Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
TBB's Discord
The board's Discord will once again be available this season with both live text and voice chat for gamedays, and general discussion as well. For anyone that's not currently a member there and is interested in joining, just send me a PM requesting the link. Once you join, you'll need to make your nickname there the same as your username here, or you won't be activated. 

The chat here will also be available here for gamedays, along with the normal gameday thread. Just wanting to provide members with different options as far as participating in gameday discussions. 
Reply/Quote
Voice chat? That was disabled before. I'll enjoy not having to type so much.
Also, I don't care about some people being 10 seconds ahead of my feed. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 04:33 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Voice chat?  That was disabled before.  I'll enjoy not having to type so much.
Also, I don't care about some people being 10 seconds ahead of my feed.  :)

Voice chat is the biggest benefit to having a Discord over the message board.
If just text, may as well just use browser/tapatalk app.

Not sure how many are interested in verbally talking though lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Voice chat is the biggest benefit to having a Discord over the message board.
If just text, may as well just use browser/tapatalk app.

Not sure how many are interested in verbally talking though lol.

I like discord voice chat for gaming online but I don't watch NFL games alone most of the time so a headset and voice chatting is out of the question. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:42 AM)Synric Wrote: I like discord voice chat for gaming online but I don't watch NFL games alone most of the time so a headset and voice chatting is out of the question. 

True but the voice could be used for more than just talking about live games.

It can be used for live talk during the draft.
It can be used for fantasy football discussions.
It can be used for board members playing video games together.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Are we talking LIVE voce chat? Where everyone that's online at the moment I say "You gotta be KIDDING me, ref!" will hear it? Or is it like a voice-to-text kind of thing?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are we talking LIVE voce chat? Where everyone that's online at the moment I say "You gotta be KIDDING me, ref!" will hear it? Or is it like a voice-to-text kind of thing?

Live voice, but only those choosing to be in the voice chat will hear.

The current group we have there is pretty cool and much more chill than the GD thread.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True but the voice could be used for more than just talking about live games.

It can be used for live talk during the draft.
It can be used for fantasy football discussions.
It can be used for board members playing video games together.

I was thinking at some point, we could also use it to start doing a TBB podcast.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Live voice, but only those choosing to be in the voice chat will hear.

The current group we have there is pretty cool and much more chill than the GD thread.  Mellow

You can create a "stage" type setup where people can listen in the audience and you can have people on stage able to speak. Could be a way to let people listen in then have active participants that...if they get too annoying...you send them back to the pit.
Reply/Quote
Discord is basically just a chatting app?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are we talking LIVE voce chat? Where everyone that's online at the moment I say "You gotta be KIDDING me, ref!" will hear it? Or is it like a voice-to-text kind of thing?

It depends on how you have your mic set up.  You can have it "always on" which is basically voice-activated, OR you can have it set to "push-to-talk" where you designate a key press to activate the mic.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 10:08 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Discord is basically just a chatting app?

It offers live text and voice chat, and there's a pretty chill group of members on our server.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 10:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It offers live text and voice chat, and there's a pretty chill group of members on our server.

So what's better,, the discord chat room and the chat box on the home page here? I want to be where there's the least drama during the game,, which is why I'm looking for a different route than the game day meltdown and psychosis thread.  Mellow 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 10:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It depends on how you have your mic set up.  You can have it "always on" which is basically voice-activated, OR you can have it set to "push-to-talk" where you designate a key press to activate the mic.

Need that for the gameday thread. How funny would it be to actually LISTEN to people melting down after the first play!?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 10:37 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Need that for the gameday thread. How funny would it be to actually LISTEN to people melting down after the first play!?  Hilarious

it would be very funny to hear no emotion at all out of most after every play
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2023, 10:37 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Need that for the gameday thread. How funny would it be to actually LISTEN to people melting down after the first play!?  Hilarious

OMG that would be hilarious.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 12:15 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: it would be very funny to hear no emotion at all out of most after every play

I have zero doubt Tony would screaming as loud as possible.

Reply/Quote
We could get the Discord going to do some sort of podcast-type thing where we get on a certain day and time every week and talk about a certain topic or just about anything Bengals-related.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote