Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TUA vs BURROW
Anyone else sickened by TUA’s success on a weak Dolphins team vs Burrow’s?

Burrow > Tua all day long

Yet, Tua is trying to win his 4th straight.

IMO, the Bengals as a whole are also more talented overall as well.

Speaks to the feckless and impotent coaching and the way matters are handled w this franchise.
Reply/Quote
Miami was winning before Tua.

I'm not sure about their roster, but would assume they have similar talent to what we have. We had a great offseason in terms of adding talented players; Miami did as well. Of course we got hit with the injuries on our FA additions..

I would assume they are more successful because of their coaching, but I don't know much about their roster.

I don't attribute Tua's record to him per say. He's on a winning team. He's in a better position to win.

Tua has the luxury of being able to play bad and still win. Burrow is forced to do everything himself.
Gotta look at their numbers passing-wise and their overall decision-making to do a fair comparison.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brian Flores is simply a better head coach than Zac Taylor at this point.
Reply/Quote
There defense is pretty good
Reply/Quote
Miami spent a ton on FA’s, and unlike us theirs have actually worked out. Plus like other’s have mentioned it looks like Flores is going to be a pretty good coach. Someone from Belichick’s coaching tree was due to hit at some point.

Another big difference between Tua and Burrow/Herbert is he’s not being asked to carry the team like the other two are. They’re really easing him in. He’s thrown it 28x or less in all 3 of his starts. For comparison Burrow hasn’t had a game yet in 9 starts where he threw it less than 30x. Not even vs JAX when we actually had a running game.

Reply/Quote
Dolphins are and have been a better team than the Bengals. He hasn't even passed for 250 in a game yet. One game was under 100 yards. At this point in their careers, comparisons are very weak. Stop worrying about what other QBs are doing. It is a team game. Bengals team sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 05:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else sickened by TUA’s success on a weak Dolphins team vs Burrow’s?

Speaks to the feckless and impotent coaching and the way matters are handled w this franchise.

Luckily that is an indicator to disregard the remainder of the post as nonsense.

It saved me from having to read the remainder.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 05:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else sickened by TUA’s success on a weak Dolphins team vs Burrow’s?

They were better last year, they are a year ahead of us in rebuilding and have a better defense and oline . Tua is looking good also
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Miami spent a ton on FA’s, and unlike us theirs have actually worked out. Plus like other’s have mentioned it looks like Flores is going to be a pretty good coach. Someone from Belichick’s coaching tree was due to hit at some point.

Another big difference between Tua and Burrow/Herbert is he’s not being asked to carry the team like the other two are. They’re really easing him in. He’s thrown it 28x or less in all 3 of his starts. For comparison Burrow hasn’t had a game yet in 9 starts where he threw it less than 30x. Not even vs JAX when we actually had a running game
It also shows winning is not about how many throws or yards, he has a higher TD to throws ratio by far..he is avg a TD every 15 passes, Burrow on the other hand every 40 passes .. Tua is taking care of ball also zero ints.. it is a small sample but he has been solid as a whole
Reply/Quote
Tua's passer rating in college last year (206.9) was better than Burrows (202.0), and his career passer rating (199.4) blows Joe's (172.4) away.

Tua's passer rating as a 20-year-old sophomore (199.4) was almost as good as Burrow's as a 24-year-old fifth year senior.
Reply/Quote
Not to act like I think the Dolphins are going to be some new powerhouse, but they're currently competing for their division crown, they have a HC who seems to have it together, and they even have the 1st and 2nd round picks of a Texans team that is currently 2-7.

Man how much must it suck to be a Texans fan right now? The team sucks, Watson is possibly thinking of free agency, you get to watch Hopkins make a great game-saving play in AZ, and you don't even get a pick in the 2021 draft until the 3rd round. That's just brutal. Sucking and not even getting to cheer on your high draft pick for sitting through it.
Reply/Quote
It also helps when Tua doesn't go against Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice a season, not saying he will stink it up against them, but it's certainly possible.
Reply/Quote

I don't know what the heck you are talking about, and I don't think you do.   The Dolphins Defense is way better than Bengals so I don't know where you get that Bengals have more talent.  Since Bengals O Line is one of worst in NFL, I would give Dolphins the edge on Blocking.   Mixon is out, so I would give Dolphins edge on running backs.  Bengals had worst record in NFL before Burrow.   Where in the heck do you and others get the idea Bengals are loaded on talent.  The TRUTH is Bengals have very little talent, but they did just draft a very good quarterback in Burrow.  Now the trick is to build a team around him.  When Peyton Manning went to Colts, the Colts were awful, not as awful as Bengals now, but pretty awful.  Coach Dungy who built Tampa into a Power, added Defense & Blocking so Peyton had a chance to win, and so Bengals must do same for Burrow.  

