Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP 10 List of QBs around the league
Ya'll high as **** if you think Luck is top 3 right now. He sure has potential, but isn't quite there yet.

Cheating or not, Brady is still top 5 right now. Finally, Flacco is overrated as hell.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's all a matter of opinion. People are high as *** to assume everyone should think like them. Luck is a very good QB. He will be a perennial MVP Candidate. Look at what's he's done compared to many "greats" passer rating, yards, come back victories.

I considered Brady a top QB before all of the controversy. But I can't help but wonder what else has the cheaters done.

Don't know how Flacco can be considered "over rated" when so many rightfully criticize him. He should be top 10. But one thing for sure. Come playoff time he's one of my top choices.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:02 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: [Image: Joe-Flacco-290x392.jpg]

Throw long and prosper in the playoffs
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 06:36 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: It's all a matter of opinion. People are high as *** to assume everyone should think like them. Luck is a very good QB. He will be a perennial MVP Candidate. Look at what's he's done compared to many "greats" passer rating, yards, come back victories.

I considered Brady a top QB before all of the controversy. But I can't help but wonder what else has the cheaters done.

Don't know how Flacco can be considered "over rated" when so many rightfully criticize him. He should be top 10. But one thing for sure.  Come playoff time he's one of my top choices.

Ahh, but the "will be" in your sentence is the key. He certainly isn't there yet and has never received an MVP vote yet. Ben, Brees, Romo, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers are all handily above him. An argument can be made for other players such as Rivers and Wilson.

I also think this whole deflate thing has gotten extremely out of hand. He is a dumb ass for doing it, but is still a top three all time QB.

And Flacco is overrated from the stuff I see. We most likely read different NFL boards and talk with different crowds of people, but I only hear about how underrated and great he is. Playoff Flacco is good now and he had a very good year last year, but throughout his career he has never put up great numbers.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 01:31 PM)MrRager Wrote: Ahh, but the "will be" in your sentence is the key. He certainly isn't there yet and has never received an MVP vote yet. Ben, Brees, Romo, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers are all handily above him. An argument can be made for other players such as Rivers and Wilson.

I also think this whole deflate thing has gotten extremely out of hand. He is a dumb ass for doing it, but is still a top three all time QB.

And Flacco is overrated from the stuff I see. We most likely read different NFL boards and talk with different crowds of people, but I only hear about how underrated and great he is. Playoff Flacco is good now and he had a very good year last year, but throughout his career he has never put up great numbers.

Again it's a difference of opinion. My opinion doesn't hold any more weight than anyone else's. I didn't say he is the best QB in the league. I do believe he is top 3-5. Just his third season he was 2nd in yards and 1st in TDs. Has 12 come back winning games. So they win because of him in spite of him. Rodgers is the best in the league period. Ben is a pretty good QB. One could argue Brees.

As for Brady I can't hold known cheaters to the same level as others. Integrity is just one of the values I value.

Lol I don't believe Romo is a better than Luck or a top 5 QB. Unless you want to talk fantasy football. Manning WAS great. I believe he is done.
Say what you want about Flacco but I believe he is top 10.

I don't understand why he doesn't perform as great in the regular season as in the Playoffs. It's hard to argue against Flacco in the playoffs.
Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Flacco has the most road playoff wins in NFL history (7), two more than the New York Giants’ Eli Manning.
Flacco has the second-best playoff winning percentage (.714) of any quarterback (with a minimum of 10 starts) in the league. Manning is at .727 (8-3). It’s sixth-best all-time, trailing only legends Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman and Manning.
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips.
During Baltimore’s five-game playoff winning streak (the longest in the NFL), Flacco has thrown 13 touchdowns and no interceptions. He’s attempted 166 consecutive passes without a pick in the playoffs. He’s produced a 116.6 quarterback rating over that stretch.
In the Ravens’ last nine playoff games (since 2010), Flacco is 168-of-282 for 2,271 yards, 20 touchdowns and two interceptions (106.0 quarterback rating).
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 03:09 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Again it's a difference of opinion. My opinion doesn't hold any more weight than anyone else's. I didn't say he is the best QB in the league. I do believe he is top 3-5. Just his third season he was 2nd in yards and 1st in TDs. Has 12 come back winning games. So they win because of him in spite  of him. Rodgers is the best in the league period. Ben is a pretty good QB. One could argue Brees.

As for Brady I can't hold known cheaters to the same level as others. Integrity is just one of the values I value.

Lol I don't believe Romo is a better than Luck or a top 5 QB. Unless you want to talk fantasy football. Manning WAS great. I believe he is done.
Say what you want about Flacco but I believe he is top 10.

I don't understand why he doesn't perform as great in the regular season as in the Playoffs. It's hard to argue against Flacco in the playoffs.  
Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Flacco has the most road playoff wins in NFL history (7), two more than the New York Giants’ Eli Manning.
Flacco has the second-best playoff winning percentage (.714) of any quarterback (with a minimum of 10 starts) in the league. Manning is at .727 (8-3). It’s sixth-best all-time, trailing only legends Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman and Manning.
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips.
During Baltimore’s five-game playoff winning streak (the longest in the NFL), Flacco has thrown 13 touchdowns and no interceptions. He’s attempted 166 consecutive passes without a pick in the playoffs. He’s produced a 116.6 quarterback rating over that stretch.
In the Ravens’ last nine playoff games (since 2010), Flacco is 168-of-282 for 2,271 yards, 20 touchdowns and two interceptions (106.0 quarterback rating).

I really dislike pure volume stats. He isn't as efficient as he could be and still has too many turnovers (13 fumbles!) to be top three in my eyes.

Romo was an MVP candidate last year and led the league in passer rating. Luck's season last year would not even be a top five rated season for Romo. Luck beats him in volume so the only place Luck is better is fantasy football. Romo has been better at actual football. I might have some bias against Luck, but I get so annoyed when he is crowned as top 3 when he hasn't shown it yet. Sure he has the potential, but can we wait until he actually reaches it to call him the best?

Manning still had a better season than Luck and I'm willing to bet he does it again this year as long as his quad is healthy.

Ehh, I can see that about Brady. I personally think all of this is overblown. Everyone cheats and I don't care too much. Brady is one of the best ever so I'll still rank him high. Montana's best receiver used stickum so should we discount him?

As for Flacco, no one can deny that 2011 run or the Patriots game last year. Very impressive, but let's not act like Flacco was good in the playoffs at the beginning of his career. The team won many many of those games in spite of Flacco playing WORSE than playoff Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 03:46 PM)MrRager Wrote: I really dislike pure volume stats. He isn't as efficient as he could be and still has too many turnovers (13 fumbles!) to be top three in my eyes.

Romo was an MVP candidate last year and led the league in passer rating. Luck's season last year would not even be a top five rated season for Romo. Luck beats him in volume so the only place Luck is better is fantasy football. Romo has been better at actual football. I might have some bias against Luck, but I get so annoyed when he is crowned as top 3 when he hasn't shown it yet. Sure he has the potential, but can we wait until he actually reaches it to call him the best?

Manning still had a better season than Luck and I'm willing to bet he does it again this year as long as his quad is healthy.

Ehh, I can see that about Brady. I personally think all of this is overblown. Everyone cheats and I don't care too much. Brady is one of the best ever so I'll still rank him high. Montana's best receiver used stickum so should we discount him?

As for Flacco, no one can deny that 2011 run or the Patriots game last year. Very impressive, but let's not act like Flacco was good in the playoffs at the beginning of his career. The team won many many of those games in spite of Flacco playing WORSE than playoff Dalton.

I never called Luck the best. I don't understand how you say Luck's season wasn't amongst Romos Top 5. Luck had over 4700 yards. Romo surpassed that ONCE. Romo has never thrown 40 TDs. Romos success last year was because Dallas was so good running the ball and was able to Not have Romo throw much. Which is a good thing because I believe games are won in the trenches anyways. Luck had no run game at all. Luck had 13 Fumbles. Guess how many Romo had in his 3rd year??

Manning is one of the greatest. But at this point in his career he is done. It's more than his quad.

Hate him as much as you want Flacco in the playoffs is better than most. Not just two seasons. He had a streak of 16 TDs without a pick. NFL record of at least two TDs in eight straight playoff games. In the past 5 seasons he has more TDs than any other QB.
Daltons name should remain out of this thread.
Reply/Quote
I think I might go for Luck as my fantasy QB this year. I have a good feeling about him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 05:43 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I never called Luck the best. I don't understand how you say Luck's season wasn't amongst Romos Top 5. Luck had over 4700 yards. Romo surpassed that ONCE. Romo has never thrown 40 TDs. Romos success last year was because Dallas was so good running the ball and was able to Not have Romo throw much. Which is a good thing because I believe games are won in the trenches anyways. Luck had no run game at all. Luck had 13 Fumbles. Guess how many Romo had in his 3rd year??

