Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE Kroft to IR. LB Bell signed from practice squad.
Two starting linebackers were ruled out with knee injuries, middle backer Preston Brown and SAM backer Nick Vigil, and the other starter, WILL backer Vontaze Burfict (hip), was classified as questionable after he went limited all week. In preparation for potential depth problems, the Bengals called up linebacker Brandon Bell from the practice squad and Tyler Kroft (foot) became the fourth tight end to go on season-ending injured reserve. Bell makes his season debut after playing in three games last year as a rookie.

https://www.bengals.com/news/green-flacco-doubtful-mixon-quez-probable-tez-questionable

At WR Green upgraded to "doubtful", Malone is "out", and Ross is "questionable".  I am afraid we will have to try and play Green even though he is not fully recovered.  We only have 3 WRs not on the injury list (Boyd, Erickson, Tate)
Reply/Quote
After the preseason, I would have thought Bell would have been retained and not Nickerson.
Reply/Quote
It makes sense. We couldn't go into a game with our LBs as beat up as they were. Kroft's return in time to make a difference was getting iffy the longer time went by. While still thin at TE, right now they are serviceable

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: It makes sense.  We couldn't go into a game with our LBs as beat up as they were.  Kroft's return in time to make a difference was getting iffy the longer time went by.  While still thin at TE, right now they are serviceable

Brandon Bell is twice the player as Nickerson.The guy is only on the field because old marvin is close to his dad.Its a joke,whatever happened to playing the best player to win the game.Hardy N. would not even be on any other nfl team and he knows it.He is awlful.And Nick Vigil is an average Lb at best.His return does not excite me at all.Dude always tackles after the runner has gained a first down.He is another average at best.He needs to go back to riding horses,which I do as I have a couple,so I am not slamming his for being a cowboy,but knock someone out and get thrown out of a game.Show some power out there,dude.Tez is overweight and it shows.He is out of shape and to win this game against the dirty birds,they better put up 28 first half,as all these returning players will be gassed by halftime.

Hows come Cody Core is not a factor? dude is big,strong and super fast,come one Dalton,throw him open and lets go.This game will depend on Mr.Andy Dalton being accurate with the rock on the deep ball,which most of the time he is not.I so want them to win this,but I see the Ravens all over us and we lose this one by 2-3 scores,Hope I am dead wrong.I want a win for our mighty BENGALS.WHO-DEY !!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At WR Green upgraded to "doubtful", Malone is "out", and Ross is "questionable".  I am afraid we will have to try and play Green even though he is not fully recovered.  We only have 3 WRs not on the injury list (Boyd, Erickson, Tate)

Ross had a FP today. He will be out there. So we have 4 WRs to use Sunday.

Also those who should play and had full practices today are the following:

Dennard
Fisher
Dre K
Mixon
Redmond
Rey

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting to see Green as upgraded to doubtful. Surely he won't play Sunday, but perhaps next week?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 08:16 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Interesting to see Green as upgraded to doubtful. Surely he won't play Sunday, but perhaps next week?

Maybe ML did that so the Ravens had to put him in the game plan. A distraction So to speak. Hell who knows?

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We only have 3 WRs not on the injury list (Boyd, Erickson, Tate)

(11-16-2018, 07:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ross had a FP today. He will be out there. So we have 4 WRs to use Sunday.

1st of all: Tate is all we need

Secondly: What's up with Core? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately Ross is always questionable it seems.
Reply/Quote
I look forward to seeing bell, didnt he have some preseason ints the past two years? Seems he has a knack for the ball. And i hope they use tate,and run mixon 20 times.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking we'll be in great shape for next year's draft.. In fact I'm kind of hoping we lose the rest of the games the rest of the current season not because I have any faith in the Bengals getting a great 1st round pick who will light up the league, we won't, but it'll give me another disappointment to look forward to after the season is over .. Heck, trade some marque player(s) and stock up on 1st and 2nd round talent ..  Nah..never gonna happen with Mikey in charge..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals might be looking to draft a tight end next year with all these injuries that keep happening.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 03:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The Bengals might be looking to draft a tight end next year with all these injuries that keep happening.

How does anybody deal with having 4 TE's on IR?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote