Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TJ on Burrow
“We’ve talked about it. We’re not going to say anything negative to Joe about the Bengals. Why would we?” Houshmandzadeh said. “Teams are bad because their players aren’t good enough. If they get that player that’s good enough, guess what happens? Your team isn’t so bad anymore. I’m sure that’s what they’re thinking. I’m sure that’s what Joe thinks. Negative? Not at all.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/04/the-people-in-joe-burrows-orbit-keep-saying-interesting-things/

Finally someone making sense. Dan Patrick, Carson Palmer, and the rest of the salty losers can get ******.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “We’ve talked about it. We’re not going to say anything negative to Joe about the Bengals. Why would we?” Houshmandzadeh said. “Teams are bad because their players aren’t good enough. If they get that player that’s good enough, guess what happens? Your team isn’t so bad anymore. I’m sure that’s what they’re thinking. I’m sure that’s what Joe thinks. Negative? Not at all.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/04/the-people-in-joe-burrows-orbit-keep-saying-interesting-things/

Finally someone making sense. Dan Patrick, Carson Palmer, and the rest of the salty losers can get ******.

There we go Housh. That is more like it.
Reply/Quote
About time that someone actually talked some sense
Reply/Quote
Didn't he just say a couple of weeks ago that nobody could turn this team around because Carson couldn't?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Finally someone making sense. Dan Patrick, Carson Palmer, and the rest of the salty losers can get ******.

Yep, it's time for them to schedule their colonoscopy. That's what you were trying to say, right?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 08:34 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't he just say a couple of weeks ago that nobody could turn this team around because Carson couldn't?

Beat me to it. Yep...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Weekly reminder that Burrow will be a Bengal and fans should relax.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 08:47 PM)Takedown Wrote: Beat me to it. Yep...

I get it... It's his job to talk, but try to be consistent.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's that time of year when everyone has to manufacture headlines. As the saying goes, all publicity is good publicity. Unless it's all coming directly from the horses mouths, ie: Mike Brown and Burrow themselves the rest is people saying anything in an attempt to remain relevant. It's not as if Housh and Palmer are the head coaches or team owners. The bottom line: Former players trying to be relevant when they're past their primes.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 08:34 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't he just say a couple of weeks ago that nobody could turn this team around because Carson couldn't?

Funny that Housh' would want to talk down on the Bengals.  He was a beloved and revered player here with the Bengals.  Then, his head got so big that he thought he was WR1 material.  Wasn't he out of the league, just a year later?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny that Housh' would want to talk down on the Bengals.  He was a beloved and revered player here with the Bengals.  Then, his head got so big that he thought he was WR1 material.  Wasn't he out of the league, just a year later?

Should be talkin' down on the Seahawks lol
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny that Housh' would want to talk down on the Bengals.  He was a beloved and revered player here with the Bengals.  Then, his head got so big that he thought he was WR1 material.  Wasn't he out of the league, just a year later?

No... He bounced around a lil.

He was on the Raiders with Carson, and ended up in Baltimore. He also later said he never should've left Cincinnati. He's very inconsistent when talking about the Bengals. I still really like TJ though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:25 PM)jason Wrote: No... He bounced around a lil.

He was on the Raiders with Carson, and ended up in Baltimore. He also later said he never should've left Cincinnati. He's very inconsistent when talking about the Bengals. I still really like TJ though.

Forgot Housh was on the Raiders and Ravens.

Always liked Housh myself, he cannot really piss me off enough to not like him honestly.

I just ignore Carson for the most part when he talks bad about the Bengals. He had a big part in the bad.

Housh was clutch on the other hand and I will always love when he wiped his cleats with the terrible shit rag.

Lives in Bengaldom infamy.
Reply/Quote

Thanks for the history refresher.  Like I said earlier, he was beloved and revered with the Bengals.  It's a shame that his ego got the best of him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for the history refresher.  Like I said earlier, he was beloved and revered with the Bengals.  It's a shame that his ego got the best of him.

Nature of the position. Even the classiest, most humble guys like AJ are not really that humble lol

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 10:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's that time of year when everyone has to manufacture headlines. As the saying goes, all publicity is good publicity. Unless it's all coming directly from the horses mouths, ie: Mike Brown and Burrow themselves the rest is people saying anything in an attempt to remain relevant. It's not as if Housh and Palmer are the head coaches or team owners. The bottom line: Former players trying to be relevant when they're past their primes.

Housh and Jordan Palmer are among the team working with Burrow through the pre-draft process...

IIRC he said that while still in Seattle.  I think it was an NFL Network interview where he said he was still close to old teammates and regularly pointed out to them that "the grass isn't always greener"...
Reply/Quote
If only players matter Housh should call the Patriots and offer Mike Brown for Robert Kraft and Bill Bellichick straight up.

99% or more of Bengals fans would say we need a real GM and a whole new approach but Housh says it's all about the players and not MB and we all like "Right on!"
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2020, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If only players matter Housh should call the Patriots and offer Mike Brown for Robert Kraft and Bill Bellichick straight up.

99% or more of Bengals fans would say we need a real GM and a whole new approach but Housh says it's all about the players and not MB and we all like "Right on!"

The problem is we aren't getting a new real GM.

We have to rely on Coaching and players.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2020, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If only players matter Housh should call the Patriots and offer Mike Brown for Robert Kraft and Bill Bellichick straight up.

He said players that are good enough make a bad team better.

Is that true or untrue?

Reply/Quote
Someone said that if Palmer could not turn it around for the Bengals no one can. Yet, Dalton took the team to 5 straight playoffs without girly Palmer.

The Bengals has missed the playoffs 4 straight years, two of those years, the Bengals finished the season above the Browns record wise.

Since 2003, for 17 years, the Bengals finished last in the division for only 3 of those years. The team finished 2nd place or better for 8 of those years.

If the Bengals take Burrow, they need to surround him with talent his first year and focus on fixing the defense in 2021-2022. The coaching has to get better. But by no means is this team as by as the national putrid media portray.

When Burrow takes the Bengals to another winning season, the national media can scurry back where they belong; under rocks like the cockroaches.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote