Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDN Mock
Dont know why I waste time on the tdn mock, as it seems to be the least accurate and I cant make trades, but this is what they gave me and I'd be ok with it..

1. Perrion Winfrey DT - 3 tech with upside and pass rush skill. I would've taken about 5 players ahead of him but they were all gone.

2. Jamaree Salyer OG - Georgia's OL was stout. I feel like he could start at LG this year and be an upgrade.

3. Jelani Woods TE. - This was a hard pick to make in the 3rd, but his potential and size sucked me in.

4. Coby Bryant CB - Been hearing his name more and more. He was one of the top available according to tdn.

5. Verone McKinley III S - He stood out to me when I watched the Ducks. Seems to have potential.

6. Matt Hankins CB - Plays his tail off and makes plays.

6. Tanner Conner WR - Big WR who could be a role player

7. Zonovan Knight RB - Scat back kick returner type who could make the roster for ST.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 05:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Dont know why I waste time on the tdn mock, as it seems to be the least accurate and I cant make trades, but this is what they gave me and I'd be ok with it..

1. Perrion Winfrey DT  - 3 tech with upside and pass rush skill. I would've taken about 5 players ahead of him but they were all gone.

2. Jamaree Salyer OG - Georgia's OL was stout. I feel like he could start at LG this year and be an upgrade.

3. Jelani Woods TE. - This was a hard pick to make in the 3rd, but his potential and size sucked me in.

4. Coby Bryant CB - Been hearing his name more and more. He was one of the top available according to tdn.

5. Verone McKinley III S - He stood out to me when I watched the Ducks. Seems to have potential.

7. Zonovan Knight RB - Scat back kick returner type who could make the roster for ST.

What do you mean it's the least accurate?
I think those guys are all fairly slotted.
This would be a solid mock.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with that draft!!
Reply/Quote
Winfrey seems to be all over in the first 2-3 rounds. Haven't seen him mocked in rd 1 though.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 05:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Dont know why I waste time on the tdn mock, as it seems to be the least accurate and I cant make trades, but this is what they gave me and I'd be ok with it..

1. Perrion Winfrey DT  - 3 tech with upside and pass rush skill. I would've taken about 5 players ahead of him but they were all gone.

This is a fantastic Mock IMO. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Not sure why the disappointment by the OP, it's a very solid mock draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Not sure why people are making the comments they are about Jelani Woods. I would encourage many to investigate Relative Athletic Score and the TE position. It has been an alarmingly accurate tool for identifying TE talent and he recorded the highest grade since 1987.

I would encourage you to watch this about the grading...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Uw8C-aOtw&t=522s
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not sure why people are making the comments they are about Jelani Woods. I would encourage many to investigate Relative Athletic Score and the TE position. It has been an alarmingly accurate tool for identifying TE talent and he recorded the highest grade since 1987.

I would encourage you to watch this about the grading...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Uw8C-aOtw&t=522s

Yes, if anything it is a good sign for a TE going to the big league being extremely big and athletic.

If you just look at college production at TE you get Chase Coffman as the best types lol

I think Jelani Woods is so young and athletically talented it would be a steal in the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure why the disappointment by the OP, it's a very solid mock draft.

BTW, I just did a PFF Mock with us getting Winfrey in the 2nd round and they graded it as a D+...

So take these simulators with a grain of salt. Winfrey is exactly what we need and I wouldn't be against him at 31 as Bengaloo
has here. Even better at 63 though as I have in my Mock with Kenyon Green falling to 31.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, I just did a PFF Mock with us getting Winfrey in the 2nd round and they graded it as a D+...

So take these simulators with a grain of salt. Winfrey is exactly what we need and I wouldn't be against him at 31 as Bengaloo
has here. Even better at 63 though as I have in my Mock with Kenyon Green falling to 31.
That's because PFF has him like 66 or something like that in their rankings that why you for a D +
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 02:47 AM)pulses Wrote: That's because PFF has him like 66 or something like that in their rankings that why you for a D +

So taking the 66 rated player at pick 63 gets a d+? They either thought there were bigger needs or better players at the same position available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 08:04 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So taking the 66 rated player at pick 63 gets a d+?  They either thought there were bigger needs or better players at the same position available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their board is interesting, and it's heavily influenced by their ratings for them during college.
They have Bernhard Raimann as 18th overall prospect. 
Kyler Gordon and Roger McCreary all the way down to 58th and 59th overall.
Logan Hall down at 72, DeMarvin Leal all the way down at 76.
https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2022
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I am not a fan of the TDN simulator either but I did my own just as a comparison and here is what I ended up with:

Round 1 - 31st Selection:

Tyler Linderbaum - C - Iowa - 6'2" 296

While he certainly possesses elite traits and skills I won't lie that the just over 31" arm length worries me.

Round 2 - 62rd Selection:

Alontae Taylor - CB - Tenn. - 6'0" 199

Speed, length, and leadership. Brings good football IQ ability to play man and off coverage.

Round 3 - 95th Selection:

Jelani Woods - TE - Virginia - 6'7" 259

A blossoming TE prospect that creates sizable (pun intended) mismatches in the passing game. Scored the highest ever Relative Athletic Score for TEs.

Round 4 - 136th:

Joshua Ezeudu - G - N.C. - 6'4" 308

A versatile lineman with G and T experience. The film I have watched certainly shows a better G prospect that could kick outside in and emergency. Good length and movement skills that could push a guy like Adeniji down or off of the roster.

Round 5 - 174th Selection:

Haskell Garrett - DT - OSU - 6'2" 300

Garrett brings nothing special to the field other than he just always works and seems to come up big when the team needs a play. Should add early rotational value behind Hill but has some skills for Hobby to work with to improve his game. He is a fighter.

Round 6 - 209th Selection:

Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - N.D. - 6'2" 200

Like Woods I believe that Austin is a blossoming prospect at WR and the second half of the "21 season shows a glimpse of what he is capable of being. Will be in great position to learn behind a very talented position room.

Round 7 - 226th Selection:

Kyler McMichael - CB - N.C. - 6'0" 200

Good size, length, and speed. Ran an outstanding 4.34 at the NC Pro Day. Has shown the ability to lockdown his side of the field. What he is lacking is ball skills. Has not recorded a collegiate INT. If his ball skills can be developed then he could be an absolute steal.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection:

Eric Johnson - DT - Missouri St. - 6'4" 300

Johnson did not get a combine invite but he did get a Senior Bowl invitation where he turned heads. His Senior Bowl performance prompted a big crowd for his Pro Day where he did not disappoint. Johnson ran a 4.87 - 40 in drills. Some evaluators at the Senior Bowl stated he was the best performer of the entire week.
Reply/Quote