Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ Houshmandzadeh Thinks bengals Offense Is Better Than '05
(06-25-2015, 02:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This may be the first actual debate we've had on here where we can actually have a semi-solid conclusion in due time.  In 2005 we had the 4th ranked offense...your move, 2015 squad!

Eh.

If the offense in 2015 is higher but we lose early in the playoffs again it will be, "2015 isn't better because in 2005 if Carson wouldn't have gone down we would have won the Super Bowl with that offense!" I guarantee a portion of the fanbase will value hypothetical Super Bowls over the real end of the year rank if this happens. On the flip side....

If the offense in 2005 is better, we get to hear "Yeah, but in 2015 our #6 WR and #3 C were injured for a few games and we ended the year with some amount of people on the IR, if we'd have been healthy this offense would have been #1!"

There are a few different factions with different beliefs on this board, and I honestly doubt there will ever be 1 thing that every single group will agree on. It's so predictable that their arguments are already laid out before the season happens. The only way we're going to get even remotely close to a consensus will be if the 2015 group finishes lower than 2005 without ANY injuries on the offensive side of the ball. Even if that happens, I'm sure we can figure out what some of the other excuses will be.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 02:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh.

If the offense in 2015 is higher but we lose early in the playoffs again it will be, "2015 isn't better because in 2005 if Carson wouldn't have gone down we would have won the Super Bowl with that offense!" I guarantee a portion of the fanbase will value hypothetical Super Bowls over the real end of the year rank if this happens. On the flip side....

If the offense in 2005 is better, we get to hear "Yeah, but in 2015 our #6 WR and #3 C were injured for a few games and we ended the year with some amount of people on the IR, if we'd have been healthy this offense would have been #1!"

There are a few different factions with different beliefs on this board, and I honestly doubt there will ever be 1 thing that every single group will agree on. It's so predictable that their arguments are already laid out before the season happens. The only way we're going to get even remotely close to a consensus will be if the 2015 group finishes lower than 2005 without ANY injuries on the offensive side of the ball. Even if that happens, I'm sure we can figure out what some of the other excuses will be.

How astute.  I was being a naive dummy, fo sho!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 02:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How astute.  I was being a naive dummy, fo sho!

If the 2015 group ranks higher and we do win the Super Bowl I think there would be a consensus in that case too.

Pretty much, we need to be the #1, #2, or #3 offense this year and win the Super Bowl, or else there will be excuses flying faster than my sister in law's panties on prom night.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 05:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I read between the lines  ThumbsUp 

Yes, I'm very excited for him this year (and the team because of him) and I don't see how other people aren't, too!

Plenty of people are excited about Hill, me included. Your "excitement" makes me think Hill is supposed to be the second coming of Jesus.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote