Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE - Michael Mayer
(12-08-2022, 04:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I definitely think we'd have to trade up regardless, but he'd be worth it. 

We're better off adding offensive linemen in the draft and Mayer would be Burrow's best friend against the pass rush anyways because (1) they'd have to double him with a backer and a safety, leaving less blitzes, and (2) he'd be a quick outlet if Burrow has to get rid of the ball quick.

I'm not sure any team would double our TE even if he was Travis Kelce.  I dont see any way they give up a LB and a Safety with our WR group.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm not sure any team would double our TE even if he was Travis Kelce.  I dont see any way they give up a LB and a Safety with our WR group.

Then Mayer will kill them up the seams!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 03:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Then Mayer will kill them up the seams!

You know how it goes with rookie TEs.  And any defense will take their chances with TE if Chase and Tee are outside and Boyd is hovering around the middle.  I would love to have the guy.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You know how it goes with rookie TEs.  And any defense will take their chances with TE if Chase and Tee are outside and Boyd is hovering around the middle.  I would love to have the guy.

All 32 teams would really. Michael Mayer might have the highest floor of any prospect in this draft class. What you see is what you are going to get a productive receiving TE that moves the chains that is also a reliable blocker attached to the line or in space. He isn't quick or fast so he won't create alot of seperation but hes physical with a good catch radius which makes him excellent at contested catches. 

The one negative about Michael Mayer that I've heard alot is "Can't a team target Dalton Kincaid or Sam Laporta on day 2 and get the exact same guy?" and there is some truth to that.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How about we magically land Mayer in round 1 and then spend a second day pick on someone like Tucker Kraft? Go double TE like the Pats did with Gronk/Hernandez in 2010.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 07:47 AM)Synric Wrote: All 32 teams would really. Michael Mayer might have the highest floor of any prospect in this draft class. What you see is what you are going to get a productive receiving TE that moves the chains that is also a reliable blocker attached to the line or in space. He isn't quick or fast so he won't create alot of seperation but hes physical with a good catch radius which makes him excellent at contested catches. 

The one negative about Michael Mayer that I've heard alot is "Can't a team target Dalton Kincaid or Sam Laporta on day 2 and get the exact same guy?" and there is some truth to that.

That's always admittedly been something I look for in prospects, honestly.
Get guys who you can be pretty confident will at least be solid.
In the 1st round, I look for someone who profiles as a solid starter floor but an elite ceiling.
I really do not like projects before Day 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mayer would be an absolute beast but he will be gone before we pick. That being said take a look at this kid from Oregon State in the 2nd or third round. Kid can play too

https://www.draftdive.com/luke-musgrave-scouting-report/
Reply/Quote

:lol:

Reply/Quote