Manning is one of the greatest. But at this point in his career he is done. It's more than his quad.

Hate him as much as you want Flacco in the playoffs is better than most.  Not just two seasons. He had a streak of 16 TDs without a pick. NFL record of at least two TDs in eight straight playoff games.  In the past 5 seasons he has more TDs than any other QB.
Daltons name should remain out of this thread.
Did you just straight up miss the part where I said I dint care much about volume stats? TDs and yards are not the best way to evaluate QBs anymore. We're past that. Luck simply isn't efficient enough to compare to Romo yet.

I also don't care what Romo did in year three. We are comparing QBs RIGHT NOW, not how they were in year three. Right now Luck in top 7ish.

And we will see if Manning is done or not. It's insane how everyone has written him off even though he shattered records two years ago and put up a 101 passer rating last year.

FlaccI sucked balls in the playoffs early in his career. I get that he is great now, but a lot of the records you listed are specifically for wins. That is why I pointed out that he was carried through those records. I don't deny that he is great now in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 02:48 AM)MrRager Wrote: Did you just straight up miss the part where I said I dint care much about volume stats? TDs and yards are not the best way to evaluate QBs anymore. We're past that. Luck simply isn't efficient enough to compare to Romo yet.

I also don't care what Romo did in year three. We are comparing QBs RIGHT NOW, not how they were in year three. Right now Luck in top 7ish.

And we will see if Manning is done or not. It's insane how everyone has written him off even though he shattered records two years ago and put up a 101 passer rating last year.

FlaccI sucked balls in the playoffs early in his career. I get that he is great now, but a lot of the records you listed are specifically for wins. That is why I pointed out that he was carried through those records. I don't deny that he is great now in the playoffs.

Its ok, like I said before everyone has different opinions. You still try to ignore information or leave out facts. I understand. Stats are stats. You can't choose to ignore them because it doesnt fit your agenda. I consider QBR and entire frame work of stats. QBR is sometimes flawd. So you can't use that ONLY.
Romo has put up great numbers over the years. His kryptonite is 4th quarter and playoffs where he becomes Andy Dalton. Using you FAVORITE stat. Look at Romo's QBR in the 4th quarter. Also he has thrown more 4th quarter INTs than any other QB.

Manning's drop off really didn't show until December last season. Maybe the cold weather got to his neck. It was more than his quad. He had no strength, zip, accuracy the last 5 games. But yeah your "favorite" QBR evaluation he was tearing it up.

Lol Earlier you said "we are talking now" yet you keep bring up how Flacco performed early in his career??! Ignoring the last 5.
Go back and re-read. Most of records I brought up were not just wins.
I see your are one of those people that just try to discredit everything any player you may not like.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 10:49 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Its ok, like I said before everyone has different opinions. You still try to ignore information or leave out facts. I understand. Stats are stats. You can't choose to ignore them because it doesnt fit your agenda. I consider QBR and entire frame work of stats. QBR is sometimes flawd. So you can't use that ONLY.
Romo has put up great numbers over the years. His kryptonite is 4th quarter and playoffs where he becomes Andy Dalton. Using you FAVORITE stat. Look at Romo's QBR in the 4th quarter. Also he has thrown more 4th quarter INTs than any other QB.

Manning's drop off really didn't show until December last season. Maybe the cold weather got to his neck. It was more than his quad. He had no strength, zip, accuracy the last 5 games. But yeah your "favorite"  QBR evaluation he was tearing it up.

Lol Earlier you said "we are talking now" yet you keep bring up how Flacco performed early in his career??! Ignoring the last 5.
Go back and re-read. Most of records I brought up were not just wins.
I see your are one of those people that just try to discredit everything any player you may not like.

It's not just passer rating. I was using that because it is the easiest to look up and understand. Luck is behind these guys in Y/A, Any/A, passer rating, completion percentage, etc. I value all of these efficiency stats over pure yards/TDs because those stats suck. Sometimes people simply throw the ball more.

Lol what? Romo has the second highest 4th quarter passer rating of ALL TIME, behind only Aaron Rodgers so I have no idea if actually bothered to look that up. If you only include the regular season he has the highest passer rating of all time in the fourth and over the past three years has the most game winning drives in the NFL.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-04/tony-romo-fourth-quarter-comeback-clutch-cowboys-lions-nfl-playoffs-nfc-wild-card-jerry-jones-stats-numbers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december

Manning did look bad in the last few games, but I'm just not ready to completely write him off as he is one of the greatest QBs of all time and had an injury last year. If he is healthy, I think he will lead Luck in all the the efficiency stats yet again. Luck may get there, but who knows so let's not crown the kid yet.

The ONLY reason I was talking about Flacco's past and not right now is because YOU listed a ton of career accomplishments to make a point of how great Flacco has been since he entered the league. I was just pointing out that those records were purely team records that had nothing to do with how well he played. It was sort of a tangential debate we were having.

"Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips."

You are telling me these stats aren't about wins? The only stats that talked about his performance were over the last few years, where I admitted he has been great.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 02:17 PM)MrRager Wrote: It's not just passer rating. I was using that because it is the easiest to look up and understand. Luck is behind these guys in Y/A, Any/A, passer rating, completion percentage, etc. I value all of these efficiency stats over pure yards/TDs because those stats suck. Sometimes people simply throw the ball more.

Lol what? Romo has the second highest 4th quarter passer rating of ALL TIME, behind only Aaron Rodgers so I have no idea if actually bothered to look that up. If you only include the regular season he has the highest passer rating of all time in the fourth and over the past three years has the most game winning drives in the NFL.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-04/tony-romo-fourth-quarter-comeback-clutch-cowboys-lions-nfl-playoffs-nfc-wild-card-jerry-jones-stats-numbers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december

Manning did look bad in the last few games, but I'm just not ready to completely write him off as he is one of the greatest QBs of all time and had an injury last year. If he is healthy, I think he will lead Luck in all the the efficiency stats yet again. Luck may get there, but who knows so let's not crown the kid yet.

The ONLY reason I was talking about Flacco's past and not right now is because YOU listed a ton of career accomplishments to make a point of how great Flacco has been since he entered the league. I was just pointing out that those records were purely team records that had nothing to do with how well he played. It was sort of a tangential debate we were having.

"Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips."

You are telling me these stats aren't about wins? The only stats that talked about his performance were over the last few years, where I admitted he has been great.
I tend to value all stats simply because sometimes QBR can be misleading. Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.
Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

The first quarterback has a rating of an all pro, while the second has the rating of someone fighting for their job.

With your "efficiency" stats Romo's QBR drops To a below average 44 in the final three mins. Hence the reason for the most INTs in the 4th when tied or leading by 7 or fewer.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/how-bad-is-tony-romo-in-the-clutch/
Again no one is crowning Luck the best. But IMO he's is one of the best right now. We will see if Manning holds up. I think this will be his last season. After breaking Farves record.

Now you are trying to cherry pick. You just listed THREE (not a ton) of stats YOU consider "team" stats.

Hard to find a QB with better performances than Flacco over the past FIVE seasons (not two) Most games with 95+ QBR (your favorite stat). Flacco has 20 touchdowns and just three interceptions during that time.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 07:13 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I tend to value all stats simply because sometimes QBR can be misleading. Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.
Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

The first quarterback has a rating of an all pro, while the second has the rating of someone fighting for their job.

With your "efficiency" stats Romo's QBR drops To a below average 44 in the final three mins. Hence the reason for the most INTs in the 4th when tied or leading by 7 or fewer.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/how-bad-is-tony-romo-in-the-clutch/
Again no one is crowning Luck the best. But IMO he's is one of the best right now. We will see if Manning holds up. I think this will be his last season. After breaking Farves record.

Now you are trying to cherry pick. You just listed THREE (not a ton) of stats YOU consider "team" stats.

Hard to find a QB with better performances than Flacco over the past FIVE seasons (not two) Most games with 95+ QBR (your favorite stat). Flacco has 20 touchdowns and just three interceptions during that time.

Of course any stat will be awful with a sample size of three. Over the course of an entire season, those inaccuracies are inherently rooted out. Like I said it isn't just passer rating, but Y/A and any/a as well. Dalton threw for 4,300 yards and 33 TDs (second in the league) in 2013, but that doesn't mean he had a great year. It was slightly above average. Wilson balls the **** out every year, but just because he doesn't have the volume doesn't make him bad. Volume stats suck.

Romo has a 93.1 rating in the final two minutes of the game, which is the active leader, and over the past three years has the most QWDs. The narrative that he is garbage In crunch time is wrong. He struggled early in his career, but has since been great late in games. Kinda like how Flacco struggled in the playoffs early in his career. The only difference is that his team lost. If he was carried (like Flacco) than maybe we would be talking about how Romo leads in the "wins" stat.

I picked four of the six stats you listed so how is that cherry picking? And yes, wins are team stats. Are you telling me Flacco is great because of the victory over the Pats when he went 4/10? No, the team won that game, like they did for many of the victories required to break those records you listed.

Once again, I have said Flacco improved and has been great playoff QB. That doesn't mean he was at the beginning of his career. I don't see you're point here.

Edit: Just looked closer at the article you posted. They are using ESPN's QBR, which is different from passer rating. I'm hesitant to use that because I do not know the formula and know they have some subjectivity in their grading. It's the same reason I haven't posted PFF or something. Also, look at the QBs who are right behind him in INTs. They are all very good.
Reply/Quote
I1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Ben
4. P. Manning
5. Luck
6. Brees
7. Rivers
8. Romo
9. Ryan
10. Palmer
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 07:35 PM)MrRager Wrote: Of course any stat will be awful with a sample size of three. Over the course of an entire season, those inaccuracies are inherently rooted out. Like I said it isn't just passer rating, but Y/A and any/a as well. Dalton threw for 4,300 yards and 33 TDs (second in the league) in 2013, but that doesn't mean he had a great year. It was slightly above average. Wilson balls the **** out every year, but just because he doesn't have the volume doesn't make him bad. Volume stats suck.

Romo has a 93.1 rating in the final two minutes of the game, which is the active leader, and over the past three years has the most QWDs. The narrative that he is garbage In crunch time is wrong. He struggled early in his career, but has since been great late in games. Kinda like how Flacco struggled in the playoffs early in his career. The only difference is that his team lost. If he was carried (like Flacco) than maybe we would be talking about how Romo leads in the "wins" stat.

I picked four of the six stats you listed so how is that cherry picking? And yes, wins are team stats. Are you telling me Flacco is great because of the victory over the Pats when he went 4/10? No, the team won that game, like they did for many of the victories required to break those records you listed.

Once again, I have said Flacco improved and has been great playoff QB. That doesn't mean he was at the beginning of his career. I don't see you're point here.

Edit: Just looked closer at the article you posted. They are using ESPN's QBR, which is different from passer rating. I'm hesitant to use that because I do not know the formula and know they have some subjectivity in their grading. It's the same reason I haven't posted PFF or something. Also, look at the QBs who are right behind him in INTs. They are all very good.

Well then maybe luck will improve when he finally gets the supporting cast like Romo finally had last season and views may change.

Lol...I don't see your point of you keep dwelling on Flacco's rookie year. For what purpose I don't know. Yet you said we are talking about NOW. When discussing other players. I don't see the significance of a game in his rookie year has to do with the past 5???? I posted more than just his impressive Win stat but again you cherry pick. If you said he has been decent in recent years. What significance is 6-7 years ago?? which Only to try to discredit his performance the last FIVE seasons.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 09:22 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Well then maybe luck will improve when he finally gets the supporting cast like Romo finally had last season and views may change.

Lol...I don't see your point of you keep dwelling on Flacco's rookie year. For what purpose I don't know. Yet you said we are talking about NOW. When discussing other players. I don't see the significance of a game in his rookie year has to do with the past 5???? I posted more than just his impressive Win stat but again you cherry pick.  If you said he has been decent in recent years. What significance is 6-7 years ago??  which Only to try to discredit his performance the last FIVE seasons.

Exactly. Maybe he will improve. Until he actually does I, think it's ridiculous to rate him too highly. That's been my entire point. Lets not rate Luck on potential.

And how do you not grasp this. I have even stated how beastly Flacco has been of late. The only reason I brought up his past poor performances is because you listed all of these records he broke. I was letting you know that those records are more team records than Flacco records. My evidence was that Flacco played terribly in many of those road wins and playoff games. That's it. I'm not trying to discredit the guy, but those records are mostly team stats.

