Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TRENCHES
(03-12-2024, 07:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Window shopping means nothing if you don't buy

Right. Same thing happened with Nick Scott and Irv last year. All the good ones were taken and we were left with bottom of the barrel. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Window shopping means nothing if you don't buy

True, still it isn't even the first day of FA yet. We will fill DT and RT, guarantee it.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right. Same thing happened with Nick Scott and Irv last year. All the good ones were taken and we were left with bottom of the barrel. 

I think that was more of we were blindsided by Vonn not signing with us. I think about everyone expected him back, Lou, everyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think that was more of we were blindsided by Vonn not signing with us. I think about everyone expected him back, Lou, everyone.

After seeing how things played out for him, I wonder if Bell could rewind a year if he would have taken the Bengals offer, or would have still chosen to move on?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After seeing how things played out for him, I wonder if Bell could rewind a year if he would have taken the Bengals offer, or would have still chosen to move on?

Oh, I am sure he takes it back and would rather be with us no question after last year and then being cut.

The Panthers sucked last year and I don't think he was bad enough to cut either. I bet it was more of their system and the players 
around him on why he didn't play near as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think that was more of we were blindsided by Vonn not signing with us. I think about everyone expected him back, Lou, everyone.

Bell is a lot like Russel Wilson. Panthers paid him so if cut as they say, he may come back for close to league minimum as as Panthers stuck with his dead money.

Vonn Bell

$6,000,000 $1,945,000 $0 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $6,000,000 $10,945,000
$9,890,000 Dead Money
$1,055,000
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's no secret we need help in the trenches badly.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Becton is literally always hurt. Always.

In that case,Mike Brown will probably go all out for this guy,because he Loves going after injured players,or players with a long list of past injuries.
Reply/Quote
Reader is visiting other teams. We could lose him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bell is a lot like Russel Wilson. Panthers paid him so if cut as they say, he may come back for close to league minimum as as Panthers stuck with his dead money.

Vonn Bell

$6,000,000 $1,945,000 $0 $3,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $6,000,000 $10,945,000
$9,890,000 Dead Money
$1,055,000

Supposedly we talked to him after he was cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It's no secret we need help in the trenches badly.

yea but also a great draft for needing Trenches on both sides.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After seeing how things played out for him, I wonder if Bell could rewind a year if he would have taken the Bengals offer, or would have still chosen to move on?

I doubt it. Bell was met with a quiet market in his first foray in free agency back in 2020. He probably knew that last year's free agency was going to be his last shot at any sort of big deal. The Bengals wouldn't budge off their 2 year deal, so he took Carolina's 3 year deal. Also, he wouldn't be a free agent if Carolina didn't clean house (again).
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It's no secret we need help in the trenches badly.

And yet, only Cody Ford and Drew Sample helped in that regard.

While DJ could return, I think it mire than likely he is gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:34 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt it. Bell was met with a quiet market in his first foray in free agency back in 2020. He probably knew that last year's free agency was going to be his last shot at any sort of big deal. The Bengals wouldn't budge off their 2 year deal, so he took Carolina's 3 year deal. Also, he wouldn't be a free agent if Carolina didn't clean house (again).

You think Vonn would of stuck with his decision even if he knew the Panthers would suck that bad and would cut him after?

At least we were a competitive team and he probably would of helped us win at least 1 or 2 games and made the playoffs if he stuck around.

Don't get me wrong, I love having Battle, but Dax was out of his realm and Vonn could of helped him more with his experience.
Reply/Quote
True. But one thing I remind myself every year is that there are always camp cuts, guys slipping through the cracks for one reason or another, and a long way to go before games start to count. Super Bowls are won in February, not March.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:01 AM)tms Wrote: True. But one thing I remind myself every year is that there are always camp cuts, guys slipping through the cracks for one reason or another, and a long way to go before games start to count. Super Bowls are won in February, not March.

So true, the people condemning this FA before it even starts are such fools. I will say if I am unhappy when it actually ends.

We get a good vet RT and DT or two in FA when it is all said and done and this is a good Free Agency as long as the players stay healthy 
and play well. We see this every year with teams overpaying for the top FA's who end up doing nothing for their teams. Just happens like
clockwork.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:07 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, the people condemning this FA before it even starts are such fools. I will say if I am unhappy when it actually ends.

We get a good vet RT and DT or two in FA when it is all said and done and this is a good Free Agency as long as the players stay healthy 
and play well. We see this every year with teams overpaying for the top FA's who end up doing nothing for their teams. Just happens like
clockwork.

i wonder how much "illegal" tampering(if said thing can exist) the bengals do compared to other teams...  Lot of these teams seemed to have deals ready the moment the legal tampering started... Which means they were definitely in contact before hand.
Reply/Quote
We have elite talent at qb and wr

In afc north last year both of our lines were physically abused.

If we want to win the Super Bowl, it’s hard to understand why we would not use all our marbles to get one elite DT and another good one. Or at least two good ones.

Not to mention right OT problem.

I don’t think this can be fixed in the draft when you are at 18.

In the meantime Ravens get Derrick Henry.OMG
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:56 AM)bengals67 Wrote: We have elite talent at qb and wr

In afc north last year both of our lines were physically abused.

If we want to win the Super Bowl, it’s hard to understand why we would not use all our marbles to get one elite DT and another good one. Or at least two good ones.

Not to mention right OT problem.

I don’t think this can be fixed in the draft when you are at 18.

In the meantime Ravens get Derrick Henry.OMG

I would disagree on you with #18 pick is an elite type of player potential coming out of the entire college football and from all the analysis ive read from those that do this for a living, this is one of the best OT classes in awhile in our draft. The Right tackle top end was thin this year .
AS for DT FA this year the top two resigned with their team, so really we had little chance there and the third Wilkins is not worth over 100 million with over 80 million in guarantee money.

What i do agree on is we do need to add a DT and RT in FA maybe add some mid-level DTs and maybe a one year gap player at RT but we have to focus high on draft for a RT and DT
Reply/Quote
Far as RT goes I feel like the most realistic options prior to FA are still on the board in Trent Brown , Tryon Smith and Becton. Never thought Onwenu was realistic and I wouldn't overpay for Williams. Not surprised how DT has gone always thought it was Reader ,a back 3 -tech with a serviceable backup NT. There were basically no NT's outside Reader, Stewart and Davis both got starter money so if we signed them that meant DJ walks. Far as 3-tech Hill is getting paid starter money so if anybody good want's to play here there gonna want starter money and want to start idk are the Bengals good with paying Armstead to start at 3-Tech and paying Hill to rotate in ? I thought Kinlaw could be a good cheaper backup option at 3-tech but the Jets gave him starter money. I was also looking at A'shawn Robinson as a backup NT was surprised the Panthers gave him a big deal. They have no choice but to resign DJ then I'd look at guys like maybe Johnathan Hankins as a backup NT not sure whats left at 3-tech ? I know there not gonna pay Reader and Rankins and Hill.
Reply/Quote