Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ Watt signs 4 year extension
4 more years of seeing Watt twice a year. It is a 4 years $112 million extension. Supposedly the hold-up was the guaranteed money (much like Bates) which the Steelers don't like to pay other than a signing bonus so seeing the details will be illuminating.

edit $80 million guaranteed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Damn good player, I guess now a days that is a fair contract for both sides lol

20 mil a year, a lot of dough.

Hopefully we can start blocking this guy with our upgraded OL and Pollack coaching them up.
Reply/Quote
That amount of money will make a major douchbag even douchier.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That amount  of money will make a major douchbag even douchier.

Probably right. Amazing how guys who I liked before go to Pitt and just become dooshes. I liked Connor before he went there and 
many others and they changed in a bad way, maybe not Connor but you know what I mean. Weird. Just happy we stole Hilton from
them before he was destroyed. Pretty wild how even Antonio Brown is all of a sudden looking like a better person in Tampa with Brady.

People change but it seems never better when they go to Pitt lol
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right. Amazing how guys who I liked before go to Pitt and just become dooshes. I liked Connor before he went there and 
many others and they changed in a bad way, maybe not Connor but you know what I mean. Weird. Just happy we stole Hilton from
them before he was destroyed. Pretty wild how even Antonio Brown is all of a sudden looking like a better person in Tampa with Brady.

People change but it seems never better when they go to Pitt lol

Bud Dupree is a classic example. Really wanted us to draft him, he was a class guy at UK for the most part. Went to Pissburgh and got sucked into that culture and became the dirty rotten SOB he is today.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bud Dupree is a classic example. Really wanted us to draft him, he was a class guy at UK for the most part. Went to Pissburgh and got sucked into that culture and became the dirty rotten SOB he is today.

Hopefully getting away from there will impact him in a positive way.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
TJ had 2 sacks today. So looks like he is starting to earn that paycheck.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bud Dupree is a classic example. Really wanted us to draft him, he was a class guy at UK for the most part. Went to Pissburgh and got sucked into that culture and became the dirty rotten SOB he is today.

Yes another one I forgot about as he is no longer with Pitt.

(09-12-2021, 06:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hopefully getting away from there will impact him in a positive way.

Always wish these guys the best once they leave Stealer country. Love Mike Hilton even if he got burnt by Thielen Sunday.

Happens, but Hilton is a damn good blitzer and tackler.

(09-12-2021, 09:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: TJ had 2 sacks today.  So looks like he is starting to earn that paycheck.

Damn good player, was a good extension for them, bad for us and the rest of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
$28 million a year? Pass
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: $28 million a year?  Pass

I need to find the % that a player gets hurt the year following signing a big contract lol
Reply/Quote
I wonder if our feelings toward Pissburg players is just bias on our part or if they really do become dirty rotten bastards after a few years there..
Nah..They really do become dirty rotten bastards..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: I wonder if our feelings toward Pissburg players is just bias on our part or if they really do become dirty rotten bastards after a few years there..
Nah..They really do become dirty rotten bastards..

Yes they do lol
Reply/Quote