Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEs and RBs
Have a combined 14 recieving TDs against us vs just 11 by Wrs. Man that just shows how bad the middle of the defense is. Especially our LB unit it's just not built for today's NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No doubt. Evans and Nickerson wouldn't start on any other team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt. Evans and Nickerson wouldn't start on any other team in the league.

Nickerson wouldn't be on any other team; Brown and Rey should not have been here to begin with.
J24

Reply/Quote
Is it just me or have the Bengals ALWAYS struggled covering TEs over the middle? Even when our defenses were good.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Nickerson wouldn't be on any other team; Brown and Rey should not have been here to begin with.

Exactly. V Rey is the current version of Canute Curtis, the fact they pay him something like $2 - $2.5M per year to be a useless backup is hilarious. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Nickerson wouldn't be on any other team; Brown and Rey should not have been here to begin with.

Brown was actually an average LB on Buffalo. He's totally tanked here for whatever reason.

No free agent LB in his right mind will want to come here. They come on 1 year deals to build value and DESTROY it.
Reply/Quote
I mean people are over stating how well back ups should play. They are all backups who would be back ups in a lot of teams, the issue is we are giving them significant playing time.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it just me or have the Bengals ALWAYS struggled covering TEs over the middle? Even when our defenses were good.

I can't remember the last time we could.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean people are over stating how well back ups should play. They are all backups who would be back ups in a lot of teams, the issue is we are giving them significant playing time.

Brown is a starter. Burfict is. Evans was earmarked for time.

Other teams have injuries at LB and rookies step in and play decent.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it just me or have the Bengals ALWAYS struggled covering TEs over the middle? Even when our defenses were good.

Legit question...was Marvin's defense in Baltimore able to cover TEs/RBs?
I think Marvin plays a big role in the LBs that are brought in and I don't think he knows the proper skill set to defend against good pass catching RBs and TEs. And back when he was a DC, RBs and TEs weren't nearly as big of receiving threats as they are now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown is a starter. Burfict is. Evans was earmarked for time.

Other teams have injuries at LB and rookies step in and play decent.

I'm not so sure about Burfict anymore. I know he might be playing injured but he seems neutered this year. Brown, ehh....
Your last sentence is all Merv and his buddy Haslet! The good ol'boy system at it's best... 
Reply/Quote
These linebackers are so slow they make Rey Maualuga look like Usain Bolt in comparison.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown was actually an average LB on Buffalo. He's totally tanked here for whatever reason.

No free agent LB in his right mind will want to come here. They come on 1 year deals to build value and DESTROY it.

Brown wasn't getting any bite outside of us because teams new what he was. I will say in his defense he did have an ankle Injury but he wasn't going to be a 3 down player anyways.
NFl player isn't going to think the way you think if the deal is a good deal they will sign.
J24

Reply/Quote