Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THERE SHOULD BE NO PRO BOWL
EIFERT......Paul Brown preached to the NFL how stupid the College All-Stars playing the NFL Champion/ Super Bowl Winner was. This game was in the summer and Paul Browns point was you scout and draft these players and then the best aren't in camp but in camp for this dumb game, and injuries would set NFL teams way back. It took NFL a few years as they held on to the tradition of this game, but finally they listened and got rid of this pointless game......Now The Pro Bowl is another stupid tradition that should have had a stake driven through it's heart long ago. Announcers covering this game since 1970's have talked of how boring it is. So many agree it is the most boring and pointless of all NFL Exhibition Games. Add to it that you CAN NOT put a football team together in ONE WEEK and play good football. THE WORST PART is teams sending their best, their franchise players, and the chance of INJURY while not playing for their teams. Eifert was missing most of 2016 over this dumb game. What if it was Dalton. Imagine a team losing it's quarterback in this dumb game. Of how about losing an AJ Green or Atkins or Dunlap in this dumb game. Every NFL team is at risk of losing a top player in these stupid Pro Bowl Games. JUST STOP THEM FOREVER. NO MORE...To the part of the NFL or Fans that like this game, they are the minority. TV Ratings for this game are low, half the stadium empty and most people hate this game. Those who like it must be over ruled. THIS GAME MUST STOP. Just as Paul Brown talked the NFL in dumping The College All-Stars against the Super Bowl Winner Game, This also stupid Pro Bowl needs to be STOPPED. It should have been stopped decades ago from lack of viewers and possible injuries. Imagine if you will a team planning it's draft, and suddenly a star player gets injured for a year or a career in this dumb game. Suddenly that changes the draft, the team, it's no good for the team, the player or the fans. .....To those that say injuries can't happen in this game I point out Eifert, Drew Brees, Robert Edwards. I'm sure there are more not listed on internet since game started in 1950. I'm sure more teams star players have been banged up in this dumb game than the NFL wants to admit to. .....If Paul Brown could get owners to stop College All-Star Game, then the owners could and should stop this boring game. Every time you take the field you risk injury, even in this dumb game. This would be the most stupid game to get injured in. Eifert getting injured in this and out for Bengals was the most stupid way to lose him, Injured while not even playing for Bengals. Just stupid. He will not be the last player injured in this dumb game. JUST STOP IT.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You are right my friend ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the Pro Bowl game is a novelty whose time has come to pass. However, the NFL could hold an All-Star game of sorts, and actually get players to want to play in it. Make it an all-star game comprised of only players still in their rookie contracts. Nice cash bonus to all players, but double for the winning team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, the Pro Bowl game is a novelty whose time has come to pass.  However, the NFL could hold an All-Star game of sorts, and actually get players to want to play in it.  Make it an all-star game comprised of only players still in their rookie contracts.  Nice cash bonus to all players, but double for the winning team.

Sorry, but that would be bringing back the game Paul Brown had them dump in early 70's.  Just dump the Pro Bowl and put the off week waiting for Super Bowl focus on The College Senior Bowl. Guys trying to move up in the draft with a good showing.  .....The NFL is a collision sport. Any exhibition game means possible injury. The big hope in preseason games is no injuries. No, there is no place for All-Star games in the NFL. Eifert lost for most of the season. For what ? For What ? Stop these things......The 2 weeks before the Super Bowl is on that, not this dumb Pro Bowl. People are getting ready for the Super Bowl. Nobody cares about this game. Most clubs don't even turn it on. The Super Bowl is the thing, not this dumb game. The NFL has great play-offs football, then the worst game of the year, and then the Super Bowl. Just dump the worst game of the year. It has no part in here with play-off Championship football. My guess is most sports clubs have basketball or golf on this weekend. I never see people all into watching the NFL Pro Bowl. Nobody cares about this dumb game.

Other than the Pro Bowl, I'm for bringing back Wide World Of Sports and the weekend before Super Bowl have figure 8 demolition car race in old metal clunkers, or big fat Hawaii guys cliff diving, or bring back roller derby with big women that look like middle linebackers. Anything but the NFL Pro Bowl. Is there a rugby game anywhere. Maybe London can give us something, like a top rugby game the weekend before Super Bowl or a top soccer game...Then there is hockey...anything but Pro Bowl. Get rid of it. My guess is there is a good basketball match-up this weekend somewhere, Has to be. We are heading into February. Time to make NCAA or NBA Play-Off hunt drive for some teams on the bubble. Maybe battle of the liberal and conservative media stars. Bill Maher vs Bill O'Reilly in championship carnival bumper car match. Junk sports. Anything but Pro Bowl. Maybe The Great Lebowski Trophy Bowl Off. Bowling. TV Bowling. Maybe the great senior resort shuffleboard championship, this time, It's for REAL. Championship Bingo and old women that can do 50 cards at once and just watch that amazing magic marker action...anything but Pro Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:45 AM)kevin Wrote: Sorry, but that would be bringing back the game Paul Brown had them dump in early 70's.  Just dump the Pro Bowl and put the off week waiting for Super Bowl focus on The College Senior Bowl. Guys trying to move up in the draft with a good showing.  .....The NFL is a collision sport. Any exhibition game means possible injury. The big hope in preseason games is no injuries. No, there is no place for All-Star games in the NFL.  Eifert lost for most of the season. For what ?  For What ?  Stop these things......The 2 weeks before the Super Bowl is on that, not this dumb Pro Bowl. People are getting ready for the Super Bowl. Nobody cares about this game. Most clubs don't even turn it on. The Super Bowl is the thing, not this dumb game.  The NFL has great play-offs football, then the worst game of the year, and then the Super Bowl.  Just dump the worst game of the year. It has no part in here with play-off Championship football. My guess is most sports clubs have basketball or golf on this weekend. I never see people all into watching the NFL Pro Bowl.  Nobody cares about this dumb game.

Other than the Pro Bowl, I'm for bringing back Wide World Of Sports and the weekend before Super Bowl have figure 8 demolition car race in old metal clunkers, or big fat Hawaii guys cliff diving, or bring back roller derby with big women that look like middle linebackers. Anything but the NFL Pro Bowl.  Is there a rugby game anywhere. Maybe London can give us something, like a top rugby game the weekend before Super Bowl or a top soccer game...Then there is hockey...anything but Pro Bowl. Get rid of it. My guess is there is a good basketball match-up this weekend somewhere, Has to be. We are heading into February. Time to make NCAA or NBA Play-Off hunt drive for some teams on the bubble. Maybe battle of the liberal and conservative media stars. Bill Maher vs Bill O'Reilly in championship carnival bumper car match. Junk sports. Anything but Pro Bowl. Maybe The Great Lebowski Trophy Bowl Off. Bowling. TV Bowling.  Maybe the great senior resort shuffleboard championship, this time, It's for REAL.  Championship Bingo and old women that can do 50 cards at once and just watch that amazing magic marker action...anything but Pro Bowl.

Meh, it's lame, but people will still watch.  I'll watch the NHL All -Star game tomorrow, too.  Those guys know how to do an All-Star game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
it's the only nationally televised game the bengals play good in
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 01:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, it's lame, but people will still watch.  I'll watch the NHL All -Star game tomorrow, too.  Those guys know how to do an All-Star game.
NHL is hands down the best all star event.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:19 PM)jason Wrote: NHL is hands down the best all star event.

It was a helluva game.  Will make the Pro Bowl look like a joke.
Reply/Quote
Oddly enough, the Pro Bowl sold out. I guess the flight to Hawaii makes a difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, the Pro Bowl sold out.  I guess the flight to Hawaii makes a difference.

And, at any given time, there's tons of people in Orlando on vacation.  It's a good set-up for a sell-out.
Reply/Quote
may be one of the worst 1st quarters of any NFL game, ever.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote