Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown fired...
I believe it was Paul Dehner Jr. who reiterated yesterday that Zac Taylor was not actually Mike Brown's choice.
He was Katie Blackburn's and Duke Tobin's choice.
Doesn't give high hopes for the future of this Front Office, but hopefully they've learned something from this.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the curse started when Paul Brown tried to block Bill Walsh from getting a HC job anywhere in the NFL, including his own team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe it was Paul Dehner Jr. who reiterated yesterday that Zac Taylor was not actually Mike Brown's choice.
He was Katie Blackburn's and Duke Tobin's choice.
Doesn't give high hopes for the future of this Front Office, but hopefully they've learned something from this.

Still believe with Mike Brown its all about optimizing his profits. Winning is a far second for him. If they win great, he's happy. If they ruin the future franchise quarterback while being one of the leagues worst teams and still make money, guess what. He's still happy

As much as I hate him and his entire family, hes far from stupid. 

And no one could find a whole lot of fault in the hiring of Taylor. His history didn't support the hype of his candidacy but it wasn't a hire that was completely unconventional or unexpected. Thats not the issue. The issue is that any franchise that truly wanted to win would already be moving on. Instead the Brown family will fire up the excuse machine once again and justify keeping a coach that is clearly not doing his job because its the easier/cheaper course and they're still making money. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:31 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Still believe with Mike Brown its all about optimizing his profits. Winning is a far second for him. If they win great, he's happy. If they ruin the future franchise quarterback while being one of the leagues worst teams and still make money, guess what. He's still happy

As much as I hate him and his entire family, hes far from stupid. 

And no one could find a whole lot of fault in the hiring of Taylor. His history didn't support the hype of his candidacy but it wasn't a hire that was completely unconventional or unexpected. Thats not the issue. The issue is that any franchise that truly wanted to win would already be moving on. Instead the Brown family will fire up the excuse machine once again and justify keeping a coach that is clearly not doing his job because its the easier/cheaper course and they're still making money. 

Taylor did not have great credentials coming into the job. He had not had much experience as an OC, and when he did (1 year at UC and then interim OC for MIA), he was not good. His only positive credential was that he seemed like a solid QB coach between 3 years with Tannehill and 1 year with Goff. I think he's OK with helping groom a QB but I don't think he has the chops to handle being responsible for the entire team. He needs to put too much trust into the other coaches doing their jobs and unfortunately he picked back coaches under him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor did not have great credentials coming into the job. He had not had much experience as an OC, and when he did (1 year at UC and then interim OC for MIA), he was not good. His only positive credential was that he seemed like a solid QB coach between 3 years with Tannehill and 1 year with Goff. I think he's OK with helping groom a QB but I don't think he has the chops to handle being responsible for the entire team. He needs to put too much trust into the other coaches doing their jobs and unfortunately he picked back coaches under him.

Taylor has drafted well, and worked well with the front office, and gotten the players to play hard for him. They are doing things they have rarely done. The main thing Taylor needs to do is just give the play calling duties to the OC. It's really just that simple.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor did not have great credentials coming into the job. He had not had much experience as an OC, and when he did (1 year at UC and then interim OC for MIA), he was not good. His only positive credential was that he seemed like a solid QB coach between 3 years with Tannehill and 1 year with Goff. I think he's OK with helping groom a QB but I don't think he has the chops to handle being responsible for the entire team. He needs to put too much trust into the other coaches doing their jobs and unfortunately he picked back coaches under him.

Don't disagree with any of that. Just that they didn't go out and hire just any person off the street. He was high on everybody's list of candidates, not necessarily that he deserved to be. Again my real point isn't that they missed on Taylor, its that even after they realize that it takes a long time to change course for them.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor has drafted well, and worked well with the front office, and gotten the players to play hard for him. They are doing things they have rarely done. The main thing Taylor needs to do is just give the play calling duties to the OC. It's really just that simple.

Taylor also needs to move on from Anarumo and Turner.
The defense is bad.
The decision to "stand pat" with this OL (specifically Michael Jordan at LG) I would expect either falls on Turner and/or Taylor.

Also, Taylor's 2019 draft was bad outside of Jonah Williams (who was the safest pick of the draft IMO). The 2020 draft seems good though overall.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote