Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Of My Favorite Slot Guys 2023 Draft
I've heard player comps for JSN to Amon-Ra St. Brown and I like that comparison. Hes not quit big enough or fast/explosive enough to be a consistent threat on the boundary but he has just about every other quality in a receiver that's going to make him on the leagues premier slot receivers.

Does that fit the Bengals? Not really. The Bengals have a special talent at WR named Ja'Marr Chase. He is a guy that needs 40% of the slot reps just for matchup opportunities. So the Bengals need a guy that can be a threat on the boundary and the slot to replace Boyd. That means as a boundary receiver he has to be physical enough to climb the ladder for those back shoulder and 50/50 balls Joey B loves to throw.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 04:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I've heard player comps for JSN to Amon-Ra St. Brown and I like that comparison. Hes not quit big enough or fast/explosive enough to be a consistent threat on the boundary but he has just about every other quality in a receiver that's going to make him on the leagues premier slot receivers.

Does that fit the Bengals? Not really. The Bengals have a special talent at WR named Ja'Marr Chase. He is a guy that needs 40% of the slot reps just for matchup opportunities. So the Bengals need a guy that can be a threat on the boundary and the slot to replace Boyd. That means as a boundary receiver he has to be physical enough to climb the ladder for those back shoulder and 50/50 balls Joey B loves to throw.

Watch the 2022 Rose Bowl when he went up against a CB that will be a 1st round pick this year and tell me he can't play the slot and some outside. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 05:35 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Watch the 2022 Rose Bowl when he went up against a CB that will be a 1st round pick this year and tell me he can't play the slot and some outside. 

So one play changes the complete profile? No. It is what it is and its not like him the only one saying this its quite a common profile for JSN. He's a two way go guy and that its fine his skillset is very dangerous I just don't like it for the Bengals because it limits versatility with Ja'Marr Chase. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 09:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He seems to think that JSN was selfishly sitting out all season to protect his payday, and not out there giving it up for his team.

Yeah, I get that, but it seems like he feels that there is more selfish behavior or some off field problem to mention him like you would Antonio Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 03:52 PM)Tomcat Wrote: JSN tried to comeback and play 2 or 3 times after he injured his Hammy in game one, so it's not like the Dude just quit after the first game. If he's there i take him, just watch the 2022 Rose Bowl.

There is just no getting this guy off his "We lost the National Championship because of him" mentality.  I'm done trying.  Thankfully, I know the Bengals know about him and if he somehow slips...

Really doubtful, though, as he is likely to light up the combine when people see his skills 100% healthy.  Although I have not heard that he is 100% healthy.  
Reply/Quote
I wonder if there are any potential Deebo Samuel types who could split time between slot and RB in this draft. That type of player might be a good compliment to a guy like Perine. 
Reply/Quote