Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDs in red zone
Here is a stat that will shock a lot of people.

In 2018 the Bengals scored a TD 71.1% of the time they were in the Red Zone. That ranked #3 in the league.

Here is one that will shock no one

In 2019 the Bengals have scored a TD 37.5% of the time they were in the Red Zone. That ranks 29th in the league.

Have to get back to scoring TDs in the Red Zone if we are going to start winning.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a stat that will shock a lot of people.

In 2018 the Bengals scored a TD 71.1% of the time they were in the Red Zone.  That ranked #3 in the league.

In 2019 the Bengals have scored a TD 37.5% of the time they were in the Red Zone.  That ranks 29th in the league.

Have to get back to scoring TDs in the Red Zone if we are going to start winning.

Without a run game and the short field due to the boundaries..... Red Zone % is going to be a tough stat for us I forsee.

Tate with his size and great hands needs to produce
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert is 100% now and they need to target him more. I am a little surprised at how little targets he’s gotten so far. I like the idea of having ham and Tate on the field at the same time along with Boyd and Erickson .
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Tyler Eifert is 100% now and they need to target him more. I am a little surprised at how little targets he’s gotten so far. I like the idea of having ham and Tate on the field at the same time along with Boyd and Erickson .

I don't know this is true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if defenses were bracketing Eifert in the end zone to force the throw to others...
Reply/Quote
Doesn't surprise me one bit Fred.

AJ Green is a TD machine inside the 20. We are really missing him when we are down there.
Reply/Quote
0 for 3 in the Redzone again tonight. Ended up with just 3 points.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is a stat that will shock a lot of people.

In 2018 the Bengals scored a TD 71.1% of the time they were in the Red Zone.  That ranked #3 in the league.

In 2019 the Bengals have scored a TD 37.5% of the time they were in the Red Zone.  That ranks 29th in the league.

Truth
Reply/Quote
This is like discussing a leaking faucet on the Titanic.
Reply/Quote
A healthy trio of Green, Boling, and Glenn might have been able to help out with that stat.  Maybe Redmond could've helped with some of those 3rd an short plays as well.  This line reminds me of the line that Marshawn Lynch used to run behind for the Bills(constantly hit in the backfield).  If Mixon leaves for a team with a good run blocking line we'll probably see similar commentary of "gee, how could they have let that great RB do so poorly" as we saw with Lynch.
Reply/Quote
We need better play at OL, RB and QB for that to happen. Its not just the horrible OL, its also Andy and coaching. What I am seeing is a team that lacks discipline. How many "miscommunications" can we have and still not improve on it? This team had no fire last night and came out in the 2nd half as flat as could be, looking totally deflated and defeated. Red zone TD.... Any TDs would be nice.

Our OL sucks but Andy has the most awful pocket awareness I've seen in stripes since Klingler. Can QB play overcome bad OL play? It seems like the Giants think so. Daniels Jones has good pocket awareness and can move around with his legs. Here are some quotes they are saying about his play vs Eli Manning..
Quote:The rookie's legs have made a major difference. They helped convert several third downs Sunday, including a third-and-13 in the third quarter when he spun out of trouble and away from three defenders before running for a first down.

This keeps the chains moving. This keeps receivers involved with the hope of a big play happening even when there is a breakdown early.
It was as if the Giants were stuck in a nasty vortex the past few years with Manning at quarterback. He clearly wasn't the only problem, but he also wasn't the solution. An immobile quarterback with a porous offensive line produced an untenable combination. https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/59580/daniel-jones-brings-new-energy-hope-to-new-york-giants
Andy needs improve his play the same as the OL does. Leaving him in with the wolves so he can take more sacks and throw more picks didnt seem like a smart idea at some point last night either. Ive always been an Andy supporter, but his play last night was awful and hes never had good [pocket presence. At least 2-3 of those sacks were on him imo. Id really like to get a look at what else we got at QB right now. At 0-4 why not.

Another thing, Cordy Glenn has been in concussion protocol for a loooong time now. If he hurt his head that bad, maybe its time to hang it up and call it a career.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Doesn't surprise me one bit Fred.

AJ Green is a TD machine inside the 20. We are really missing him when we are down there.

We’re missing him all together.

Reply/Quote