Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TERRIBLE Play-Calling
(11-24-2019, 08:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I know who made that post and could probably go dig it up, but not sure I want to make the effort.

It's a well known anti-Dalton poster on the board. Made a post sometime in the last couple of weeks that Dalton has always been surround by ultra elite and elite talent and is just a garbage QB. One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Wait for Finey to win a game. here will be the drum beat of those saying "He won where Andy couldn't." They are confused on what to do now, but once someone falls backwards into a win, they will be back. 

Remember, we were losing last year with Driskel. Then this year with Dalton and now with Finley. Maybe QB isn't the biggest problem, but let's try the 3rd stringer and fire this team up. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Management has to be looking forward to the 1 or 2 wins against bad teams at the end of the year to be like...Wow - The staff improved things!

You know that's what MB is hoping for.
Reply/Quote
It worked for Marvin before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this was the 14 or 17 second drive.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:39 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Interesting that you see all of this now. I've been preaching that since before I joined this board, but heard very little of it from the people dragging their hatred for Dalton into every thread. DT cut by another team? 10 pages, 9 about Dalton, almost all of it by people that have never played QB in their life.

Here's a hint to the clueless people that only follow the ball.

QBs that throw to where the receiver is going, get intercepted a lot and don't last in the NFL(Bird Dogging)

QBs that throw where the defenders aren't and make receivers adjust to the throws last a long time in this league(reading the defense)

90% of the time I passed the ball over 5 yards past the line of scrimmage was dictated by where the safeties were compared to the routes that were called for that play. Dan Marino was probably the best that I ever studied at pre-snap reads. "OK, the #2 and #3 options are DOA on this snap, I need to get the 4th option's attention to either run the hot route for this play or completely audible his route altogether without alerting the defense to make a switch because he's now the #2 and I won't have enough time for him to run an intricate 4th option route".

Like it or not, Dalton is pretty damn good at reading a defense, BUT . . . when you have no running game, WRs have no separation, they rarely throw the ball deep early to push the safeties back and the OC never runs a crossing route to create an opening, reading a defense well isn't going to help much.

Hell, most of those folks never played a down, let alone QB.  Nice breakdown.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote