Hayden Hurst
Samaje Perine
Eli Apple
Trey Flowers
Brandon Allen
Mitchell Wilcox 
Michael Thomas 

Don't Resign:
Germaine Pratt (Only because I think he'll get too much money, if he's affordable I'd definitely keep him)
Jessie Bates
Max Scharping
Drew Sample
Traveyon Williams
Trent Taylor
Clark Harris 

Release:
La'el Collins OT (When possible)
Joe Mixon RB

Free Agents:
Mike McGlinchey OT 
[Image: r610591_1296x729_16-9.jpg]
Leighton Vander Esch LB
[Image: K6FPQXMC4JB4VJZH5SAJUZRSBE.jpg]

Round 1 Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama
[Image: jahmyr-gibbs.jpg]

With RT taken care of in Free Agency the Bengals can take the Best Player Available approach at the end of Round 1. Selecting Gibbs would take this offense to another level. Gibbs compares to Alvin Kamara/Travis Etienne and has the speed and change of direction to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball.

Round 2 Zach Harrison DE Ohio State
[Image: BJBBSQ3B6ZAOTHOIK7W3E4DUVE.jpg]

The Bengals seem to have a type with Defensive ends and Harrison fits the mold. Tall strong player who can hold the edge but still has the ability to rush the passer. A bit raw but could learn a lot from Hubbard/Hendrickson and can contribute in a rotation from day one.

Round 3 Andrew Vorhees OG USC
[Image: Andrew-Vorhees-OL-USC-NFL-Draft-Scouting-Report.jpeg]

Versatile lineman who will instantly challenge Volson for the starting left guard spot

Round 4 Josh Whyle TE UC
[Image: USATSI_17292664_168386526_lowres.jpg]

One of my favorite players in the draft. All around tight end who was underused at UC. Can start as TE #2 and learn behind Hurst until eventually becoming the starter. 

Round 5 Carrington Valentine CB Kentucky 
[Image: 11323866.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,of...height=630]

This CB class seems pretty deep, picking Valentine in the 5th would be a steal. Local player who started on the outside for Kentucky. Should at least be quality depth while he develops. I expect him to rise throughout the draft process

Round 6 Demarcco Hellams S 
[Image: 2V22WEVLHVH5VOGLHAEGQBXAQA.jpg]

Hard hitting Safety who could use some time behind Bell to improve in coverage. 

Round 7 Joseph Ngata WR Clemson
[Image: 319653]

While Ngata struggled with injuries during his time at Clemson, when he was healthy playing with DJU did him no favors. Ngata showed well during practice for the NFLPA Colliegete bowl and got upgraded to the Shrine Bowl. I think Ngata is a sleeper and a good late round find.

Undrafted Free Agents:

Jack Colletto FB Oregon State
[Image: 11291799.jpeg]

Colletto is a weapon and one of my favorite players in the draft. He projects to a FB/H Back or maybe even TE but has also played RB, Wildcat QB and LB. at Oregon State. Not exactly sure how he translates to the NFL but I would be thrilled to add him to the squad as a UDFA. 

Lou Hedley P Miami 
[Image: 1181297152.jpeg]
Badass Punter to compete with Chrisman.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 09:15 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Free Agency

Resign:
Von Bell
Hayden Hurst
Samaje Perine
Eli Apple
Trey Flowers
Brandon Allen
Mitchell Wilcox 
Michael Thomas 

Don't Resign:
Germaine Pratt (Only because I think he'll get too much money, if he's affordable I'd definitely keep him)
Jessie Bates
Max Scharping
Drew Sample
Traveyon Williams
Trent Taylor
Clark Harris 

Release:
La'el Collins OT (When possible)
Joe Mixon RB

Free Agents:
Mike McGlinchey OT 

Im ok with your free agency decisions with our guys but while McGlinchey would be better than LC he is still not a very good pass protector.  And we cannot cut LC until he is healthy.

Vander Esch was a 1st round pick and the Cowboys didnt utilize his 5th year extension, they did sign him cheap, but now he has a had a good year.  I dont see the need to waste money on the other LB spot as we are preparing to extend Logan and have ADG and Bailey.

I dont see Gibbs as a Rd 1 pick.

Harrison is a boom or bust player, so many really good edges this draft why take a chance this early?

A Guard at 3 isnt very exciting and there is a good chance that Volson improves.  So many really good players on the board in the 3rd round.

I like Whyle, I dont think he is the answer to our need for more explosive plays in the future, but he is solid. 

CBs could be decimated by round 5, but Valentine could be a depth piece.

Hellams is solid in the 6th round, if he is there.

Ngata has a crappy QBR but 7th round is what it is. 

I think I can say that I would not do any of this, but thanks for sharing.

Reply/Quote