Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE Snap Count
Against the Cards, Eifert played 18 snaps. Sample 15. Uzomah played 43 snaps.

It kind of makes sense to trade Eifert IF they can get a decent offer for him with his usage being so limited. He looks like a shell of his former self, but supposedly the Patriots are interested in him.
Reply/Quote
It makes no sense why Taylor is not calling two TE sets. Eifert is so damn slow now and lost his agility.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It makes no sense why Taylor is not calling two TE sets.  Eifert is so damn slow now and lost his agility.

Agreed. He looks like he's made of tin out there. Sad to see.

We'll probably sign him again next year to a 1 year deal.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Against the Cards, Eifert played 18 snaps. Sample 15. Uzomah played 43 snaps.

It kind of makes sense to trade Eifert IF they can get a decent offer for him with his usage being so limited. He looks like a shell of his former self, but supposedly the Patriots are interested in him.

Somehow if we sent him to Patriots we would get screwed on the deal. But I agree, as long as we get good value out of him then ship him off.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It makes no sense why Taylor is not calling two TE sets.  Eifert is so damn slow now and lost his agility.

This team's offensive philosophy doesn't match the players they have.
This team primarily runs 3 WRs. The TE is the 4th/5th on the pecking order.
This team was supposed to be a run-oriented team yet has guys who cannot run block (or pass block for that matter).

Given the injuries to Green and Ross, the following receivers need to be starting:
WR - Boyd, Tate
TE - Uzomah, Eifert
RB - Mixon

Once Green is back, put him in Tate's spot and have Tate rotate with one of the TEs depending on whether they want more or less of a receiving threat.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This team's offensive philosophy doesn't match the players they have.
This team was supposed to be a run-oriented team yet has guys who cannot run block (or pass block for that matter).

Given the injuries to Green and Ross, the following receivers need to be starting:
WR - Boyd, Tate
TE - Uzomah, Eifert
RB - Mixon

Once Green is back, put him in Tate's spot and have Tate rotate with one of the TEs depending on whether they want more or less of a receiving threat.

Instead of Eifert, I'd rather see more of Gio out there used as a hybrid slot, as he should have been for the last 3 years now while also rotating in to give Mixon a breather at back. Boyd, Tate, Gio, Uzo, and Mixon. Gio is best when he has space to make cuts, not slamming up the middle 5 times a game. Its not even trying to get the most of his contract, but out of his skillset that the Bengals have ignored for far too long.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Honestly, it looks as if Eifert is playing timid out there. Hard to really blame the guy given his history of injuries, but he is definitely not at the level he used to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Instead of Eifert, I'd rather see more of Gio out there used as a hybrid slot, as he should have been for the last 3 years now while also rotating in to give Mixon a breather at back. Boyd, Tate, Gio, Uzo, and Mixon. Gio is best when he has space to make cuts, not slamming up the middle 5 times a game. Its not even trying to get the most of his contract, but out of his skillset that the Bengals have ignored for far too long.

Yes. So I get that we have injuries...but Bernard and Mixon should be able to be used creatively like you mention. We just don't.

How about bringing Bernard in motion and faking a jet sweep to him? 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Instead of Eifert, I'd rather see more of Gio out there used as a hybrid slot, as he should have been for the last 3 years now while also rotating in to give Mixon a breather at back. Boyd, Tate, Gio, Uzo, and Mixon. Gio is best when he has space to make cuts, not slamming up the middle 5 times a game. Its not even trying to get the most of his contract, but out of his skillset that the Bengals have ignored for far too long.

I should have added that this staff also doesn't know how to utilize two RBs effectively either.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:43 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Honestly, it looks as if Eifert is playing timid out there.  Hard to really blame the guy given his history of injuries, but he is definitely not at the level he used to be.

If Eifert continues this trajectory, he will have been paid $4 mill for 302 yards and 3 TDs. He should thank Mike Brown for that contract if it ends up that way.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This team's offensive philosophy doesn't match the players they have.

WR - Boyd, Tate
TE - Uzomah, Eifert
RB - Mixon

I do not understand why this team does not put the offense on Mixon's back and use 2 TE sets then do some post routes or something.  My only guess is that Taylor knows the O-Line is not getting any push at LOS.  This occurred during the Preseason and is continuing through 5 weeks of regular season.  

The only change would be Uzi and Sample.  Eifert is shit for a blocker.  and he is SLOW.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 03:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not understand why this team does not put the offense on Mixon's back and use 2 TE sets then do some post routes or something.  My only guess is that Taylor knows the O-Line is not getting any push at LOS.  This occurred during the Preseason and is continuing through 5 weeks of regular season.  

The only change would be Uzi and Sample.  Eifert is shit for a blocker.  and he is SLOW.  

It's interesting you say that, as Mixon's YPC has been going up each week for the past 3 games now.

I think the reason we might not be seeing Sample as much as teams know he's not a proven receiving threat and may stack the LOS more expecting a run.

Given the injuries to Green and Ross, this team does need to prioritize the run, as the WRs are not good enough overall to handle a heavy passing game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. He looks like he's made of tin out there. Sad to see.

We'll probably sign him again next year to a 1 year deal.  Hilarious

I am reading that Eifert has some trade value.  Why not trade him for 4th or 5th rounder?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's interesting you say that, as Mixon's YPC has been going up each week for the past 3 games now.

I think the reason we might not be seeing Sample as much as teams know he's not a proven receiving threat and may stack the LOS more expecting a run.

Given the injuries to Green and Ross, this team does need to prioritize the run, as the WRs are not good enough overall to handle a heavy passing game.

Bengals have to get more creative with the run and use bubble screens with Gio.  Where the Hell is Gio?  My God....

Sample can catch the ball.  Give the rookie a chance and lets see what he can do.  Please trade Eifert because honestly, why is he playing on this team other than loyalty reasons.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
This team was supposed to be a run-oriented team yet has guys who cannot run block (or pass block for that matter).

WR - Boyd, Tate
TE - Uzomah, Eifert
RB - Mixon

And, for some reason, we re-signed Eifert and Uzomah and spent a 2nd round pick on a TE.

Reply/Quote