Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDN's 2023 Top 100 prospects list
https://thedraftnetwork.com/nfl-draft-2023-tdn100-watch-list/

Note that this list is broken up by tiers, not numerical rankings.

Wanted to share for those who wanted to start doing some research on likely Day 1 and Day 2 prospects.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This list is actually bigger than 100 now. It's their top 200.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Let's assume the Bengals have an awesome '22 - '23 season and pick lower in the draft. Would it be smart to use a late first round pick on a RB to support Mixon, and eventually replace him as the starter, in the run game? Tier 1 from the list identifies Gibbs from Alabama and Robinson from Texas as top-RB talents.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Let's assume the Bengals have an awesome '22 - '23 season and pick lower in the draft. Would it be smart to use a late first round pick on a RB to support Mixon, and eventually replace him as the starter, in the run game? Tier 1 from the list identifies Gibbs from Alabama and Robinson from Texas as top-RB talents.

Robinson is by far my favorite RB prospect.
If he's there when Bengals pick and Mayer is gone, I'd be REAL tempted to take him.

I'm a bit worried Gibbs might be a bit too small to be a 3-down RB.
He's only 200 lbs but 5'11".

Chris Johnson was 5'11" and 197 lbs coming into the draft, but he did share carries some seasons with bruiser RBs like LenDale White.
We know CJ2K had the record before John Ross for the 40 at 4.24 seconds, and you could see that speed on the field. It's a big reason why he could be so productive.

I've heard Gibbs has ran a 4.32 before.
https://tdalabamamag.com/2022/07/01/alabama-jahmyr-gibbs-reveals-insane-40-yard-dash-time/

If Gibbs can show he can be a home run threat like CJ2K was, I think he can be a true difference maker and worth taking in Rd 1. But you'll probably need to use a different RB if you want a blocker, or a bigger RB in short yardage or goal line situations.
So I'd be ok with him too, but I'd want the Bengals to have a plan to have a good stable to handle situations where Gibbs wouldn't be as equipped for.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Robinson is by far my favorite RB prospect.
If he's there when Bengals pick and Mayer is gone, I'd be REAL tempted to take him.

I'm a bit worried Gibbs might be a bit too small to be a 3-down RB.
He's only 200 lbs but 5'11".

Chris Johnson was 5'11" and 197 lbs coming into the draft, but he did share carries some seasons with bruiser RBs like LenDale White.
We know CJ2K had the record before John Ross for the 40 at 4.24 seconds, and you could see that speed on the field. It's a big reason why he could be so productive.

I've heard Gibbs has ran a 4.32 before.
https://tdalabamamag.com/2022/07/01/alabama-jahmyr-gibbs-reveals-insane-40-yard-dash-time/

If Gibbs can show he can be a home run threat like CJ2K was, I think he can be a true difference maker and worth taking in Rd 1. But you'll probably need to use a different RB if you want a blocker, or a bigger RB in short yardage or goal line situations.
So I'd be ok with him too, but I'd want the Bengals to have a plan to have a good stable to handle situations where Gibbs wouldn't be as equipped for.

As always, your insight is appreciated. I prefer your posts over other websites for draft info.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
TDN Official Top 100 released today.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/nfl-draft-rankings-tdn100-2023-august/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 07:18 PM)Synric Wrote: TDN Official Top 100 released today.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/nfl-draft-rankings-tdn100-2023-august/

If the Bengals are making the playoffs, no chance Mayer gets to them if teams are going similar to TDN.
Mayer 6th overall on their rankings.

And my guy Bijan Robinson 4th overall.

Could be quite a few good OL available too if the Bengals want to try to solidify that LG spot with another draft pick (assuming Volson or Carman doesn't pan out by season's end).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 10:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals are making the playoffs, no chance Mayer gets to them if teams are going similar to TDN.
Mayer 6th overall on their rankings.

And my guy Bijan Robinson 4th overall.

Could be quite a few good OL available too if the Bengals want to try to solidify that LG spot with another draft pick (assuming Volson or Carman doesn't pan out by season's end).

That's not representative of how they will go in the draft. As for Offensive Line it's more of a wait and see class at the top at the moment. I do like that tackle from Northwestern Peter Skoronski. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:33 PM)Synric Wrote: That's not representative of how they will go in the draft. As for Offensive Line it's more of a wait and see class at the top at the moment. I do like that tackle from Northwestern Peter Skoronski. 

I like Skoronski too, especially if he can swing inside.

I know that prospect rankings aren't how the draft will necessarily pan out.
I just mean that if there are already people talking about a certain player as a Top 10 guy, there's no guarantee that player falls into the 20's.

Remember how some people thought there's no way Kyle Pitts goes Top 5, even Top 10 because he's a TE and no one takes TEs that high?
Or how some didn't think a RB would go Top 5 when Barkley was drafted?

Both ended up going Top 5 in their respective drafts.

So I'm not going in expecting that either Robinson or Mayer falls to 20. If they do, great, but I'd have my eyes on more realistic targets and just try to change course if I start seeing them fall on Draft Day.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Skoronski too, especially if he can swing inside.

I know that prospect rankings aren't how the draft will necessarily pan out.
I just mean that if there are already people talking about a certain player as a Top 10 guy, there's no guarantee that player falls into the 20's.

Remember how some people thought there's no way Kyle Pitts goes Top 5, even Top 10 because he's a TE and no one takes TEs that high?
Or how some didn't think a RB would go Top 5 when Barkley was drafted?

Both ended up going Top 5 in their respective drafts.

So I'm not going in expecting that either Robinson or Mayer falls to 20. If they do, great, but I'd have my eyes on more realistic targets and just try to change course if I start seeing them fall on Draft Day.

Kyle Pitts was a unicorn he was a tight end that was also a wide receiver lol. He played a ton of X Receiver in 2021 because of injuries in Atlanta. Michael Mayer is more of an All-Around TE kinda like George Kittle, TJ Hockenson, or Pat Freiermuth. I agree thought Mayer could be a top 10 pick. 

Reply/Quote
I know he isn't in the same realm as Mayer, but if we missed out, I'd be good with Whyle from Cincinnati (NOT in the 1st lol).

Great hands, big body, good routes, just not sure about his blocking.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 12:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I know he isn't in the same realm as Mayer, but if we missed out, I'd be good with Whyle from Cincinnati (NOT in the 1st lol).

Great hands, big body, good routes, just not sure about his blocking.

Hope the Bearcats play good enough for me to see him this year but they will need a lot of help from their new players.

That is a ton of guys to replace, damn.

Not to mention Ridder.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Skoronski too, especially if he can swing inside.

Skoronski vs Nebraska that was like a master class in perfect OL technique. Peter Skoronski might not be the most athletically gifted tackle but damn everything his does is just perfect.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Skoronski vs Nebraska that was like a master class in perfect OL technique. Peter Skoronski might not be the most athletically gifted tackle but damn everything his does is just perfect.

Remind you (some) of Jonah Williams, by chance?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remind you (some) of Jonah Williams, by chance?

That would be a solid comparison. But honestly for some reason I see Kevin Zeilter nothing to do with position or I'm saying Skoronski needs to change position just how he plays.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Skoronski vs Nebraska that was like a master class in perfect OL technique. Peter Skoronski might not be the most athletically gifted tackle but damn everything his does is just perfect.

Thought Skoronski looked great myself playing against Nebraska. Definitely on my radar now.

If we miss on both Carman and Volson he seems like the perfect dude to put at LG if he is available.

Road grader in the run game and was going against Garrett Nelson Nebraska's freak in the passing game and played as you 
say, perfect in that game.
Reply/Quote
TDN's Joe Marino did an article on Peter Skoronski.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/peter-skoronski-northwestern-nebraska-breakdown/

He seems like a blue chip player that can play all 5 spots on the OL. Would like to see him in Stripes but he probably wont make it to the late 20's/30s lol.

Reply/Quote
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/15/lets-get-freaky-10-draft-prospects-to-watch-from-bruce-feldmans-freaks-list/

Gervon Dexter DT has caught my eye. He's listed third in this write up which is a Packer article. He needs to be coached on some of his technique, but the strength is already there.
Reply/Quote
Lol Arik Gilbert is high on everyones draft boards going into the season and he's not even on the field for Georgia.

Brock Bowers is playing H and Darnell Washington is playing Y. Washington is having a really nice game so far blocking and receiving and the guy is HUGE.

Reply/Quote
Michael Mayer is playing alot more WR than TE.

Reply/Quote