Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T Waynes
Whats the assessment after last night? I think he got burned once and but overall looked solid and showed up well on stat sheet....and HE STAYED HEALTHY.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:12 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats the assessment after last night? I think he got burned once and but overall looked solid and showed up well on stat sheet....and HE STAYED HEALTHY.

Yep, he got burned on one play, and I think from watching my phone Lawrence tried to stay away from him and targeted Apple, but that may not be the case.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 11:12 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats the assessment after last night? I think he got burned once and but overall looked solid and showed up well on stat sheet....and HE STAYED HEALTHY.

i didnt notice him much after that play..  good or bad.
Reply/Quote
Watching that play back I was too harsh last night, it's a tough play to defend as Lawrence extended it which definitely created a longer cover time than he really should have needed. The other issue is Lawrence threw the ball in a place where as a CB out of phase because of the scramble drill all he could really do was chase and play hands.
Reply/Quote
I'm T Wayne, You know me
Konvict Music, Nappy boiyeee
I know the club close at 3:00
What's the chances of you rolling wit me
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For his first game in a year and a half, I thought he was pretty good.

Apple also graded out very well.

Remember, we are missing 3 of our top 5 DBs (Bates, Awuzie, Allen).
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: For his first game in a year and a half, I thought he was pretty good.

yup, I hope we can get these 3 guys back soon...OUR D is looking tight. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: For his first game in a year and a half, I thought he was pretty good.

Exactly what I was gonna say. I think he'll continue to get better and I think Apple has continued to improve as well. Hopefully everyone can go against the Packers. Will be a good time to be getting guys back healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Exactly what I was gonna say. I think he'll continue to get better and I think Apple has continued to improve as well. Hopefully everyone can go against the Packers. Will be a good time to be getting guys back healthy.

Moving the Chains both picked the Pack over the Steelers. The lead should widen, and we get the Pack after they play the Steelers. Should be a rough game for them physically with the cheap shots the Stools usually deliver.
Reply/Quote
He hasn’t looked like a shutdown corner yet, hopefully that changes in the weeks ahead. They paid him a lot of money. I was skeptical when we signed him (thinking we overpaid), but I’m hoping he starts proving everyone wrong in the weeks and months ahead.
Reply/Quote
Clear as day offensive PI wasn’t called on that long completion he allowed. They called it on chase earlier in the game when he extended his arm. I thought he did damn good job. Glad he is back
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 01:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Clear as day offensive PI wasn’t called on that long completion he allowed. They called it on chase earlier in the game when he extended his arm. I thought he did damn good job. Glad he is back

There were so many missed calls last night though, you would have swore it was a JV crew officiating
Reply/Quote
The burned play was aggravating true but other than that he seemed solid - which for a player who hasn't played in over a year is okay.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yup, I hope we can get these 3 guys back soon...OUR D is looking tight. 

Zac said he expects everyone to be ready to go for the Packers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nice to have him back. I must say, Apple has looked a bit better the past two games, although I'd prefer him to serve as a depth piece lol. The D stepped up at times last night. I would still like to see more pressure on the opposing qb though. Lawrence had too much to throw, too often.
Reply/Quote