Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE Coach Jonathan Hayes Fired
Thoughts? Nice guy but TE's have been mostly lack luster. Injuries have played a part though. I'd say he ends up in Minnesota or Washington.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/10/18177127/bengals-rumors-tes-coach-jonathan-hayes-nfl-coaching-news
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Bengals are cleaning the entire damn house. I love it and its welcomed.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm a piece of shit and don't know most of our assistant coaches by now, so I'll go by position:

RB Coach - Can take or leave. No complaints here, but that's mainly due to how good Mixon is.
TE Coach (Hayes) - I'm not sad to see him go, but I think he got a raw deal this particular off-season considering three of his guys went down.
WR Coach - Can take or leave. Tyler Boyd has exploded, but it doesn't seem like many of the other receivers have developed much. Ross continues to disappoint.
O-Line Coach (Pollack) - Keep, but for the love of God give him draft picks/free agents to work with.
QB Coach (Van Pelt) - Keep. I like how Dalton looked early in the year before half the team died.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:30 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Thoughts? Nice guy but TE's have been mostly lack luster.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/10/18177127/bengals-rumors-tes-coach-jonathan-hayes-nfl-coaching-news

This guy had a ton of Marv stink on him, good move.

Caskey got released which was a bit of a surprise as i thought he did a good job with the RB's but the new HC must have his guys in mind with both these positions. We have some talented RB's and this Draft is really deep at TE, bet we could get a talent in the 3rd round that would be better than anyone we have.

Eifert is glass so cannot mention him, nor have we re-signed him.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm a piece of shit and don't know most of our assistant coaches by now, so I'll go by position:

RB Coach - Can take or leave. No complaints here, but that's mainly due to how good Mixon is.
TE Coach (Hayes) - I'm not sad to see him go, but I think he got a raw deal this particular off-season, what with three of his starters going down.
WR Coach - Can take or leave. Tyler Boyd has exploded, whereas it doesn't seem like many of the other receivers have developed much.
O-Line Coach (Pollack) - Keep, but for the love of God give him draft picks/free agents to work with.
QB Coach (Van Pelt) - Keep. I like how Dalton looked early in the year before half the team died.

The WR coach Bicknell has a good resume but i was not impressed by the lack of production from Malone or Core. Ross had a lot of TD's but he was just not used right and that could of been on Lazor. I still would like to see our WR's come back to the QB when plays break down to help him out.

Seems we never do this while teams like the Steelers WR's always do.
Reply/Quote
Caskey, the RB coach is out.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The WR coach Bicknell has a good resume but i was not impressed by the lack of production from Malone or Core. Ross had a lot of TD's but he was just not used right and that could of been on Lazor. I still would like to see our WR's come back to the QB when plays break down to help him out.

Seems we never do this while teams like the Steelers WR's always do.
I agree although this year we seemed to be doing better at that... until it was mostly backups out there at least
Reply/Quote