I wouldn't have even mentioned those games if you didn't list all of that stuff. You brought up those games by posting streaks/records that carry back that far.
Reply/Quote
My view on him hadn't been on potential. But we will see if he can improve given the FAs and draft the Colts have put together this year. Shouldn't have any excuses.

All that stuff?? For the 85th time Ws were just part of it. Just one stat.

I posted his record consecutive passer rating. Record of at least two TD passes in 9 straight playoff games etc etc etc. The streaks were not part of the stats I included. Either way he still gets credit for Ws as well as losses regardless. Even including poor games it's hard to show others have been better.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 10:11 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: My view on him hadn't been on potential. But we will see if he can improve given the FAs and draft the Colts have put together this year. Shouldn't have any excuses.

All that stuff?? For the 85th time Ws were just part of it. Just one stat.

I posted his record consecutive passer rating. Record of at least two TD passes in  9 straight playoff games etc etc etc. The streaks were not part of the stats I included. Either way he still gets credit for Ws as well as losses regardless. Even including poor games it's hard to show others have been better.

If you aren't rating him based on potential than there isn't much to call him a top three QB yet. Volume stats are about all he has and, while the Colts have won some playoff games, he has played poorly.

You made six bullet points in favor of playoff Joe. Four of those six were win based. Once again, I agree Flacco has been fantastic in the playoffs. I never said otherwise, but was just refuting those four points you made, or providing a bit on context.

Personally, I don't know if it is 100% enough to put him in the top ten because of his meh regular seasons. Those samples are much larger.

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Brees
Ben
Romo
Rivers
Wilson
Luck
Ryan

On any given day I could switch Flacco and Ryan. Manning the lesser could also be in the discussion, but he is just so inconsistent. I also think a healthy Palmer in Arians system could sneak his way up there. I think Stafford is pretty overrated thanks to his one good 2011 and unless Newton shows me something soon, I think he might be a little overrated too. Smith is creeping up my list, but I hope to see a little more out of him. I think Tannehill is about to bust out and hit that top ten soon. While Cutler isn't great, he is probably underrated at this point. People say he is trash, but he is just average. Same with Dalton. Kaep is an enigma, but probably around average (maybe a little above) right now.
Reply/Quote
Luck has the second best deep ball next to Rodgers.  Those two are in a class of their own.  The rest of the top 10 really doesn't matter.  Still it's funny to watch people SLURP Franken Manning and give him a free pass into their top 10.... maybe 5 years ago fellas, but this turd is merely padding his numbers in DEN and stealing money.  

Manning can't even get zip on a screen pass anymore.  Need evidence on that, look no further than CIN D putting the final dagger in his career last year and giving the league a blueprint to beat Papa Manning.  Manning made the Colts HORRIBLE secondary look like the 85 Bears in that post season match up.  

I feel bad for Manning, but this disgusting injury from the leagues most inept dumpster fire franchise killed his career VVVVV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar36kCRyHGA

*** SIDE NOTE:  I bet Tawmmy Brady is in the top 5 fumbling QB's this year.  His small hands won't be able to grip those big balls without the 'Deflator' around anymore.  He sucks as well.  I don't give a crap about the Pats *SB wins.  That franchise is a giant steaming pile of mud monkeys.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 01:11 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Luck has the second best deep ball next to Rodgers.  Those two are in a class of their own.  The rest of the top 10 really doesn't matter.  Still it's funny to watch people SLURP Franken Manning and give him a free pass into their top 10.... maybe 5 years ago fellas, but this turd is merely padding his numbers in DEN and stealing money.  

Manning can't even get zip on a screen pass anymore.  Need evidence on that, look no further than CIN D putting the final dagger in his career last year and giving the league a blueprint to beat Papa Manning.  Manning made the Colts HORRIBLE secondary look like the 85 Bears in that post season match up.  

I feel bad for Manning, but this disgusting injury from the leagues most inept dumpster fire franchise killed his career VVVVV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar36kCRyHGA

*** SIDE NOTE:  I bet Tawmmy Brady is in the top 5 fumbling QB's this year.  His small hands won't be able to grip those big balls without the 'Deflator' around anymore.  He sucks as well.  I don't give a crap about the Pats *SB wins.  That franchise is a giant steaming pile of mud monkeys.
Is this serious? Do you remember 2013? Holy shit.
Reply/Quote