson was supposed to be the dude at Penn State after Pat Freiermuth went to the NFL and it never materialized. An early minor injury in 2022 became the emergence of Brenton Strange and then Sean Clifford leaving making Drew Allar his QB and as OSU fans have seen Drew Allar is meh this year. Theo is very talented prospect that is a solid experienced blocker but also has the athleticism to develop into a really good receiving TE.

7. Zemaiah Vaughn CB Utah - Vaughn is a height weight speed zone corner with great length he is a little stiff in transitions but expected of a taller corner. Grabby Utah Corners are very Grabby.

7. Francisco Mauigoa LB Miami - Long light weight rangy LB for Miami. Mauigoa is an experienced special teamer.

Love bringing back DJ Reader, love the Fuaga pick. This guy is a mauler if I ever seen one, explosive and has insane power and plays
nasty like I like my O-lineman to play. Henderson would be a nice addition and with him and Singletary along with Fuaga that would 
be a great start on getting our running game on track. 

Let's add another OL coach instead of asking Pollack to say Fuaga's name. Let's bring in Sherrone Moore to say his name eh?

Really like the Tyleik Williams pick and really want Powers-Johnson.

I like it Synric, good job. Cool
Reply/Quote
Are you not entertained!?! lol was so bummed for JPJ that he didn’t get the big man touchdown in the PAC 12 championship last night. Loved his awareness and enthusiasm though. Thought he had another very strong performance overall. He’s definitely high on my wishlist.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2023, 10:20 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Are you not entertained!?! lol was so bummed for JPJ that he didn’t get the big man touchdown in the PAC 12 championship last night. Loved his awareness and enthusiasm though. Thought he had another very strong performance overall. He’s definitely high on my wishlist.

I was in a Bar so I only got to half watch the game I have it recorded though. I did get to see his TD line and half the bar was quoting Gladiator the rest of the night lol.

Reply/Quote