Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
T. N. T.
(12-12-2022, 10:19 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: 1 game sample size is not nearly enough. No nfl team would want to role with Chase + any of these back end wr roster guys. Especially when we have Higgins and Boyd we could find a way to resign 1 of them. I really do think 1 will get a new contract along with chase. Nfl teams all have multiple BIG weapons, not just a WR 1 and role players. You need multiple threats that can take over a game

Absolutely correct. NO team would want to roll out in any longevity with the guys you mentioned. There are a larger pool of players that can fill Boyd's spot but good luck finding a long, strong, incredible athlete like Tee who is as vital, if not more, to this offense as Chase. Tee is a field stretcher/deep threat who can also catch anything in the middle of the field and is a guy that can pick balls out of the sky, up and over DB's as well as any WR in the league.When you have a weapon you can just toss the ball up to down the field/down the sideline and there's as good a chance as anything that he comes down with it, well, those are game-changing plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: But the postgame quotes make it sound like Trent Taylor and Trenton Irwin seamlessly slid into the roles of Boyd and Higgins:

" Trent Taylor pretty much stepped into Boyd's spot in the slot while Irwin took a lot of Higgins' snaps while Chase got a little bit of everything. Burrow indicated there was no adjustment because they simply plugged players into those spots.

"We didn't have to make an adjustment. That's what's great about those guys that come in for them," Burrow said. "We have all the faith in the world that they're going to do the job. There can't be any drop off and there wasn't today."

"I've got so much faith in the guys that come in for those guys," Burrow said. "Trent and Trenton are guys that work really hard and know their stuff and are going to be right where I expect them to. That's really what it comes down to."

https://www.bengals.com/news/without-three-of-four-top-receivers-burrow-finds-way-and-other-game-notes

Zac literally said that the staff had to change the game plan an hour before kickoff when the trainers felt Tee had a setback.  No disrespect to the two Trents, but there's quite a drop-off from Tee to either one of them.  Joe is just saying what a great leader is supposed to say in that situation.
Reply/Quote
Any chance we can lure Jefferson away from the Vikings?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 12:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If they lose either Boyd, Higgins, or both ? Expect they will be replaced with early draft picks on the cheap.

Hope they can be kept but hard to see that happening without the NFL increasing the cap massively.

This is the route they will go as well as franchise tagging Tee if his agent wants a crazy high deal.

Keeping two 1st round talent guys at WR is a must with Joe at QB and the direction of our team is going pass heavy.

We got Tee in the 2nd round, but many think he was 1st round talent that slipped to the 2nd and if we lose Tee that is the type of guy, we will need to replace him.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I disagree.  EventuallyI don’t think they will be able to pay them but the offense missed them today (especially Tee)
Chase is just the best so no surprise there.
They got it going and the Trent’s played well but I think today showed that they miss Higgin’s explosiveness when he’s not out there. Worked today but going to be tough if he misses more games.

Absolutely this. 

I think we missed Higgins, Boyd, and Hurst badly. Taylor made a play and had one taken away. Irwin made a nice play and had the flea-flicker "forgot to cover the white guy" play go his way. Wilcox had a catch ot two. 

But Tee, Tyler, and Hayden make 5 or 6 or 7 each, not one or two. 

I do not get the constant pearl clutching over Higgins and Boyd. Both are under contract NEXT year. Can we at least get to the contract year first? 

For me, Higgins is close to must keep. Boyd may have a price limit. I do not think he is a $10 mil guy 2 years from now. But I can see trusting in Burrow to maximize other WRs and spending that cake elsewhere, too. OL, DL, DB, LB. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 11:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really?

He was cut 3 week ago FFS.

Good! Should have kept Pryor. 
Reply/Quote