Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
I posted this in the NCAA section but i definitely think it crosses over into the topic of this thread too

It’s being reported that Herm Edwards own staff leaked info to opponents so he could get fired

Now that’s WILD. What if you leaked a play and a defender hits your running back just right and ends his career?

If this is true this story will be front and center very soon and race will be the headline

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1573328081393180672?s=46&t=HQYSayoyDS8Na3-72yu_4g
-Housh
Reply/Quote
That's shitty, if i was a member of any coaching staff, i'd be blackballing all of the coaches that were on his recent and not so recent staff. Innocent or not, don't care.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 02:00 PM)Housh Wrote: I posted this in the NCAA section but i definitely think it crosses over into the topic of this thread too

It’s being reported that Herm Edwards own staff leaked info to opponents so he could get fired

Now that’s WILD. What if you leaked a play and a defender hits your running back just right and ends his career?

If this is true this story will be front and center very soon and race will be the headline

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1573328081393180672?s=46&t=HQYSayoyDS8Na3-72yu_4g

So we are just jumping straight to it had to be a white guy who did it so he could get the black coach fired?

Marvin Lewis and his son are both on the staff. Maybe Marvin wants the job so he can promote his son?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 05:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So we are just jumping straight to it had to be a white guy who did it so he could get the black coach fired?

Marvin Lewis and his son are both on the staff. Maybe Marvin wants the job so he can promote his son?

Valid

I did kinda assume it was probably the white staffers

The whole report is unverified right now so we don’t even know this happened but yeah. IF it’s ever found out who exactly did it, and it was a white guy, race will be front and center in the media
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It's Miami week. I think the Brian Flores debacle is a possible better example than Taylor of race. I didn't follow it too closely, but if it's all true, then was the black coach expendable? Hired to be fired? That would concern me more than trying to figure out motivations behind each white guy getting hired instead of a black guy because there are just too many variables we don't know about.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2022/09/29/cincinnati-bengals-show-nfl-coaching-diversity-matter-priority/10438832002/

"the Bengals are the worst in the NFL, their staff a reflection of why the league is still struggling with systemic racism in hiring almost two decades after the adoption of the Rooney Rule.
If you wanted a case study of why the NFL’s diversity woes continue, the Bengals would be it.
Now they're just another team standing in the way of the NFL's progress on opportunity and equality. "

"Now, this isn’t to say owner Mike Brown, who also acts as the Bengals GM, or Taylor are racist. Or even aware of the biases and stereotypes reflected in Cincinnati’s staff."

Not saying?, ....as my Dad used to say...."spontaneous denial is just another way of admitting guilt".    That is exactly what Tom Schad and Steve Berkowitz and Nancy Armour  are saying---just using a disclaimer to avoid potential libel suit.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have shown plenty of diversity in their coaching staff throughout the years. Is there some rule that now states the teams must maintain a racially diverse staff at all times? I didn't think so.

Seems more like an activism motivated writer attempting to create news where there is none.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Now we know why they introduced the White Helments
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If you added up the years that each team has had a non-white head coach, the Bengals would be #1. There may be a lack of diversity on the staff now, but I don’t know that it’s a big issue given the Bengals history…we have never been reluctant to have people of color in important positions.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
****'s sake I hate people.
Reply/Quote
Uh Marvin Lewis was our coach for how many years? Literally carried the black head coach ratio for over a decade. Not to mention giving Hue Jackson his chance. Vance Joseph? Those are the ones on top of my head. Lot of white guys came through here too.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is a lot of things, but he's anything but racist in his hiring practices. If he had his way, there would have been a Hue Jackson era between the Lewis and Taylor ones.

I'm sure these writers put a lot of work into sniffing out this evil conspiracy, but the unwillingness to committing to calling the organization racist is a solid indicator that they know that they're full of shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Now we know why they introduced the White Helments

Better be careful there Fred Jr Tongue
Reply/Quote
MB has clearly shown diversity in the past and even refused to fire Marvin for years when the entire fan base wanted him to do so.

Not buying the narrative

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A couple of things:

The author is just trying to be controversial to drum up viewership; it's sleazy but it's business. For example, her latest article before this was about the Celtics and their organization protecting a coach of color at the expense of women. In this article, she makes no mention of the females in positions of power at Cincy

If her goal is to promote hiring coaches of color she does a shitty job of it in the article. "Hey the Bengals used to have a diverse staff and really never did shit, they go all white and make it to the Super Bowl"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The fact that dipsh!ts like the author are taken seriously by many is the larger societal issue.
Reply/Quote
Would it help appease this nonsense if they make every coach do a DNA test for ancestry alone? A 3rd party looks at only heredity so they don't cross the medical barrier and no names. Then you get to see a bunch of diverse countries represented within the one human race and we listen to Morgan Freeman and stop talking about it. Gal. 3:28 is bigger goal though.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A couple of things:

The author is just trying to be controversial to drum up viewership; it's sleazy but it's business. For example, her latest article before this was about the Celtics and their organization protecting a coach of color at the expense of women. In this article, she makes no mention of the females in positions of power at Cincy

If her goal is to promote hiring coaches of color she does a shitty job of it in the article. "Hey the Bengals used to have a diverse staff and really never did shit, they go all white and make it to the Super Bowl"

We do have Mike Browns children and grandchildren running a lot of management positions but idk if that counts for diversity since it’s family?

Side note: it’s not Mike Browns fault that Akili was such a bust it scared him away from black quarterbacks. (I jest of course but how many black QB’s have been on the team since the 90’s? Josh Johnson? And he’s played on I think every team in the league)
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 11:09 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you added up the years that each team has had a non-white head coach, the Bengals would be #1. There may be a lack of diversity on the staff now, but I don’t know that it’s a big issue given the Bengals history…we have never been reluctant to have people of color in important positions.

This article is so stupid. Like literally terrible and lazy. They even say:

"They made Marvin Lewis just the seventh Black head coach in NFL history, and helped Leslie Frazier, Hue Jackson and Vance Joseph on the path to that rare fraternity. Jackson was the rare Black offensive coordinator when he held that position in Cincinnati in 2014 and 2015. Katie Blackburn, the Bengals executive vice president and daughter of current owner Mike Brown, chaired the NFL’s diversity committee.

The Bengals were so intentional about breaking down barriers for coaches of color that the Fritz Pollard Alliance, a non-profit organization that champions diversity in the NFL, even gave Blackburn an award for the family’s efforts"

So that same person randomly become discriminatory and racist in a few years? No other factors could there be. 
Reply/Quote
Some people have an agenda.
Reply/Quote