Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
Lovie Smith went 17-39 as head coach at Illinois and ended up with an NFL head coaching job.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lovie Smith went 17-39 as head coach at Illinois and ended up with an NFL head coaching job.

Nowhere in the thread was this oversimplified into "He did bad in college so why did he get a job in the NFL"

I went pretty in depth on Zac. His resume not being NFL qualified is way more than him doing bad at A and M and UC.

Even trying to make this correlation to Lovie Smith is crazy. Lovies got a resume going back 30 years with success at every level.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 05:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Nowhere in the thread was this oversimplified into "He did bad in college so why did he get a job in the NFL"

I went pretty in depth on Zac. His resume not being NFL qualified is way more than him doing bad at A and M and UC.

Even trying to make this correlation to Lovie Smith is crazy. Lovies got a resume going back 30 years with success at every level.

Fired from the Bears
Fired from the Buccaneers
Fired from Illinois

You asked for an example. And you got one
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 01:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fired from the Bears
Fired from the Buccaneers
Fired from Illinois

You asked for an example. And you got one

It’s a horrible example tho

I feel like I’m disrespecting the sport even discussing it

Smith has success everywhere

He’s being hired for previous success which isn’t the same as being hired because you know Sean McVay
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 05:27 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s a horrible example tho

He’s being hired for previous success which isn’t the same as being hired because you know Sean McVay

But he knows Dungy...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 05:27 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s a horrible example tho

Last 16 years of head coaching and he is 5-10-1
5 seasons with a winning record
10 season with a losing record
1 .500 season
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 09:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Last 16 years of head coaching and he is 5-10-1
1 .500 season

Ok so Lovie Smith is just as good as Zac Taylor?

Not getting snippy i just don’t understand the point you are trying to make.

Is the point that Lovie Smith and Zac Taylor are the same caliber coach?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 09:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Last 16 years of head coaching and he is 5-10-1
1 .500 season

Find me a black coach with a similar path as Zac Taylor and I’ll Cashapp you 20$.

DM Cashapp handle if you find one

I’m this confident that there isn’t one
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 06:06 PM)Housh Wrote: Ok so Lovie Smith is just as good as Zac Taylor?

Not getting snippy i just don’t understand the point you are trying to make.

Is the point that Lovie Smith and Zac Taylor are the same caliber coach?

I’m just providing a counter point to your racism claim. If you think being fired from his last three head coaching jobs and leading his teams to only 5 winning seasons in the last 16 years is a quality resume.

Then yes. There is definitely some racial bias going on here. But it’s coming from you.
Reply/Quote
This thread is a whole bunch of racism wah. "Don't come in here to be negative" while you proceed to be negative the whole post.

Wah.

You act like only white people get promotions they didn't deserve. Try working in a company like a large grocery store chain where qualified white people keep getting passed over for a promotion because they need to find a Hispanic or a Black person to keep their quota to shut up racism Karens. I then had to work for an underqualified person BECAUSE THEY WERE FORCED TO FOCUS ON RACE OR GENDER INSTEAD OF QUALIFICATIONS. If they can get a female person of color, well Hell! That's a two'fer. In some people's minds, that's progress but all it does is reward underqualified people more than it balances the system. Isn't that what you're bitching about? Underqualified people getting promotions, except this is openly based on their race, not in the shadows.

Life evolves and life changes. 33 years ago, Art Shell was the first black NFL head coach in the modern era. There were only 28 jobs at the time and there are only a handful of openings every year. Are there black head coaches in college tearing it up right now? Where are all of these highly qualified NFL candidates? Eric Bienemy? He doesn't even call the plays for his own offense and you want someone to just hand him the keys to a Billion dollar vehicle? 

I'm old enough to remember black people pounding the table complaining about not getting a chance to be directors or writers or producers in Hollywood. So Columbia Pictures said "OK, we'll give you a shot" while they created a production company, hired Richard Pryor and gave him full freedom. A few years later, he came up with one film, Jo Jo Dancer. A boring film based loosely about the life of Richard Pryor Starring, Produced, Directed and Co-Written by Richard Pryor and that was pretty much it for the bitching and complaining about black people not getting a chance to call the shots in Hollywood. Be careful what you wish for.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:52 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This thread is a whole bunch of racism wah. "Don't come in here to be negative" while you proceed to be negative the whole post.

Wah.

You act like only white people get promotions they didn't deserve. Try working in a company like a large grocery store chain where qualified white people keep getting passed over for a promotion because they need to find a Hispanic or a Black person to keep their quota to shut up racism Karens. I then had to work for an underqualified person BECAUSE THEY WERE FORCED TO FOCUS ON RACE OR GENDER INSTEAD OF QUALIFICATIONS. If they can get a female person of color, well Hell! That's a two'fer. In some people's minds, that's progress but all it does is reward underqualified people more than it balances the system. Isn't that what you're bitching about? Underqualified people getting promotions, except this is openly based on their race, not in the shadows.

Life evolves and life changes. 33 years ago, Art Shell was the first black NFL head coach in the modern era. There were only 28 jobs at the time and there are only a handful of openings every year. Are there black head coaches in college tearing it up right now? Where are all of these highly qualified NFL candidates? Eric Bienemy? He doesn't even call the plays for his own offense and you want someone to just hand him the keys to a Billion dollar vehicle? 

I'm old enough to remember black people pounding the table complaining about not getting a chance to be directors or writers or producers in Hollywood. So Columbia Pictures said "OK, we'll give you a shot" while they created a production company, hired Richard Pryor and gave him full freedom. A few years later, he came up with one film, Jo Jo Dancer. A boring film based loosely about the life of Richard Pryor Starring, Produced, Directed and Co-Written by Richard Pryor and that was pretty much it for the bitching and complaining about black people not getting a chance to call the shots in Hollywood. Be careful what you wish for.

How about you actually engage OP instead of going on some unhinged rant about affirmative action? I understand their assertion to be that underqualified black coaches aren't given the same opportunities as underqualified white coaches. Do you have any argument against that assertion?
Reply/Quote
I can absolutely see how white guys often have an advantage. Something I'd sometimes, but not necessarily always contribute to hidden racism. I'd say often it's connections to influential people, which sure often are the white folks, but aren't inherently just white folks.

As for Zac Taylor though, I find it tough to evaluate him having merits or don't having the merits and getting promoted anyway so easily. Coaching is a bit more complex and talent in that field imho can not be broken down to resumés so swiftly. There's just too many unknowns, like did he get a specific jobs because of connections, or did he have actually good ideas he presented well etc. etc. - just in case of the Rams, I can not quite imagine his race played a big part in his promotion to QB coach. I doubt McVay would have done that if he hadn't thought Zac was the best guy for the job in a highly success-oriented business.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:52 AM)treee Wrote: How about you actually engage OP instead of going on some unhinged rant about affirmative action? 
I did. I didn't quote him directly but I mostly responded to the first post which is just asking to be mocked.

Quote:I understand their assertion to be that underqualified black coaches aren't given the same opportunities as underqualified white coaches. Do you have any argument against that assertion?

I don't give a ****.

I've never once in my life started a sentence or have ever hung out with anybody that started a sentence "In the white community . . ." or the other classic not used yet "Well, as a white man, I feel that . . ." and when I hear it from the other side, I usually instantly tune them out. I never complained about Kaepernick or the kneeling, I never bitched about BLM, I was on their side for both, but sometimes it just comes across as "wah" and, to me, this is one of those times. This guy just needs to see it to believe it . . . see his awesome I've Never Seen Burrow Fail thread for proof. Genius.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I did. I didn't quote him directly but I mostly responded to the first post which is just asking to be mocked.

I don't give a ****.

I've never once in my life started a sentence or have ever hung out with anybody that started a sentence "In the white community . . ." or the other classic not used yet "Well, as a white man, I feel that . . ." and when I hear it from the other side, I usually instantly tune them out. I never complained about Kaepernick or the kneeling, I never bitched about BLM, I was on their side for both, but sometimes it just comes across as "wah" and, to me, this is one of those times. This guy just needs to see it to believe it . . . see his awesome I've Never Seen Burrow Fail thread for proof. Genius.

That's good, because those people are, statistically, one of the most dangerous groups of people in this country :)
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 11:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I’m just providing a counter point to your racism claim. If you think being fired from his last three head coaching jobs and leading his teams to only 5 winning seasons in the last 16 years is a quality resume.

Then yes. There is definitely some racial bias going on here. But it’s coming from you.

Well everyone has racial bias

I do.

I won’t even act like I’m better than that.

It’s just a matter of how much your bias influences your actions. Mine does not. White black yellow or purple, I’m testing everyone the same way. Asshole gets the ass hole treatment, cool person gets the cool treatment.

I think enclosed bubbles like the NFL have issues with letting their racial bias’s influence them because they only answer to themselves AND there is no real competitor so if you wanna play football or coach at the highest level you’ve GOT to deal with the NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:52 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This thread is a whole bunch of racism wah. "Don't come in here to be negative" while you proceed to be negative the whole post.

Wah.

Comment on the Richard Pryor thing…

If you seriously think he has full control of that thing, then you are smokin crack.

Whenever you see a black person in charge of ANYTHING they don’t solely own just know they aren’t being allowed to do everything they want.

Examples…..Ryan Coogler the director of Black Panther has pretty much full control over Black Panther but Disney oversees him so he can’t put everything he wants in those movies. He’s done interviews about Black Panther 1 where he said he wanted to add way more stuff but couldn’t.

Look at all the cities with black police chiefs, Mayors, etc. Yeah they have titles that SAY they are in charge but do you seriously think a black police chief/mayor can do what they want?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: I can absolutely see how white guys often have an advantage. Something I'd sometimes, but not necessarily always contribute to hidden racism. I'd say often it's connections to influential people, which sure often are the white folks, but aren't inherently just white folks.

As for Zac Taylor though, I find it tough to evaluate him having merits or don't having the merits and getting promoted anyway so easily. Coaching is a bit more complex and talent in that field imho can not be broken down to resumés so swiftly. There's just too many unknowns, like did he get a specific jobs because of connections, or did he have actually good ideas he presented well etc. etc. - just in case of the Rams, I can not quite imagine his race played a big part in his promotion to QB coach. I doubt McVay would have done that if he hadn't thought Zac was the best guy for the job in a highly success-oriented business.

Yeah. Iv been trying to research WHY McVay liked Zac and i couldn’t find anything.

It could be super complex or it could be as simple as he played against him in a random high school/college game and Zac may have did something that McVay thought was smart and he just thought Zac was a smart guy.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I did. I didn't quote him directly but I mostly responded to the first post which is just asking to be mocked.

I don't give a ****.

This is likely your issue

Can’t really talk about something if you think anyone complaining about anything is a whiner….

But let you not get treated with the respect you deserve and miss out on something you’ve earned then you’d probably be upset too.

I never understood the mindset of black ppl saying something is seen as whining. No other race of ppl accepts mistreatment and it’s as if black ppl are shamed for not just sitting back and taking bullshit

And you gotta admit, the Burrow fail thread was funny cmon
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah. Iv been trying to research WHY McVay liked Zac and i couldn’t find anything.

It could be super complex or it could be as simple as he played against him in a random high school/college game and Zac may have did something that McVay thought was smart and he just thought Zac was a smart guy.

I doubt you will find anything like that about 99% of the non-OC/DC coaches that get hired.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:44 PM)Housh Wrote: This is likely your issue

Can’t really talk about something if you think anyone complaining about anything is a whiner….

But let you not get treated with the respect you deserve and miss out on something you’ve earned then you’d probably be upset too.

I never understood the mindset of black ppl saying something is seen as whining. No other race of ppl accepts mistreatment and it’s as if black ppl are shamed for not just sitting back and taking bullshit

And you gotta admit, the Burrow fail thread was funny cmon

I don't know.  White men are kind of dismissed when they have any complaints now. Black people can straight up make fun of white people for "acting white" on TV.  It doesn't bother me personally.  It's usually pretty funny, but there has been a shift.

I think my biggest issue in this whole thing, and it's going to sound bad, but I don't really care all that much.  There are 32 jobs.  I am not going to concern myself with who is getting each of those 32 jobs.  I can assure you they are not concerned about you or me.  You talk about when black people can't get regular jobs which can affect hundreds of thousands, then I'm listening.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote