Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ Houshmandzadeh changes his tune
TJ was around Burrow a lot. Im sure he saw a real man in Burrow, compared to Palmer, the Go-Longer hotdog poster boy.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 01:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I can't agree with that.  Say what you want about Palmer, but once he got going, he was the 3rd best QB in the league behind Manning and Brady. 

The offense was damn near unstoppable with him.  I just wish things turned out differently.  The knee injury and the elbow injury stole a couple years from him in Cincy.

Take his record and states as a number 1 pick he was too inconsistent.. He might have a nfl record for most pick 6
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have mixed feelings about Palmer, but here's one thing I will say: Palmer was a top recruit out of California, went #1 despite his senior season not going as great as anticipated, and always had tons of god given abilities. Does it surprise anybody that when the going got tough, he blamed the organization? Granted not entirely without merit, but i mean Palmer is STILL bitching about the Bengals organization. Get over it dude.

Burrow had none of those advantages. He's a self made quarterback. You won't see that spoiled rich kid vibe that I always saw in Palmer. Those kind of dudes just handle adversity differently. They've been punched in the mouth before. So we should never have worried that Palmer's view of things would diffuse from him to his brother to Burrow.

(To be clear, Palmer voiced a lot of things frustrated Bengal fans have said for years, but I still wish he'd stfu)
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 12:36 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I have mixed feelings about Palmer, but here's one thing I will say: Palmer was a top recruit out of California, went #1 despite his senior season not going as great as anticipated, and always had tons of god given abilities. Does it surprise anybody that when the going got tough, he blamed the organization? Granted not entirely without merit, but i mean Palmer is STILL bitching about the Bengals organization. Get over it dude.

Burrow had none of those advantages. He's a self made quarterback. You won't see that spoiled rich kid vibe that I always saw in Palmer. Those kind of dudes just handle adversity differently. They've been punched in the mouth before. So we should never have worried that Palmer's view of things would diffuse from him to his brother to Burrow.

(To be clear, Palmer voiced a lot of things frustrated Bengal fans have said for years, but I still wish he'd stfu)

Yeah, he's way past the expiration date on having a legitimate right to complain.  That actually expired the day he was traded away ten ***** years ago.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I definitely recommend you guys watch the whole interview. The reporter didn't even ask him to go back on his statement about nobody being able to get the Bengals over the hump, he just brought it up.
Reply/Quote