Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock Me (The Nightmare before Christmas)
(12-18-2021, 10:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not talking about Sauce, talking about how the ACC really has nobody, outside of (recently) NC State, Pitt and Clemson.

BC has had a good run of things recently, but they aren't great historically.

It's a weird conference, with a ton of past, "legendary," teams, but for the last 15 years or so, the teams in the conference have done nothing, outside of Clemson and none have even sniffed the playoff, outside of the Tigers and FSU (once).

The ironic thing is I think UC would have fit better in the ACC instead of going to the Big 12. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2021, 11:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The ironic thing is I think UC would have fit better in the ACC instead of going to the Big 12. 

I would have loved that, just to see them get back to playing against Louisville every year in the battle for the Keg of Nails. 

Of course it would have been a pain in the ass watching Clemson vs UC and having to pick a side.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gardner: I'll give you my thoughts on taking him in the 1st on 01 JAN 22

2nd-3rd: We've gone oline early quite a bit the last 4-5 years. I'd happily take either a 2nd or a 3rd, but not both

4th- Does he have any ability to stand up if needed

5th- Need lbs so why not this guy

6th-7th: Just looking for bodies at this point. Is it time to start looking at Huber's replacement in these late rounds?

I get the Level of competition arguement with Ahmad Gardner and I've used it myself with looking at other players. But all you can do is look at his tape and find maybe a solid matchup.  Cincinnati vs SMU featured a matchup of two players I really like Gardner vs Reggie Roberson Jr. (Also in my mock lol) Roberson is getting some 4th round talk and is a solid deep ball receiver. Ahmad Gardner shut down Roberson holding to 2 catches for 7 yards. What helps Gardner alot is he uses a variety of techniques and coverages it really shows his range... As for the Alabama vs Cincinnati game I believe the huge Bama Offensive line is going to steam role Cincys defensive line. Bama has Tight Ends the size of Cincy's defensive tackles lol.

I took 2 offensive linemen because I believe the Bengals are still in major rebuild mode on that offensive line. I just want alot of talent bodies in that room as possible.

Zion Tupuloa-Fetui can stand up or play with his hand down.

You'll never see me mock a Kicker or Punter because I know nothing about them lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: The last two weeks have been a Nightmare for Bengals fans. The Bengals have gone from a solid chance at the #1 Seed in the AFC to on the outside of the playoffs looking in with a tough schedule to finish the season. Currently the Bengals are projected to pick #17 in the first round the highest of the season so I thought it would be fun to get in a mock draft.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1: Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner CB, Cincinnati - Sauce is a very talented, long, Zone heavy corner that is also solidin man coverage. His size and length are a need and he's a scheme fit. Really his only negative is hes a pull down tackler and not a hitter.

Round 2: Nicholas Petit-Frere OT, Ohio State - Former 5 Star OT Recruit that has an up and down career for the Buckeyes right when everyone thought he would take that next step he was moved to Left Tackle and it continued his inconsistencies. Petit-Frere is scheme versatile with alot of athletic ability but also size length and power.

Round 3: Dohnovan West C/G, Arizona State - West may or may not come out. He's experienced at all 3 IOL positions but is likely Center2 in this draft class. He is scheme versatile with the athletic ability to play wide zone and the size and power to run inside zone or gap/power.

Round 4: Zion Tupuloa-Fetui Edge, Washington - If you were looking at Edge rushers in 2020 you may have seen this guys name at Washington. Tupuloa-Fetui had 7 sacks and 7 TFL in only 3 games. He blew out his achilles in April of 2021 and has only played a couple games this year.

Round 5: Quay Walker LB, Georgia - Athletic ability through the roof and has played a variety of positions stack linebacker, Slot Corner, Edge Defender. His instincts are stunted because of all the moves but can start out on special teams while learning.

Round 6: Reggie Roberson WR, SMU - Injured 2 years in a row before 2021 but has put up a ton of numbers on the outside for the Mustangs. He is very limited in his route tree but has a variety of releases outside. He will have to show he has speed.

Round 7: C.J. Verdell RB, Oregon - Flashes of greatness and then on the bench with injury may go higher but is risky.

Round 7: Britain Covey WR/PR/KR, Utah - One of the best returners in College football and a very good pure slot receiver. Problem is Covey is about 5 flat and 110 lbs (5'8 170) He is also old enough to collect social security.

Edit: Just realized how heavy Pac-12 I went lol. That's a first.

Couldn't go much better than this. Best Mock I have seen yet, well done Synric. Love the West, Walker and Covey picks. Cool
Reply/Quote
I’m not actually sure CB is an early need for us. I’d resign Apple and roll with Awuzie/Apple/Hilton then take one day 2/3. I would be praying Tyler Linderbaum falls to be in the 1st and start planning for life after Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’m not actually sure CB is an early need for us. I’d resign Apple and roll with Awuzie/Apple/Hilton then take one day 2/3. I would be praying Tyler Linderbaum falls to be in the 1st and start planning for life after Hopkins.

I think we're playing ourselves out of Linderbaum territory? If mocks are accurate, he's getting picked well before the Bengals turn.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think we're playing ourselves out of Linderbaum territory? If mocks are accurate, he's getting picked well before the Bengals turn.

Yeah, I saw this earlier

If it falls like that I’d probably want one of the top CB’s.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’m not actually sure CB is an early need for us. I’d resign Apple and roll with Awuzie/Apple/Hilton then take one day 2/3. I would be praying Tyler Linderbaum falls to be in the 1st and start planning for life after Hopkins.

At #17 I had Gardner as the BPA and a fit for Cincy Defense. I expected the Vikings to take Linderbaum earlier as they are hurting at Center and he fits them.

That's why I took a solid developmental center in Dohnovan West in the third round. A chance to sit behind Hopkins in his final year with a possiblity of play time at any of the 3 interior spots. I like West because he is position and scheme versatile.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
FWIW, I read that Gardner has been in island/man coverage more snaps than any corner in D1 football. 330-ish snaps, IIRC.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 08:37 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, I read that Gardner has been in island/man coverage more snaps than any corner in D1 football. 330-ish snaps, IIRC.

Sauce is good man, could be that next true shutdown Corner.
Reply/Quote

Would be cheaper to draft Sauce or one of the other corners and let Apple go I am sure but I wouldn't be against what you
say either but there is no way Linderbaum will be there when we pick from the way things are going. Wonder if there are any
playmaking TE's early in this Draft we could be looking at to add another dimension to our weapon room.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I saw this earlier

Agreed.

I think the safe bet is get your starting OL solidified in FA, then draft CB in Rd 1 and new OT to groom on Day 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sauce is good man, could be that next true shutdown Corner.

I know it's going to only be one game and not reflective of his all his abilities, but I want to see in the game against Alabama if Sauce can shut down the alpha guys. If Sauce has a bad game, he's still a top pick but if he excels it might move him up the draft boards.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I saw this earlier

Which was the whole point in taking Sewell when we had the chance. But that bird has flown, so I'll just say: 

If we were to loose out, we'd pick, at worst, 18th. If we make the POs, 19-24 if we lose in round 1, 25-28 if we win the first game.  

McShay mock: (2 weeks old): Gardner 15th, Linderbaum 16th (us, at 7-6), Ekwonu 21st, Penning 22nd, McCreary 23rd, Booth 26th, Green in Rd 2. 

Kiper board (3 weeks old): Lloyd 8th (LB), Ojabo 9th (Edge), Cross 10th (OT), Leal 11th (DT), Dean 12th (LB), Karlaftis 13th (DE), Linderbaum 14th ©, Gardner 16th (CB),  Ekwonu 18th (OL). No QBs in top 18, you know there will be a couple. 3 WR in top 18 (J. Williams, .G. Wilson, Dotson). Green not in top 25. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 05:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Which was the whole point in taking Sewell when we had the chance. But that bird has flown, so I'll just say: 

If we were to loose out, we'd pick, at worst, 18th. If we make the POs, 19-24 if we lose in round 1, 25-28 if we win the first game.  

McShay mock: (2 weeks old): Gardner 15th, Linderbaum 16th (us, at 7-6), Ekwonu 21st, Penning 22nd, McCreary 23rd, Booth 26th, Green in Rd 2. 

Kiper board (3 weeks old): Lloyd 8th (LB), Ojabo 9th (Edge), Cross 10th (OT), Leal 11th (DT), Dean 12th (LB), Karlaftis 13th (DE), Linderbaum 14th ©, Gardner 16th (CB),  Ekwonu 18th (OL). No QBs in top 18, you know there will be a couple. 3 WR in top 18 (J. Williams, .G. Wilson, Dotson). Green not in top 25. 

Yeah, how unfortunate that Chase helped make us too good! Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, how unfortunate that Chase helped make us too good! Rolleyes

Sewell who?
Reply/Quote