Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TE position
Should the Bengals stick with Sample or use Moss more at TE? I noticed there are quite a few TE's on the active roster. I would consider the position a WR4 and blocker.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
If Moss makes the team, it will be as TE3. On this team that role is almost exclusively on special teams. He would have to beat out Mitchell Wilcox for that spot. He is not fast enough in straight line speed nor quick enough in direction changes to be a WR. He is the smallest TE on the roster which hurts him in the role the TE plays on this team.
If I had to rank him he is our 5th TE at this point in time. We’ll see in the preseason games where he will likely get a lot of opportunities to show much he improved since last year

Locks
Hayden Hurst
Drew Sample

Probably
Mitchell Wilcox

PS
Scotty Washington

Maybe PS
Thad Moss

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 04:06 AM)pally Wrote: If I had to rank him he is our 5th TE at this point in time.  We’ll see in the preseason games where he will likely get a lot of opportunities how much he improved since last year

Locks
Hayden Hurst
Drew Sample

Probably
Mitchell Wilcox

PS
Scotty Washington

Maybe PS
Thad Moss

This.
Reply/Quote
Odds are thin he makes the team... I give him 20% chance
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Scotty Washington or even the other UDFA Justin Rigg could surprise if they can play ST's.

I don't see Moss making the team, he has had his chances and he can't even beat out Wilcox.

Moss also looks slow out there.
Reply/Quote
Moss = not nfl starting caliber
Reply/Quote
I'll be pretty surprised if Moss makes the team. Maybe the PS but I'm not even so sure about that ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure if he wasn't buds with JoeyB he would already be gone.
Reply/Quote