Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-Charles Leno released
The Bears have released starting LT Charles Leno. Leno a cap hit will save the Bears 6.2 million this season. A former Pro Bowler, he has over 90 consecutive starts having started every game since his 2nd year. Could be a good depth signee

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: The Bears have released starting LT Charles Leno.  Leno a cap hit will save the Bears 6.2 million this season.  A former Pro Bowler, he has over 90 consecutive starts having started every game since his 2nd year.  Could be a good depth signee

He is only 29
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hasn't this guy led the Bears in holding calls for years? Maybe as depth I would be okay with him if he can clean this up.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hasn't this guy led the Bears in holding calls for years? Maybe as depth I would be okay with him if he can clean this up.

PFF Grades from last year:

Jonah: 70.1 (2 penalties, 3 sacks, 634 snaps)
Reiff: 71.4 (1 penalty, 1 sack, 1,003 snaps)
Leno: 74.6 (6 penalties, 5 sacks, 1,066 snaps)

He would not be a guaranteed starter at OT, but he is a massive upgrade on Fred Johnson, Adeniji, & Smith. 

He is probably looking to start. Baltimore has RT open. Still, I'd love it.
Reply/Quote
He’s garbage.... he’s Chicago’s Bobby hart. No thanks
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 01:38 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: PFF Grades from last year:

Jonah: 70.1 (2 penalties, 3 sacks, 634 snaps)
Reiff: 71.4 (1 penalty, 1 sack, 1,003 snaps)
Leno: 74.6 (6 penalties, 5 sacks, 1,066 snaps)

He would not be a guaranteed starter at OT, but he is a massive upgrade on Fred Johnson, Adeniji, & Smith. 

He is probably looking to start. Baltimore has RT open. Still, I'd love it.

Smith is gonna be our LG starter u watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 09:47 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Smith is gonna be our LG starter u watch.

If Pollack really likes what Price is doing at C until Hopkins comes back, they may decide to actually put Hopkins at his most natural position, LG.
Purely speculation on my part, of course, but I could see that happening.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I mean, he's got a big chin and the Tonight Show hasn't been the same without him, so why not?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:07 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Pollack really likes what Price is doing at C until Hopkins comes back, they may decide to actually put Hopkins at his most natural position, LG.
Purely speculation on my part, of course, but I could see that happening.

That wouldn’t be bright imo your also banking on price playing well which is a fail Mary although I hope he does. D’Ante Smith has the frame movement size and athleticism to be a really outstanding Left guard in this league. I say throw him and Carman at both guard spots and say they are theirs to lose and then have Hopkins price and hill battle out the two center spots. I wouldn’t complicate things by moving Hopkins around when he is our most familiar and consistent lineman at a major position in question. Keep Hopkins put. Ideally for me. Week 1 line looks like this.
Jonah Williams/Hakeem Adeniji
D’Ante Smith/Quentin Spain
Trey Hopkins/Trey Hill
Jackson Carman/Xavier Sua’filo
Riley Reiff/Fred Johnson
Cut Price imo unless he comes into camp playing like Travis Frederick
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 09:47 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Smith is gonna be our LG starter u watch.

No chance.

He's a year away from contributing. Like the potential, though.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:49 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No chance.

He's a year away from contributing. Like the potential, though.

This.
He basically missed all of 2020 season, and he was raw anyway, so he's (at least) a year out.
People are likely going to have to accept that the LG starter will be either XSF or Spain, as much as they may not want it to be true.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 12:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This.
He basically missed all of 2020 season, and he was raw anyway, so he's (at least) a year out.
People are likely going to have to accept that the LG starter will be either XSF or Spain, as much as they may not want it to be true.

Yep. Only way that changes is if we sign another legit OT (Leno, Fisher, etc) and one of the OTs gets moved inside to LG.
Reply/Quote
signed with Washington

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:14 PM)pally Wrote: signed with Washington

1-year, $5 mill deal.

I bet there will be quite a few Bengals fans irritated the Bengals didn't pounce.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote