Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TUA vs BURROW
(11-22-2020, 11:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Oh, yes, and then there is this small matter.   Hilarious

I love the energy his team is playing with right now.  If you think who is NOT playing with energy here, it is mostly the old guard and I think the rest of them will be swept away this offseason.  

Guys, I am going to say something that won't be very popular on here:

If the Bengals were getting ANY production from Dunlap, Atkins, Green, and Ross, this team would have been at the very least 5-4.  They didn't.  This is the NFL and when you are having 10 and sometimes 9 players going against 11, you will lose.  Sure the Bengals have had injuries, so has every team.  I won't use that excuse.  I don't put that as much on the coaches as I do those players.  They will all likely be gone and if they can have another draft like this year (I mean, when was the last time we had the first six players drafted all making significant contributions?) they will fill those holes with players that want to win and the team will be a contender.  I honestly believe that.  

Miami got the chance to start clean and got rid of a lot of wasted money talent, collected picks, nailed there draft, and are reaping the rewards.  the Bengals jumped in with both feet in FA, but they didn't totally clean house.  That has to come next.  

I am embarrassed that any Bengal fan would claim that A.J. Green and Geno Atkins do not want to win.

They were key parts of the most consistent winning team in Bengal history and now they are considered lazy sandbaggers who are holding back "Taylor's guys".
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tua's passer rating in college last year (206.9) was better than Burrows (202.0), and his career passer rating (199.4) blows Joe's (172.4) away.

Tua's passer rating as a 20-year-old sophomore (199.4) was almost as good as Burrow's as a 24-year-old fifth year senior.

I was told that his receivers would routinely take 4 yard catches and take them for 20+ yards, skewing his QBR and making him look like a godly QB for making average plays.  I liked him as a prospect, but he never struck me as the kind of guy who will be able to sling the rock all over the place and carry a team at the next level.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tua's passer rating in college last year (206.9) was better than Burrows (202.0), and his career passer rating (199.4) blows Joe's (172.4) away.

Tua's passer rating as a 20-year-old sophomore (199.4) was almost as good as Burrow's as a 24-year-old fifth year senior.

Joe Burrow will turn 24 in December. He was 22 for most of his final college season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would have been happy with any of the 3 top QBs drafted, Burrow we got, Burrow it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:26 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Joe Burrow will turn 24 in December.  He was 22 for most of his final college season.

My mistake.

ProFootball reference has his age for this year as 24, but he is actually still just 23.

So when Tua finished his sophomore season with a 199.4 passer rating he was 20, and when Joe finished his fifth year senior season he was only 23.  

Still worth noting that it was Tua's 2nd college season and Burrow's 5th.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am embarrassed that any Bengal fan would claim that A.J. Green and Geno Atkins do not want to win.

They were key parts of the most consistent winning team in Bengal history and now they are considered lazy sandbaggers who are holding back "Taylor's guys".

You should be embarrassed and wear a Drama Queen Tiara (like Piggy?) for how many times you try to attack and manipulate what someone says.  

I did NOT say they don't want to win.  And, BTW, it was cute how you left off Ross and Dunlap, but I digress.  They are not helping the team win.  AJ has been an absolute liability in certain games and only played like a contributing player in two of them.  Geno's stat line is filled up with....nothing.  

The sad fact is they are getting no production and in AJ's case, he gets zero separation.  There is some company that actually tracks that stat and I don't have it but he was near the bottom of the NFL WRs.  

AJ did hold back snaps for Higgins early on.  As did Ross.  That changed and look at Higgins.  What Dunlap did was abhorrent.  He should be ashamed.  But you defend them based on their past.  Well, a lot of good that does for a team with Burrow on a rookie contract.

I was giving some credit to the coaching staff for being as close as they are to being 5-4, since they got next to no production from those four players that were so relied (AND PAID) upon.  You take that as a slight.  Get over yourself.  Have a box of tissues to dry your eyes for these guys that were once great and now offer next to nothing.  

And as far as most consistently winning teams?  How did those guys play in the playoffs?  Did they win any of those games?  You just polish that tiara and give them a participation ribbon.  
Reply/Quote
The Miami Dolphins set Tua Tagovailoa up for success.

The Cincinnati Bengals set Joe Burrow up for failure.

If the Bengals had selected Tua they would still be 2-6-1.

If the Dolphins had selected Joe they would still be 6-3.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 05:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: Speaks to the feckless and impotent coaching and the way matters are handled w this franchise.

100% spot on.  Rep.

If you look at what Brian Flores has accomplished there it really speaks to what good coaching actually looks like.

Throw all of the evaluation year, and rebuilding terms out the window.  He's clearly building a certain culture there, and has an energized and hungry team outplaying their talent level.

I keep hearing about how Zac Taylor is building something too.  I hear guys are really buying in.  But I see better than I hear.

I see Brian Flores getting the absolute best out of his players, and I see Zac Taylor not even getting an average return on his talent.  I see Brian Flores perfectly postioning his squad to take that next step with a treasure trove of draft picks and cap space.  I see Zac Taylor still spinning his wheels.

The Dolphins have shown how to do a rebuild right.  They made a great hire, and purged a lot of dead weight and cap space.  The Bengals made a bad hire, and never fully embraced a new era.  One foot in the past, and one foot in future, with a coach that is unqualified has lent itself to less than desirable results 2 years in.

Sad.
Reply/Quote
Swap them teams and I think you see different results. Tua would have far more problems here and Burrow would light it up there.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:20 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: SACK THE ZAC!!!!! Let the revolution begin!!! Dead HorseClappingDead HorseClapping

Joe

MODS: Can we get rid of the DALTON THUMBS UP emote since he is no longer a BENGAL and also the ketchup man. Thanks.

The Dalton thumbs stay as long as my Dalton neck tattoo is still here... Luckily everyone thinks it's Richie Cunningham.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Miami rebuilt. The Bengals did not.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think the biggest difference between the two players is that one still has both of their knees and the other plays for a cursed franchise. Ill let you decide which is which
Reply/Quote
If only Burrow had been so fortunate to be selected by an NFL team that has had 3 winning seasons in the last 15 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 01:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should be embarrassed and wear a Drama Queen Tiara (like Piggy?) for how many times you try to attack and manipulate what someone says.  

I did NOT say they don't want to win. 

Don't blame me for twisting any of your words.  Here is the exact quote

(11-22-2020, 11:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: they will fill those holes with players that want to win and the team will be a contender.  I honestly believe that.  
Reply/Quote
Idk if he got hurt, but Dolphins put Fitz back in.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Idk if he got hurt, but Dolphins put Fitz back in.

Tua was benched
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't blame me for twisting any of your words.  Here is the exact quote

And I said they would be replaced with guys that want to win.  I didn't say that Green and Atkins don't want to win, but maybe I should have said they are not capable of helping them win.  If you think Green and Atkins are worth $28 million this year, good for you.  I feel sorry for anyone that can't let go of the past at the expense of the future.  
Reply/Quote
I think both AJ and Atkins still want to win, they just don't have greatness in them anymore. Atkins may be salvageable after his shoulder surgery. I've come to believe AJ is just done. He has no speed anymore.
Reply/Quote