Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synric's Try to mock my trade.
This is a good year for a trade back and the Bengals love to trade back (usually in the second round but #31 is close.)

The Cincinnati Bengals trade pick #31 in the First Round to the Seattle Seahawks for picks #40(2nd Round), #72(3rd Round), a 2023 6th round pick. The Seahawks are trading ahead the Detriot Lions to take QB Sam Howell.

The Bengals are on the clock:

Round 2 pick #40 (trade): Kyler Gordon CB Washington - In Daniel Jeremiah's latest top 50 Gordon is at #37. Gordon is twitchy and explosive in 2019 he did a work out and posted a sub 4 second shuttle and a 6.6 3cone. He also had great jumps at his pro day. Gordon is so fun to watch on tape just a smooth explosive athlete that is a perfect fit for Lou's zone defense. He is in a perfect spot to continue to develop behind Awuzie, Hilton, and Apple.

Round 2 pick #63: Jelani Woods TE Virginia - Few have helped their selves as much as Woods past year and process. Woods started out as a straight blocking TE-Y in Oklahoma State and wasnt on anyones radar but after transferring to Virginia is exploded onto the scene as a receiver and made people take notice. He came into the draft process at the East-West Shrine Bowl and showed some savvy smooth routes and a huge Redzone threat frame. Some might say #63 is to rich but I have a high 3rd round grade on Woods so 2 picks before the end of round 2 is barely a reach.

Round 3 pick #72 (trade): Nick Cross S Maryland - Cross is a thick build very fast safety that has played all over. Starting his career playing a ton of single high and cover 2 he came down and played some Box Safety and Linebacker in 2021. Hard hitting, Smart Safety depth and possible starter behind either Bates or Bell.

Round 3 pick #95: Luke Fortner C/G Kentucky - Fortner is technically IOL that has solid athleticism. He really impressed me at the Senior Bowl enough for me to go back and watch his tape. He has great vision and rarely makes mistakes. Fortner doesnt move people off the line but he is consistent and can play all 3 interior spots. Reminds me of the guy the Bengals just signed to play Center Ted Karras.

Round 4 pick #136: Thomas Booker DT Stanford - Booker is a squarely built DT with good burst of the snap. He is long enough and with his first step can get pressure into gaps. He needs alot of work on his run defense technique but he is a rotational interior pass with starter upside.

Round 5 pick #174: Vederian Lowe T/G Illinois - Lowe is one of my favorite prosects of the class and reminds me of D'Ante Smith from last year. He has the right height, length, and athleticism to play Tackle or Guard. He run blocks ALOT for Illinois and is a mauler but his pass protection technique is all over the place but when he gets his hands on you its over. Very Mature kid would be a great add to the locker room and depth at OL.

Round 6 pick #210: Kevin Austin WR Notre Dame - Raw but talented only really played in 2021 and it showed. Great size and testing numbers and experienced special teams

Round 7 pick #227: Leddie Brown RB WV - Brown has good initial explsovie step but no second gear. Down hill runner but with enough speed to beat guys around the edge. Excellent receiver. He had trouble finding holes in a bad offensive line in 2021 and looked uncertain.

Round 7 pick #253: Reggie Roberson WR SMU - Roberson fell off the board this year after tearing his ACL in 2020 and wasnt the same player in 2021. In 2020 he was one of the best vertical receivers in college football before his injury and started to show alot more savvy to his releases. Alot of injuries are probably going to knock him out of the draft but a late flyer for special teams and a chance to develop.

Notes:
- I really wanted Channing Tindall but opted for Nick Cross because of the contract situation of Bates and the inpending free agency of
 Vonn Bell.
- Last 3 picks I wanted to add to special teams while giving the WR core some developmental guys they have been missing.
- I wanted to do this mock as a trade back for Tre McBride but couldnt fit a corner I really loved into the mock so this is what we get... lol
- And yes even with the Bengals signing 3 new OL in FA I wanted to continue to add to that group.

Edit: Move to Mock Section please lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not the sexiest draft, but very well done!
Reply/Quote
Love the Thomas Booker pick. Love this dude… One of my favorite d prospects.
Reply/Quote