Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSIS Draft Day Plan
Trade: New York Giants acquire No. 33; Cincinnati Bengals acquire Nos. 36 and 110.

Trade: Jacksonville Jaguars acquire Andy Dalton; Cincinnati Bengals acquire No. 189.

R1:1 QB Joe Burrow 6’4” 215 LSU
He is a Quarterback. He will play Quarterback for us. Day 1 Quarterback.

R2:36 RT Isaiah Wilson 6’7” 350 Georgia
Trade with the G-Men to move down a few spots for an extra 4th. I want to pair up some young bookends together to protect our Wonderboy. I hopeful Jonah Williams is as advertised. I miss Big Willie over there! Isaiah Wilson is the pick. (Mechi Becton would be incredible at #33 if he fell that far, but I don’t see it.)

R3:65 LG John Simpson 6’4” 320 Clemson
Excellent guard prospect that was a stalwart on the line at Clemson. I’m not a huge fan of changing a players position on the line from what he played in college. I think he would beat out Mr. Jordan at LG. Immediately solidifies Burrow’s blindside with Jonah Williams.

R4:107 LB Troy Dye 6’4” 230 Oregon
We must be able to cover the TE in the modern NFL. I bet we lose 2-3 games a year because we never can. Dye has an extremely high football IQ and was a leader at Oregon. He is an NFL ready coverage LB. Hopefully he can add a little mass for the pros if it doesn’t effect his speed.

R4:110 LB Akeem Davis-Gaither 6’1” 225 Appalachian State
If he had another inch and 10 pounds he goes in the 2nd round. I would like to add him to the linebacker room along with Dye. I even have a pick later at LB as well! The unit needs a new look and feel. Davis-Gaither is a solid foundational player that would look great in stripes. I’m more of a thumper LB guy, but the NFL is getting faster so we need to adjust.

R5:147 WR Devin Duvernay 5’10” 200 Texas
Finally I get a receiver for Joe. I would have liked to get one earlier of course, but I don’t think WR is as terrible as some. Duvernay comes in and immediately contributes on special teams. I think he will be a good one. We could see some 4 WR sets with Burrow. Possible Erickson replacement or Ross if they dump him. Would think about trading Ross for a pick as well possibly, but I would like to see him with Burrow for a year.

R6: 180 S Antoine Brooks Jr. 5’11” 220 Maryland
Rated 2020 best run defending safety by PFF (I realize not all believe in the old PFF) Versatile on the field. Special teams ace. I really feel he is being overlooked at this point.

R6:189 LB Chris Orr 6’0” 230 Wisconsin
I traded AD, Katy HS’s finest, for Jacksonville’s first selection of two in the 6th. I have seen AD being traded for as high as a 3rd. I just don’t see it, a 6th is all I can realistically muster. Extremely underrated and comes from a great football family. Special teams player immediately and comes off the bench often. Go Badgers!

R7:215 RG Michael Onwenu 6’3” 350 Michigan
Big, strong, mauling RG. Good bye Redmond.

I didn’t pick anyone in backfield or at Cornerback because we are pretty crowded at the moment. I brought in a S and RB as UDFA’s. I would have liked to add a D Lineman, but will have to wait for next year. I like our current crop of D Lineman.

UDFA
DE/DT Trevon McSwain 6’6” 285 Duke Could make a good 3-4 end
LB Markus Bailey 6’1” 240 Purdue injury risk, but excellent is he can stay healthy
WR Lawrence Cager 6’5” 220 Georgia Big wise receiver that is getting better
G Gus Lavaka 6’4” 350 Oregon State old dude at 26, but he is pretty good
QB Riley Neal 6’6” 225 Vanderbilt Taller quarterback with lively arm
TE Nate Weiting 6’4” 250 Iowa Only a 1 year starter due to excellent guys in front of him
S Reggie Floyd 6’0’ 220 Virginia Tech hybrid kinda guy like Shawn Williams
RB Benny LeMay 5’8” 220 Charlotte bowling ball camp body
Reply/Quote
Not bad, not bad at all. I wouldn't be pissed if it turned out like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like it. I like it a lot.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good! A lot of players
Reply/Quote
I'm telling you, linebacker Evan Weaver in the 4th is a sleeper. He will become a starter.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:41 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Trade: New York Giants acquire No. 33; Cincinnati Bengals acquire Nos. 36 and 110.

Trade: Jacksonville Jaguars acquire Andy Dalton; Cincinnati Bengals acquire No. 189.

R1:1 QB Joe Burrow 6’4” 215 LSU
He is a Quarterback. He will play Quarterback for us. Day 1 Quarterback.

R2:36 RT Isaiah Wilson 6’7” 350 Georgia
Trade with the G-Men to move down a few spots for an extra 4th. I want to pair up some young bookends together to protect our Wonderboy. I hopeful Jonah Williams is as advertised. I miss Big Willie over there! Isaiah Wilson is the pick. (Mechi Becton would be incredible at #33 if he fell that far, but I don’t see it.)

R3:65 LG John Simpson 6’4” 320 Clemson
Excellent guard prospect that was a stalwart on the line at Clemson. I’m not a huge fan of changing a players position on the line from what he played in college. I think he would beat out Mr. Jordan at LG. Immediately solidifies Burrow’s blindside with Jonah Williams.

R4:107 LB Troy Dye 6’4” 230 Oregon
We must be able to cover the TE in the modern NFL. I bet we lose 2-3 games a year because we never can. Dye has an extremely high football IQ and was a leader at Oregon. He is an NFL ready coverage LB. Hopefully he can add a little mass for the pros if it doesn’t effect his speed.

R4:110 LB Akeem Davis-Gaither 6’1” 225 Appalachian State
If he had another inch and 10 pounds he goes in the 2nd round. I would like to add him to the linebacker room along with Dye. I even have a pick later at LB as well! The unit needs a new look and feel. Davis-Gaither is a solid foundational player that would look great in stripes. I’m more of a thumper LB guy, but the NFL is getting faster so we need to adjust.

R5:147 WR Devin Duvernay 5’10” 200 Texas
Finally I get a receiver for Joe. I would have liked to get one earlier of course, but I don’t think WR is as terrible as some. Duvernay comes in and immediately contributes on special teams. I think he will be a good one. We could see some 4 WR sets with Burrow. Possible Erickson replacement or Ross if they dump him. Would think about trading Ross for a pick as well possibly, but I would like to see him with Burrow for a year.

R6: 180 S Antoine Brooks Jr. 5’11” 220 Maryland
Rated 2020 best run defending safety by PFF (I realize not all believe in the old PFF) Versatile on the field. Special teams ace. I really feel he is being overlooked at this point.

R6:189 LB Chris Orr 6’0” 230 Wisconsin
I traded AD, Katy HS’s finest, for Jacksonville’s first selection of two in the 6th. I have seen AD being traded for as high as a 3rd. I just don’t see it, a 6th is all I can realistically muster. Extremely underrated and comes from a great football family. Special teams player immediately and comes off the bench often. Go Badgers!

R7:215 RG Michael Onwenu 6’3” 350 Michigan
Big, strong, mauling RG. Good bye Redmond.

I didn’t pick anyone in backfield or at Cornerback because we are pretty crowded at the moment. I brought in a S and RB as UDFA’s. I would have liked to add a D Lineman, but will have to wait for next year. I like our current crop of D Lineman.

UDFA
DE/DT Trevon McSwain 6’6” 285 Duke Could make a good 3-4 end
LB Markus Bailey 6’1” 240 Purdue injury risk, but excellent is he can stay healthy
WR Lawrence Cager 6’5” 220 Georgia Big wise receiver that is getting better
G Gus Lavaka 6’4” 350 Oregon State old dude at 26, but he is pretty good
QB Riley Neal 6’6” 225 Vanderbilt Taller quarterback with lively arm
TE Nate Weiting 6’4” 250 Iowa Only a 1 year starter due to excellent guys in front of him
S Reggie Floyd 6’0’ 220 Virginia Tech hybrid kinda guy like Shawn Williams
RB Benny LeMay 5’8” 220 Charlotte bowling ball camp body

Love it except the Clemson guard.  Get a WR like Bryan Edwards or James Proche there and I would be happier.  The rest is really solid. 

Bengals have a real leg up on the UDFA since they coached at the Senior Bowl. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote