Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ Houshmandzadeh changes his tune

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Burrow definitely has the leadership skills that Palmer didn’t. Maybe getting to know Joe a bit is what changed TJ’s mind...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Understood Housh's thoughts last year before I saw Burrow just beat the living shit out of the best teams in CF.

Happy he is seeing the same thing later. Always love Housh…

Wipe those shoes with those piss rags bro.
Reply/Quote
That comment was pre-free agency right?

I think our activity is changing a lot of former Bengals' minds. You saw it in Whitworth's interview with Cowherd. He said he was kind of frustrated seeing the Bengals spend money now (wishing they did it when he was there) but that it was a good sign or gesture to Burrow that we're serious.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understood Housh's thoughts last year before I saw Burrow just beat the living shit out of the best teams in CF.

All I know about Burrows was the CF championship game and one of the most impressive quarter backing performances I ever seen, pro or college.
In this draft, the Bengals have no choice but to take him. Boom or bust, it’s Burrows. I just hope they use the draft to build out the Oline with the depth it still lacks. Burrows deserves a capable Oline.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That comment was pre-free agency right?

I think our activity is changing a lot of former Bengals' minds. You saw it in Whitworth's interview with Cowherd. He said he was kind of frustrated seeing the Bengals spend money now (wishing they did it when he was there) but that it was a good sign or gesture to Burrow that we're serious.

Great point. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:07 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: All I know about Burrows was the CF championship game and one of the most impressive quarter backing performances I ever seen, pro or college.
In this draft, the Bengals have no choice but to take him. Boom or bust, it’s Burrows.  I just hope they use the draft to build out the Oline with the depth it still lacks.   Burrows deserves a capable Oline.

You mean Burrow and I agree.

Build up the O-line and watch Burrow tear up the best teams in the NFL just like he did last year in college, eventually.

Not expecting Burrow to just light up the league immediately, you cannot expect this of any rookie QB.

But if we help him out right he could have a better year than Mayfield's IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understood Housh's thoughts last year before I saw Burrow just beat the living shit out of the best teams in CF.

I never agreed with TJ.. felt Palmer was overrated and he never lived up to number 1 pick and in the end we did better with Dalton than Palmer when you look at playoffs appearances  and wins...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow definitely has the leadership skills that Palmer didn’t. Maybe getting to know Joe a bit is what changed TJ’s mind...

Have they been speaking with each other?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 11:03 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Have they been speaking with each other?

They worked together when Burrow was seeing Jordan Palmer.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They worked together when Burrow was seeing Jordan Palmer.

Ahh nice, good to hear! 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not expecting Burrow to just light up the league immediately, you cannot expect this of any rookie QB.

Guarantee his first loss here, there will be threads calling him a bust. Probably game 1.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Guarantee his first loss here, there will be threads calling him a bust. Probably game 1.  Hilarious

And he will have some rough outings. Never quite got why we need to add that burden of expectations when Joe's transition will be hard enough. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I never agreed with TJ.. felt Palmer was overrated and he never lived up to number 1 pick and in the end we did better with Dalton than Palmer when you look at playoffs appearances  and wins...

Meh, I think Housh is just getting back into the Bengals good graces since his bold move to establish himself elsewhere was a flop.  Particularly after he flamed out in Seattle and his revenge signing with the Ravens fell short and Palmer got him his final gig in Oakland. 

It's cool he's all about Burrow, but the guy owes quite a bit to Palmer and we seem to forget he was a straight up d-bag for a while.  He seems like a bit of an opportunist to me, but I can see why he's come crawling back, so to speak. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Guarantee his first loss here, there will be threads calling him a bust. Probably game 1.  Hilarious

I think anything that goes wrong in Burrow's rookie year is going right on ZT's head. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think anything that goes wrong in Burrow's rookie year is going right on ZT's head. 

yup

Gun Borrow is gonna be facing:

[Image: RENTSG57B-2.jpg?v-cache=1541702333]
gun ZT is gonna be looking at:

[Image: 2ed19d941399ae6bd02cd1c204367cc0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I never agreed with TJ.. felt Palmer was overrated and he never lived up to number 1 pick and in the end we did better with Dalton than Palmer when you look at playoffs appearances  and wins...

I can't agree with that.  Say what you want about Palmer, but once he got going, he was the 3rd best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady. 

The offense was damn near unstoppable with him.  I just wish things turned out differently.  The knee injury and the elbow injury stole a couple years from him in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:36 AM)TheSweetness Wrote: Ahh nice, good to hear! 

Burrow also worked with Ross this Offseason.
Reply/Quote

Pretty safe statement there Harley lol
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 01:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I can't agree with that.  Say what you want about Palmer, but once he got going, he was the 3rd best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady. 

The offense was damn near unstoppable with him.  I just wish things turned out differently.  The knee injury and the elbow injury stole a couple years from him in Cincy.

MUCH better than Brady.

Brady wasn't even top 3 until 2007.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote