Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Mock my Trade (December)
First I want to say I want Tee Higgins in stripes for the long term with Burrow and Chase but he is the best trade commodity for the Bengals.

The Cincinnati Bengals are trading Tee Higgins to the Dallas Cowboys for pick #28. Bengals now own picks #27 and #28.

1a. Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama- The Bengals embrace the Running Back by committee and draft an offensive weapon in Jahmyr Gibbs. Gibbs is an explosive playmaker that has a chance of taking it to the house anytime he gets the ball in his hands. He can be used alot of different ways and is just another wrinkle added to an already dangerous offense.

1b. Devon Witherspoon CB Illinios - Witherspoon has been one of if not the best corner in college football in 2022. Witherspoon is a physical corner with good short area quickness. He is very good at getting his hand into the throwing window knocking balls away. He isn't the biggest corner at 6' 180 but he plays alot bigger in run support as a corner you can trust with outside contain.

2. Xavier Hutchinson WR Iowa State - Trading Tee Higgins the Bengals will need to replace him with a high floor wide receiver. Hutchinson is a good not great athlete but he is excellent off the line and at the stem. He is very good on the first 2 levels as a big posession receiver on the outside. 

3. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa - LaPorta kinda fell off the map because Iowa struggled this year but he was as consistent as always. Hayden Hurst and Sam LaPorta will make the Bengal 12 personnel as dangerous as their 11 personnel.

4. AT Perry WR Wake Forest - Perry had a down year compared to 2021 alot due to poor QB play. He is another big target at 6'5 205 with great hands and excellent body control. I'm doubling down on a Tee replacement in Hutchinson and Perry.

5. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas - Tall long rangy Linebacker at 6'4 225 if you built a linebacker in a lab it would look like Overshown. He's a day 3 prospect because even though he has alot of experience he is still a little slow to trigger downhill.

6. Zion Tupuola- Fetui Edge Washington - Zion blew up in 2020 during Covid but blew out his Achilles in 2021. He is still very raw but is a long explosive edge rusher. 

7. Tyler Van Dyke QB Miami - Van Dyke is the highly recruited QB for the U. He is a big QB with a bigger arm. It's his experience not talent that is lacking.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 12:04 PM)Synric Wrote: First I want to say I want Tee Higgins in stripes for the long term with Burrow and Chase but he is the best trade commodity for the Bengals.

The Cincinnati Bengals are trading Tee Higgins to the Dallas Cowboys for pick #28. Bengals now own picks #27 and #28.

1a. Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama- The Bengals embrace the Running Back by committee and draft an offensive weapon in Jahmyr Gibbs. Gibbs is an explosive playmaker that has a chance of taking it to the house anytime he gets the ball in his hands. He can be used alot of different ways and is just another wrinkle added to an already dangerous offense.

1b. Devon Witherspoon CB Illinios - Witherspoon has been one of if not the best corner in college football in 2022. Witherspoon is a physical corner with good short area quickness. He is very good at getting his hand into the throwing window knocking balls away. He isn't the biggest corner at 6' 180 but he plays alot bigger in run support as a corner you can trust with outside contain.

2. Xavier Hutchinson WR Iowa State - Trading Tee Higgins the Bengals will need to replace him with a high floor wide receiver. Hutchinson is a good not great athlete but he is excellent off the line and at the stem. He is very good on the first 2 levels as a big posession receiver on the outside. 

3. Sam LaPorta TE Iowa - LaPorta kinda fell off the map because Iowa struggled this year but he was as consistent as always. Hayden Hurst and Sam LaPorta will make the Bengal 12 personnel as dangerous as their 11 personnel.

4. AT Perry WR Wake Forest - Perry had a down year compared to 2021 alot due to poor QB play. He is another big target at 6'5 205 with great hands and excellent body control. I'm doubling down on a Tee replacement in Hutchinson and Perry.

5. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas - Tall long rangy Linebacker at 6'4 225 if you built a linebacker in a lab it would look like Overshown. He's a day 3 prospect because even though he has alot of experience he is still a little slow to trigger downhill.

6. Zion Tupuola- Fetui Edge Washington - Zion blew up in 2020 during Covid but blew out his Achilles in 2021. He is still very raw but is a long explosive edge rusher. 

7. Tyler Van Dyke QB Miami - Van Dyke is the highly recruited QB for the U. He is a big QB with a bigger arm. It's his experience not talent that is lacking.

Are picking Gibbs over Robinson or was Robinson gone in this scenario?

The idea of Overshown is giving me massive Jefferson flashbacks.
Reply/Quote
If I'm Dallas. I would make that trade easily. Very unlikely they could get a receiver at 28 comparable to Tee, who seems close to proven. Tee is also only 23.

Hence I think that Tee is worth more than just pick 28. For comparison, A J Brown cost the Eagles two picks. A better one at 18, along with a second one at 101. Tee is not A J Brown, but to me, he's worth more than just pick 28.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 08:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: If I'm Dallas. I would make that trade easily.  Very unlikely they could get a receiver at 28 comparable to Tee, who seems close to proven.  Tee is also only 23.

Hence I think that Tee is worth more than just pick 28.  For comparison, A J Brown cost the Eagles two picks.  A better one at 18, along with a second one at 101.  Tee is not A J Brown, but to me, he's worth more than just pick 28.

I always error on the side of less than more when trading in mock drafts. I want to keep it as realistic as possible. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 08:09 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Are picking Gibbs over Robinson or was Robinson gone in this scenario?

I expect Bijan Robinson to be the first RB off the board where and to who no clue lol. He is a true three down back and will go to a team expecting to lean on their running game. 

While I think Bijan is a overall better running back Jahmyr Gibbs is an offensive weapon. I like the fit for Gibbs in the Bengals shotgun RPO offense because Burrow is great at quickly reading his options post snap and gets the ball out to his RBs alot. Gibbs is an explosive weapon that has a shot to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I expect Bijan Robinson to be the first RB off the board where and to who no clue lol. He is a true three down back and will go to a team expecting to lean on their running game. 

While I think Bijan is a overall better running back Jahmyr Gibbs is an offensive weapon. I like the fit for Gibbs in the Bengals shotgun RPO offense because Burrow is great at quickly reading his options post snap and gets the ball out to his RBs alot. Gibbs is an explosive weapon that has a shot to take it to the house every time he touches the ball.

Fair enough. I haven't looked at Gibbs yet as I always thought he was a scat back type (admittedly haven't watched any of him so I will add it to the to-do list).

Would it be better to get Gibbs though instead of a different higher value position (OL, CBs, DL)? I thought I've read this draft is solid in RB depth outside of the top end talent (Robinson/Gibbs).
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I expect Bijan Robinson to be the first RB off the board where and to who no clue lol. He is a true three down back and will go to a team expecting to lean on their running game. 

Following back up on this after rewatching the UT Bama tape and all I can say is I'm impressed. I think I was more impressed by what I saw from Gibbs than Robinson. May have to consider this again when I make my next mock. Thanks for the insight.
Reply/Quote
I like Gibbs. His acceleration is impressive. Is he an every down back though. That's my only question.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 09:02 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I like Gibbs.  His acceleration is impressive.  Is he an every down back though.  That's my only question.

Gibbs needs to work on his pass protection like most college RBs but he can do it all. 

Jahmyr Gibbs' NFL comparison is Alvin Kamara. Kamara is a very good runner but it's all the other stuff an offense can do with Kamara that makes him special. Gibbs is similar he is a very good runner patient excellent vision explosive theough small holes but its work in space that makes him special.

Edit: I'm invisioning a 1 2 punch with Gibbs and Perine. That also allows the Bengals to cut Joe Mixon and use some of that saved money on guys like Pratt and Bell.

Reply/Quote
If you want to trade Higgins, you need to get a hell of a lot more than that. A late first rounder isn't going to cut it.

I don't see any reason to trade him this year.

I like where you went in the draft, but I wouldn't go RB in round 1 - especially with a major need at WR.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 05:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If you want to trade Higgins, you need to get a hell of a lot more than that.   A late first rounder isn't going to cut it.

I don't see any reason to trade him this year.  

I like where you went in the draft, but I wouldn't go RB in round 1 - especially with a major need at WR.

Exactly - need to get more for a number 1 receiver and that is what Higgins is.

But this trade is doubly good because another receiver isn't going to make Dak choke less.
Reply/Quote