However if you have a love crush on Tua, you might as well become a Dolphins Fan, because Burrow is going to be the #1 Franchise Leader of The Bengals for many years to come. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:57 AM)kevin Wrote:  I don't know what the heck you are talking about, and I don't think you do.  

Funny you would say that when you apparently did not even read what he said.

Why else would you respond to this.  .  .  

(11-21-2020, 05:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: Speaks to the feckless and impotent coaching and the way matters are handled w this franchise.

With this.  .  .  

(11-22-2020, 06:57 AM)kevin Wrote: However if you have a love crush on Tua, you might as well become a Dolphins Fan, 
Reply/Quote
Man I try to reply to posts all the time but as I type -I lose interest (and often times-train of thought)- so I delete my posts.

I just wanna say that- I don’t watch football all dey long. I only watch Bengals games- so I haven’t seen many highlights of the other rookie QB’s. I do know they’re playing well- but that doesn’t concern me at all.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh have defined NFL Defense(s) for the last 25 years. Defense is their identity (even if they have decent offenses).

Joe Burrow has absolutely carved up every other defense. Carved-them-up!!! Not with splash plays either (which he does need to work on) but with accuracy!! And not with ordinary accuracy- no- it’s elite. This is promising because it should indicate that JB- first of all- was the right choice as the NOAP- but secondly, that he’s not a ‘one year wonder’. I’m not saying Herbert (or Tua) is a OYW- but I’m quite confident that JB isn’t.

So I guess what I want to say is; JB has proven he was the right choice.
Like I said I don’t watch many other games. BUT I READ. Herbert has issues with his game (not saying Joe doesn’t). I prefer what Joe has done (most likely a biased opinion) because it bodes well for longevity. Herbert may or may not be better but his trajectory aligns more being a one year wonder. And I realize this thread is about Tua but we’re really talking about all 3. Honestly I haven’t seen or read enough about Tua to have a better opinion. I’ll have a better view of things at the end of the season so even with what I’ve already said here- it could change. Right now- I like our chances with Joe. Those other guys ... who cares?

This is why I don’t post much anymore because I ramble and then lose interest ...

SuperBoe Jurrow!!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Coaching.

In that department, Miami has it good. The Bengals have it very bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 05:43 PM)Whacked Wrote: IMO, the Bengals as a whole are also more talented overall as well.  

SACK THE ZAC!!!!! Let the revolution begin!!! Dead HorseClappingDead HorseClapping

Joe

MODS: Can we get rid of the DALTON THUMBS UP emote since he is no longer a BENGAL and also the ketchup man. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Coaching.

In that department, Miami has it good. The Bengals have it very bad.

This really couldn’t be said enough.

This is a coaching league. All teams are talented. The difference is coaching.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Only way I root against Tua is when he plays Cincy.  Seems like a first class kid.  They have different skill sets, and yes, I still believe Burrow is the better long-term choice.  I doubt Tua would be flying around like a fart in the wind if he had taken the shots Burrow has this year (ditto Herbert), but he is looking good so far and I wish him well.

I would take the Dolphins schedule playing teams like the Jets and New England (did I just say that?) over playing the Browns, steelers, and Ratbirds twice as well.

The Dolphins defense is playing extremely well and the Bengals defense is setting records for ineptitude.  Totally different situations.  But that isn't Tua's fault, nor is is Burrow's.  

The NFL has wanted Miami to be relevant for a LONG time.  It appears they finally are again.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 06:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Brian Flores is simply a better head coach than Zac Taylor at this point.

Oh, yes, and then there is this small matter.   Hilarious

I love the energy his team is playing with right now.  If you think who is NOT playing with energy here, it is mostly the old guard and I think the rest of them will be swept away this offseason.  

Guys, I am going to say something that won't be very popular on here:

If the Bengals were getting ANY production from Dunlap, Atkins, Green, and Ross, this team would have been at the very least 5-4.  They didn't.  This is the NFL and when you are having 10 and sometimes 9 players going against 11, you will lose.  Sure the Bengals have had injuries, so has every team.  I won't use that excuse.  I don't put that as much on the coaches as I do those players.  They will all likely be gone and if they can have another draft like this year (I mean, when was the last time we had the first six players drafted all making significant contributions?) they will fill those holes with players that want to win and the team will be a contender.  I honestly believe that.  

Miami got the chance to start clean and got rid of a lot of wasted money talent, collected picks, nailed there draft, and are reaping the rewards.  the Bengals jumped in with both feet in FA, but they didn't totally clean house.  That has to come next.  
Reply/Quote