Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syrian Hmong
Yeah, this is flat out wrong.

I believe Trump is thinking that both Turkey and the Kurds are both allies but Turkey holds the wild card being a member of NATO although Turkey isn't very friendly to the West. He may be thinking this will give him some pull later on down the line with other NATO members and Turkey, but he is mistaken.

This is wrong and a big mistake.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Straight from the horse's arse mouth:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Got to ask my liberal friends. Are you in favor of Trump moving our troops out of the ME or are you. Opposed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2019, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to ask my liberal friends. Are you in favor of Trump moving our troops out of the ME or are you. Opposed

I am opposed to removing troops on a whim that allows our allies to be slaughtered by a totalitarian regime because the POTUS owns property there.

But I'm no oath taker.
(10-09-2019, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to ask my liberal friends. Are you in favor of Trump moving our troops out of the ME or are you. Opposed

Short answer. I am not in favor of the GOP allowing a corrupt narcissistic conman to make strategic military decisions based on profits for his private business. 

Another short answer. I am not in favor of the US betraying an ally, pulling out our troops who days ago stood along side the same people who helped us fight ISIS, so they could be massacred by some totalitarian regime our fake ass dictator jackass pres thinks he is friends with.

Got to ask my morally bankrupt/braindead GOP friends. Our you in favor of allowing someone to trample on the constitution and betray our allies? 
My stomach has been turning since I saw the news they were being bombed when I woke up today.

I saw a stat the other day that said military suicides were at an all time high. This won't help.

Trump morally bankrupting the GOP will be written in the history books.

You have liberal friends?
(10-10-2019, 06:25 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: You have liberal friends?

Ninja
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-09-2019, 11:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Straight from the horse's arse mouth:

They wish they could but they had no country and bone spurs.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(10-09-2019, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I am opposed to removing troops on a whim that allows our allies to be slaughtered by a totalitarian regime because the POTUS owns property there.
But I'm no oath taker.
(10-10-2019, 12:14 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Short answer. I am not in favor of the GOP allowing a corrupt narcissistic conman to make strategic military decisions based on profits for his private business.
Another short answer. I am not in favor of the US betraying an ally, pulling out our troops who days ago stood along side the same people who helped us fight ISIS, so they could be massacred by some totalitarian regime our fake ass dictator jackass pres thinks he is friends with.
(10-09-2019, 06:25 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I feel sympathy for the Kurds. They fought for us and we turned our backs.
Then again, it isn't the first time we have done this:
There were the Iraqis who helped us and served in our Army. We promised they could come to the U.S. Most are still in Iraq.
There were the tribesmen in Afghanistan who we used to kick the Soviets out. Then we walked away and let the Taliban have the country.

There were the Hmong in Vietnam who sided with us against North Vietnam and the Viet Cong. Some were allowed to come to America. Most retreated illegally to the jungles of Southeast Laos dodging the Laotian Army and trying to survive amid the hundreds of thousands or air-dropped land mines and unexploded ordinance we left there.

At some point, this all becomes like Lucy pulling the football up in front of Charlie Brown.... except people are dying. Sooner or later, people will get the message: "Don't trust the Americans"
(10-08-2019, 07:41 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean yea.
If we leave Syria now and just hope the Kurds secure those camps despite the Turkish threats, then ISIS will bound up again as soon as the Kurds retreat/ are killed/ abandon the camps.

(10-09-2019, 12:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: For Trump and his supporters/defenders, their only true Ally is Russia who is pulling all strings as it relates to Ukraine and Syria.
How can his defenders support Trump turning America over to Russia like this? All for politics.
The blood of our Ally is on Trumps hands.

Answers are lining up nicely.  Now the counter question:

(10-10-2019, 12:14 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Got to ask my morally bankrupt/braindead GOP friends. Our you in favor of allowing someone to trample on the constitution and betray our allies? 

LOL Some may still defend trampling on the Constitution to prevent a "legislative coup" ("Article II says he can do what he wants!"), but I didn't expect many Trump defenders to defend the Kurd betrayal.

Curious thing though--Trump's retreat seems to have so far silenced the anti-anti-Trumpers, the "independents" who don't watch Fox News but throw up Trump talking points fast as Hannity and Tucker.  This time around they aren't attacking Trump critics for forgetting Hillary or criticizing Trump just because his style is "different."
(10-09-2019, 11:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Straight from the horse's arse mouth:

Meanwhile, he has pretty consistently abused our WWII allies in Great Britain, Canada and France (the Free French) who actually were with us on the beaches of Normandy.

But I suppose we should forgive his lack of knowledge of history since he also doesn't know much about the English Language, Geography, Social Studies, Science, or any other subject one would commonly take in grammar or middle school.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-10-2019, 10:08 AM)Dill Wrote: Answers are lining up nicely.  Now the counter question:

LOL Some may still defend trampling on the Constitution to prevent a "legislative coup" ("Article II says he can do what he wants!"), but I didn't expect many Trump defenders to defend the Kurd betrayal.

Curious thing though--Trump's retreat seems to have so far silenced the anti-anti-Trumpers, the "independents" who don't watch Fox News but throw up Trump talking points fast as Hannity and Tucker.  This time around they aren't attacking Trump critics for forgetting Hillary or criticizing Trump just because his style is "different."

I don't know. I watched Fox pull out the "big guns" last night to defend Trump.

That's right, Trump's son Eric!!!
(10-10-2019, 11:53 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't know. I watched Fox pull out the "big guns" last night to defend Trump.

That's right, Trump's son Eric!!!

Eric is not an anti-anti-Trumper though. 

No doubt HannityIngrahmLevinCarlsonDobbsGutfeldPiro are all doubling down on a defense of the people's choice.
(10-10-2019, 10:08 AM)Dill Wrote: Answers are lining up nicely.  Now the counter question:

They may be "lining up" but I'm not sure the question posed has been answered; folks just sharing their thoughts on POTUS. Allow me to answer it directly. I am in favor of Military occupation in the ME and have always suggested it be expanded. So I can freely say I disagree with Trump's decision to pull out of the ME. Like most situation I would want this occupation to be a coalition.

What aspect of "trashing the Constitution" are being defended?

(10-10-2019, 06:25 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: You have liberal friends?

(10-10-2019, 08:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ninja

This hurts. I thought we were friends. But yeah, I'm just like Ellen.

(10-10-2019, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They may be "lining up" but I'm not sure the question posed has been answered; folks just sharing their thoughts on POTUS. Allow me to answer it directly. I am in favor of Military occupation in the ME and have always suggested it be expanded. So I can freely say I disagree with Trump's decision to pull out of the ME. Like most situation I would want this occupation to be a coalition.

What aspect of "trashing the Constitution" are being defended?

That's because the decision was made by Trump and everyone (even "your boy" Graham) disagrees.

In general we would (mostly) all like our troops out of dangers way.  However we would (mostly) all like those decisions to be made not by an impulsive, stupid man who puts our allies in danger.

If want to have a philosophical discussion on our military it can't be in this thread which gets tainted by the topic of the thread and President Bone Spurs/"I know more than the generals".
(10-10-2019, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This hurts. I thought we were friends. But yeah, I'm just like Ellen.

You're a lesbian?

Ninja
Interestingly enough, the Kurds did help us during WWII. They took part in a counter-offensive against a Nazi-backed Iraqi coup in 1941. Some later served with allied forces in Albania, Greece, and Italy.
(10-10-2019, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This hurts. I thought we were friends. But yeah, I'm just like Ellen.

[Image: XS5LK.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-10-2019, 12:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Interestingly enough, the Kurds did help us during WWII. They took part in a counter-offensive against a Nazi-backed Iraqi coup in 1941. Some later served with allied forces in Albania, Greece, and Italy.

And just how many were at NORMANDY!!?? 

Where were they when we needed them most? Tongue