Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV sound.....
Is it just my provider,or does anyone else notice the sound always seems off for our games. If it's a primetime game, it's all good, but when we get an obscure game without the "A" teams calling it, it seems like they always have the crown noise pumped up so loud I can't really hear the announcers. So then you turn the tv up to hear the announcers and the crown noise blows you out of the room. You would think the networks would have more than one or two crews that know how to run the sound truck on the broadcast feed.
Reply/Quote
I haven't noticed anything but I will admit I am usually oblivious to stuff like that unless it is really blatent.

How do you watch the game...OTA, cable, streaming, computer, etc?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I had to turn the sound off for fear I would vomit over all the ballwashing Kenny Pickett. What a friggin joke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought the crowd noise seemed "hollow" yesterday. Thats the best way I can describe it. Something def sounded off. That's the only game I've noticed though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Who turns up the sound to hear the announcers?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Speaking of sounds before it got cut off, did anyone here Burrow say “Let’s F*****g Go” after Perine’s last TD?

So loud and clear!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: I haven't noticed anything but I will admit I am usually oblivious to stuff like that unless it is really blatent.

How do you watch the game...OTA, cable, streaming, computer, etc?

I have Direct TV streaming, which sucks because I can't get the NFL channel. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Who turns up the sound to hear the announcers?

I do, even when we get the crappy announcers I like to be able to hear them. Blasting crowd noise through the tv is worthless. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I had to turn the sound off for fear I would vomit over all the ballwashing Kenny Pickett. What a friggin joke.

God it was by far the worst all year in terms of sucking off the other opponent. Everything they did was just “amazing.” When Pickens had his nice catch the announcer literally said he was “nervous” for Pickett thinking he’d throw a pick. Just disgusting biased coverage. If I wanted to listen to that I would have turned on Steelers radio coverage.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Is it just my provider,or does anyone else notice the sound always seems off for our games. If it's a primetime game, it's all good, but when we get an obscure game without the "A" teams calling it, it seems like they always have the crown noise pumped up so loud I can't really hear the announcers. So then you turn the tv up to hear the announcers and the crown noise blows you out of the room. You would think the networks would have more than one or two crews that know how to run the sound truck on the broadcast feed.

It's always off for me because I keep it muted as I can't stand 90% announcers as it is and especially the ones that do the Cinci. games.
Reply/Quote
In the olden days I would turn off the sound and listen to the Bengals radio call. Then they added a delay and it became too annoying. Recently they've increased the radio delay so much that I can't even listen when I'm at the games. They're at least a full play behind.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:42 PM)Roland Wrote: In the olden days I would turn off the sound and listen to the Bengals radio call.  Then they added a delay and it became too annoying.    Recently they've increased the radio delay so much that I can't even listen when I'm at the games.  They're at least a full play behind.

Mute for most of them for me.  If there's a challenge or something I can turn the sound up.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:07 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Speaking of sounds before it got cut off, did anyone here Burrow say “Let’s F*****g Go” after Perine’s last TD?

So loud and clear!

I heard that,but didn’t realize it was Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I had to turn the sound off for fear I would vomit over all the ballwashing Kenny Pickett.  What a friggin joke.

Tonsil-Hockey should be discussed in the "other sports" forum. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 10:46 AM)higgy100 Wrote: It's always off for me because I keep it muted as I can't stand 90% announcers as it is and especially the ones that do the Cinci. games.

You could turn on closed captioning so you could just read some of what they’re saying now and then.
I like the crowd noise because it makes it seem more realistic and ups the tempo of the game.Most of the time my TV would be to loud for most viewers,especially my wife,although my TV is in the lower level,you can hear on ground level of house very easily,as I’m in my zone on game day.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:59 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I heard that,but didn’t realize it was Burrow.

I’m not 100% sure it was him, but I’d put money down that it was. Lol
Reply/Quote
Who needs to hear announcers when watching a game? I usually mute it as well. And what is with all the shots of idiot drunk fans in the stands? It's like the cameramen think showing goofballs waving a towel means something? Show me what's happening on the field, I don't give a shyt what some moron with a painted face in the stands is doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 06:04 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: I’m not 100% sure it was him, but I’d put money down that it was. Lol

It was him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote